Game Thread - #9 Notre Dame vs #6 Ohio State (9/23/23)

Ryan Day didn't lose the game for Notre Dame. It's easy to use him as a scapegoat but perhaps we should look at Marcus Freeman for only playing 10 defenders on the last play. For goodness sakes, take the penalty and trot an 11th player out there.  Yes the difference of a half a yard is slightly easier to achieve but that 11th man might have just stopped OSU. I get its easier to take down Ryan Day for his comments but let's not forget there was 60 minutes of great football prior to those comments. This loss is on Freeman, not Day.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, OFan said:

Ryan Day didn't lose the game for Notre Dame. It's easy to use him as a scapegoat but perhaps we should look at Marcus Freeman for only playing 10 defenders on the last play. For goodness sakes, take the penalty and trot an 11th player out there.  Yes the difference of a half a yard is slightly easier to achieve but that 11th man might have just stopped OSU. I get its easier to take down Ryan Day for his comments but let's not forget there was 60 minutes of great football prior to those comments. This loss is on Freeman, not Day.

@OFan you come in here after that and…. You’re absolutely right.  Rats.

• Heart 1

The reason I joined this is to hear another perspective. If I want to hear how great OSU is I would just stay in an OSU chatroom and hear all about rainbows and puppy dogs. I think its better to hear and converse with the opposition.  I think an unbiased approach is best. Overall I think both teams gained alot from this game. Yes, easy for me to say with a W however ND has shown tremendous growth since last year. I like your coach, obviously. If this game is played 10 times, I think its split down the middle. And to share an unbiased opinion of my own, I was cringing a bit when Day was going off on Holtz. Can I live with it, sure. It really doesn't impact much moving forward but if I had a choice if he said it or not, Id go with not.

And thank you Texas Domer. 

And one last thing, my brother in law (and best man at my wedding) is an '89 ND grad. We talk college football all the time. ND was my favorite college team at one point until I went to OSU. 

Edited by OFan
Just another add
  • Flames 1
  • Trophy 1

10 hours ago, OFan said:

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t blame him I just don’t like him. FWIW he is in esteemed company with Kelly and Shaw in my hallowed halls of dislike.

I liked Tressel, I liked Fickell, I don’t like Day.

• Heart 2

Ryan Day is a friging clown.  And Lou Holtz was 100% right.  Day's teams are nowhere near what Meyer's teams were.  Hence ND running all over them the other night.  Hence Michigan running all over them the past two years.  Hence Alabama killing them in 2021.  I'll give OSU all the credit in the world for being in the mix every year.  I wish Notre Dame was as much as OSU was.  But once OSU gets there those teams haven't gotten it done either.  I hope ND gets another shot at OSU this year.

• Flames 2
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Ryan Day is a friging clown.  And Lou Holtz was 100% right.  Day's teams are nowhere near what Meyer's teams were.  Hence ND running all over them the other night.  Hence Michigan running all over them the past two years.  Hence Alabama killing them in 2021.  I'll give OSU all the credit in the world for being in the mix every year.  I wish Notre Dame was as much as OSU was.  But once OSU gets there those teams haven't gotten it done either.  I hope ND gets another shot at OSU this year.

I agree with all of this!

And would love a rematch, because eff Day and his weak arse!

• Cheers 1