Still hate the new setup and I am now looking for a new forum

4 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Clicking that blue dot will take it to the first unread post in the thread since the last time you were in the thread.  I believe clicking the "Updated 1 hour ago" link will just take you to the last post of the thread.  I prefer to start where I left off rather than working backwards.

You just taught me something that I didn't know. Thank you!

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, JTennant said:

See ya boomer. 

Doubt gen status has anything to do with any of this lol.

Some folks simply don't do change well. I'm not a boomer but my mother is ancient and she's adapted to tech pretty good. I have her house full of Echos, voice activated lights, security cams, tablets, etc..

Conversely.... The Gen Z kid across the street protested his school last school year because they changed ice cream cone day to soft serve.... When I heard, I laughed and said "No scoops for you". He didn't find it funny. Probably didn't understand the reference either lol. His parents fell out though, which seemed to piss him off even more. He's 

But on topic, I really haven't a clue about what the OP is talking about. I took most of the off season off, but didn't see much of a difference when I returned. And @Mike is always quick to respond when there is an issue or concern. 

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Doubt gen status has anything to do with any of this lol.

Some folks simply don't do change well. I'm not a boomer but my mother is ancient and she's adapted to tech pretty good. I have her house full of Echos, voice activated lights, security cams, tablets, etc..

Conversely.... The Gen Z kid across the street protested his school last school year because they changed ice cream cone day to soft serve.... When I heard, I laughed and said "No scoops for you". He didn't find it funny. Probably didn't understand the reference either lol. His parents fell out though, which seemed to piss him off even more. He's 

But on topic, I really haven't a clue about what the OP is talking about. I took most of the off season off, but didn't see much of a difference when I returned. And @Mike is always quick to respond when there is an issue or concern. 

Bud, I get it. I was just being facetious.

I'm 38 and am a general contractor, but refuse to pay my subs through next weeks newest tech payment platform venmo cashapp zelle. I'll mail you a check, or you can take my credit card or you can not work for me. I don't do well with change especially dumb a$$ ever changing technology. Zuckernut looks like a clown with that meta crap on his head. 

I now have a kid and am married but even when I was a single party animal I yelled at some guys to slow down in my neighborhood. I totally understand his frustration was just being stupid. 

8 minutes ago, JTennant said:

Bud, I get it. I was just being facetious.

I'm 38 and am a general contractor, but refuse to pay my subs through next weeks newest tech payment platform venmo cashapp zelle. I'll mail you a check, or you can take my credit card or you can not work for me. I don't do well with change especially dumb a$$ ever changing technology. Zuckernut looks like a clown with that meta crap on his head. 

I now have a kid and am married but even when I was a single party animal I yelled at some guys to slow down in my neighborhood. I totally understand his frustration was just being stupid. 

Yup. Even as a kid, never liked speeders through the hood. Got hit in an alley behind my house growing up while riding my bike by some dumb azz doing 30 down an alley near downtown. Broke his antennae and windshield. Surprisingly the bike and were fine though lol. 

My mother is addicted to FB. I exited early 2000s, but still have to help her now and then. Such a waste of time lol.

I've only done paper and auto deposit for my folks. I don't mind the venmo stuff with friends. I've worked tech/comm for a long time though. I still build my own PCs and a bit over-techy. 

30 minutes ago, Rocketsan said:

I wish I could figure out how to stop those digest emails…

@Mike I think Mike needs to tweak the settings. 

Most Invision forums give you a choice to follow a thread but without emails. 

But you should be able to kill all emails in the settings area. 

I just want to see the notification at the top of the page, and not get emails (when following certain threads). 

18 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

@Mike I think Mike needs to tweak the settings. 

Most Invision forums give you a choice to follow a thread but without emails. 

But you should be able to kill all emails in the settings area. 

I just want to see the notification at the top of the page, and not get emails (when following certain threads). 

51 minutes ago, Rocketsan said:

I wish I could figure out how to stop those digest emails…

Hey @Rocketsan,

You can easily turn those all emails off here. 

https://www.domerdomain.com/forum/notifications/options/

Uncheck emails for followed content, and that should do it. It will stop emails off follow any specific content, as well though.

If you want do just turn off notifications for the digest (updates in general and recruiting), but leave it on for everything else, I can customize that for you.

Screenshot_20220813-101740~2.png

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, SpeedsterX said:

You all get emails through here? Hmmmm

You must have opted out in some point in time over the years. Or never opted in to emails. But my previous message should cover how to opt in if you'd like.

We have a daily digest send via email of new topics in general (and possibly recruiting)

• Cheers 1