Game Thread - #9 Notre Dame vs #6 Ohio State (9/23/23)

1 minute ago, EddieAngel said:

Ridiculous. ND isn’t back. We aren’t closer now than we were in 2005.

That makes zero sense, because that’s not at all what I saw. An old ND team would have folded after that first Ohio State TD, but they fought the whole time and had a chance to win. This is a different team, and one that will get us to the promise land, despite this loss to a very good team. The outcome sucked, and they made boneheaded plays at the end, but a team that has that fight is not the same team from 2005, or even 2018! They’re better!!

• Trophy 1

I will say, I’m mad at the offense for making stupid play calls on that last offensive series! Those passes were so stupid! Run the damn ball!! And the defense, I blame Golden! What sucks more is Brown and Morrison had a chance to end it with INTs! 😡😭

• Flames 1

Ohio State 10-17 on third downs

Brown two missed int’s

two missed pi’s on our guys

Hartman’s overturn 4th for a first

Missed field goal

Parker throwing it on the last series.

Morrison misse int at the end

Golden predictable third down blitzes

why blitz Morrison, your best corner with a whole field and leave the middle of the field open for a qb’s best friend and easy throw. They had the game in control until then.

• Flames 3

1 minute ago, coltssb said:

Ohio State 10-17 on third downs

Brown two missed int’s

two missed pi’s on our guys

Hartman’s overturn 4th for a first

Missed field goal

Parker throwing it on the last series.

Morrison misse int at the end

Golden predictable third down blitzes

why blitz Morrison, your best corner with a whole field and leave the middle of the field open for a qb’s best friend and easy throw. They had the game in control until then.

Yup! The moral of the story is Al Golden is a liability!!

1 minute ago, TexasDomer said:

I’ll take great comfort in the fact that we’re better when we watch other teams compete for the championship 

Don't take comfort.. I'm pissed. There were a ton of blown opportunities to close this game out. I believe Notre Dame was the better team, but I wouldn't expect anyone to take away any moral victories after that.

• Flames 1

Just now, Mike said:

Don't take comfort.. I'm pissed. There were a ton of blown opportunities to close this game out. I believe Notre Dame was the better team, but I wouldn't expect anyone to take away any moral victories after that.

No comfort at all. I’m so fcking pissed right now. Moral victories are for fcking losers

• Cheers 1

Just now, Baldy said:

Yup! The moral of the story is Al Golden is a liability!!

frig those fans and that shit school. 

Moving on. ND WILL get into the playoffs. Watch it!  Play pissed off and play hurt. 

Kudos to JPP. He played his ass off. 
O-line. Hats off 

Love is going to be amazing. Get that guy the ball as much as possible. 
Defense played well enough to win.

Offense and the receivers need to keep getting better. Flores and Greathouse started asserting themselves. 

the schedule still lines up with a ton of great games and a chance to redeem themselves and possibly meet Ohio State again. 

Go Irish and good night

• Heart 1