Thoughts on Collinsworth and Garrett?

I think they don’t put in the time to learn the names of the players they cover every home game.  They get names wrong constantly, and for me, that undermines any “knowledge” they may try to invoke.

They we’re more excited about halftime with “Jason Tuck” than the game they were announcing.

Just now, toddrhodes said:

The radio guys think Estime's first name is Austin. 

I don't mind Jack and Jason - kinda hard to follow Tirico. 

Agreed. Tirico is a top 5 voice in the entire football industry right now.

Right now to me its

Al Michaels, Mike Tirico, Gus Johnson, Joe Buck, Cris Collinsworth, Herbstreit/Aikman

I thought it was awful and I didn’t hear the homerism at all. I hated the chatter during the targeting on Bertrand. Yeah, I get it it was targeting but they sounded disgusted and condemning. They sounded to me like they didn’t like the Irish at all to my ear. I liked Brees better and that is saying something. If you listen to Quinn filling in in the booth yesterday during the Nebraska game you hear someone who is interested and engaged and actually has some insight, this was like having two disinterested refs calling the game. I would prefer Waldorf and Statler.

• Heart 2
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, EddieAngel said:

I thought it was awful and I didn’t hear the homerism at all. I hated the chatter during the targeting on Bertrand. Yeah, I get it it was targeting but they sounded disgusted and condemning. They sounded to me like they didn’t like the Irish at all to my ear. I liked Brees better and that is saying something. If you listen to Quinn filling in in the booth yesterday during the Nebraska game you hear someone who is interested and engaged and actually has some insight, this was like having two disinterested refs calling the game. I would prefer Waldorf and Statler.

You are spot on with this assessment!  NBC has always favored the away team to a certain extent in the past, but this season has the absolute worst I have ever seen!  The fact they talked to Jason Kidd and not Manti was glaring proof yesterday.  That and them pointing out how they felt the offsides call was not offsides and a huge gift, and how that targeting call on JD was textbook, when it clearly was not.  While in the same breath, talk about how Cal was getting screwed and getting no help from the refs, when they clearly were.  I’m also not sure about this whole new thing they’re doing with the former players, because have you noticed NBC gives the away team player more time to talk?  I really don’t think NBC will ever change, and maybe it’s worse now because of the whole ND to B1G storyline this off-season.  ND did get that whole new contract after that, so I wonder if NBC is being a-holes because of it!  This is just what I see, so who knows really.  But you would have to agree, it does make some sense.

18 hours ago, cali_domer said:

Garrett made some random comments that made we question his football IQ. I know he has vast knowledge, but I just assumed he was trying to fill air time.

It's amazing he was a HC and coordinator in the NFL for years. He is miles off.

• Cheers 1

On 9/19/2022 at 7:56 PM, NYGoldenDomer said:

I used to do this a lot with Rangers hockey games when they played on NBC because I cannot stand Pierre McGuire.  

He is the biggest dickhead sports personality I have ever met. We have mutual friends, he goes to great lengths to make it known that he has a Cup ring…continuously tapping it on the table, his pint glass. Smug prick…

• Laughing Leprechaun 1