Still hate the new setup and I am now looking for a new forum

Hate everything about the new setup and the fact that it now takes more clicks to look at the stuff I want. You guys did realize the whole reason the majority of us came here for years is because it did not change, right? Any ways no need for mods to respond to this as there is nothing you need to say. You can delete it if you want but it’s been weeks and anytime you introduce additional clicks to a user base they should actually make the experience better. What ever you guys did a couple weeks ago made nothing better. Peace out this is my last post. I still might lurk maybe.

Edited by ndfanatic78
  • Heart 1

Honest question for you. When i come to the site i just select "Unread Content" and it shows me the threads that have new content. I open the ones i want, then select "mark site read" its two clicks. Hope that helps the user experience. 

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

Honest question for you. When i come to the site i just select "Unread Content" and it shows me the threads that have new content. I open the ones i want, then select "mark site read" its two clicks. Hope that helps the user experience. 

I have a saved shortcut on my phone to just open the "Unread Content" page. Pretty painless

• Heart 1

50 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

I have a saved shortcut on my phone to just open the "Unread Content" page. Pretty painless

Two things that truly bugs me is that I click on unread content I do get that stupid ad that I have to click at the top to get rid of. I’ve hit the ad in the past when I was in a hurry. 
The other thing, which may be his frustration also. It’s Not the new format. But rather the old people left and there really hasn’t been any replenishment of new people. 
Pretty much the only thing I come here for now is for recruiting from Big and Teun.  
I’ve added threads in the past but it just seems to fall on deaf ears. Probably because we’ve lost so many people and not many participate. 
Faith tries to keep this place running with new threads but like my threads, they die off quickly. 
Hell, I haven’t seen any other mod in years post or contribute besides what’s behind the scenes. not blaming them honestly.  When I first came it was an amazing site. But when that Wild West came when people were able to post the dumbest wild outlandish shyt….that’s when they lost a lot of good posters. 
it is what it is I guess….

I'm not exactly sure the purpose of this thread since ndfanatic doesn't plan on checking again. But I'd still like to leave it up. I appreciate those sharing pointers on what works best for them and I'll share a couple as well.

To only show Notre Dame related content, you can click the Notre Dame Football category and ill will only show the subjects below.

image.png

As an alternative, if you'd like to change the homepage default layout to show everything (my preferred experience), you can click the 'Fluid' view button pictured below.

image.png

----------------------------------------------

@coltssb - Thanks for the feedback! Regarding that annoying ad, is there any way you can send me a screenshot or describe it, and the device (Mobile only, Desktop only, or Both?) I'll take a look and see what can be done there.

Regarding people / discussions:
There are plans in this area -- at least to facilitate more discussions. I'm working on opening up new roles (applications will be public) that should go live in the next few weeks. Likely to add new Mods to the team, a new site admin, and possibly something else. This has been a bit of a catch 22 for me. Needing activity to bring in new members. Having new members to feed activity. Etc. But the amount of discussion isn't close to where I'd like it to be. I appreciate the patience here while I continue to try and figure it out. 

----------------------------------------------

Everybody else, thank you for your feedback and suggestions!

• Heart 1

my two cents worth.

Be the change you want to see.

Members:  start a thread a week. I'll respond to everyone who starts a thread a week. We'll discuss anything football you want to

Right now I have: the Countdown Project: thank you all for participating

The weekly poll

In august I typically collect practice videos

The more threads we have appear on google searches the more ND fans will see us.

I can't do anything alone. DomerDomain will come back but I NEED YOU GUYS TO START THREADS 

• Heart 2

19 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

Let's also not lose sight over the fact that it is June. June is not exactly the robust time for college football.  Come Fall people can start tons of content, a thread per conference, gameday threads for conferences, etc etc. 

exactly besides recruiting june is when even the coaching staff takes vacation. The board will pick up when it usually does come august.

• Heart 1

I’m having an issue where it doesn’t go directly to the bottom to unread posts when I click a thread.  That would be helpful if you have any tips.

There’s a lot of load time for ads and linked twitter content, too, before zi can scroll to the unread posts in a thread.

That said, I’ve gotten used to most things in here.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, irishwavend said:

I’m having an issue where it doesn’t go directly to the bottom to unread posts when I click a thread.  That would be helpful if you have any tips.

There’s a lot of load time for ads and linked twitter content, too, before zi can scroll to the unread posts in a thread.

Clicking the thread title should take you to where to wherever you last read to, but if it doesn't, clicking the date of the last post (under the username) will take you to the end of the thread.

image.png

The ad load time has been a pain point for me as well. I can't see anything from my end that can speed it up, but I'll reach out to the network and see if there's anything they can do to improve it. The Twitter links are embedded and unavoidable. It's set up so that they don't load until you scroll to them. It can be annoying in threads with many tweets shared, but the alternative would be to have them all load with the page, which will load that page to a crawl, due to the type of content it is.

Hope this helps some, and thanks as always!

• Heart 1

16 hours ago, irishwavend said:

On the mobile site, clicking the "Updated..."  link will take you straight to the bottom of the thread.

Screenshot_20220617-095430_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0adadf3b88a1ba04eefa851eed524328.jpg

• Trophy 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2022 at 10:57 AM, Tailgate Approved said:

On the mobile site, clicking the "Updated..."  link will take you straight to the bottom of the thread.

Screenshot_20220617-095430_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0adadf3b88a1ba04eefa851eed524328.jpg

Clicking that blue dot will take it to the first unread post in the thread since the last time you were in the thread.  I believe clicking the "Updated 1 hour ago" link will just take you to the last post of the thread.  I prefer to start where I left off rather than working backwards.

• Trophy 2