Coaching Carousel

I wanted to put everything into one thread that people can look up. I am going to keep this to HC positions (mostly just power 5 schools) as this thread would get super long if assistant coaches were included. I will try to edit it as things are updated

Changes:
Marcus Freeman (Notre Dame DC) ---> Notre Dame
Brian Kelly (Notre Dame HC) ---> LSU
Lincoln Riley (Oklahoma HC) ---> USC
Brent Venables (Clemson DC) ---> Oklahoma
Billy Napier (Louisiana HC) ---> Florida
Jack Dickert (Washington St DC) ---> Washington St
Joey McGuire (Baylor Asst HC) ---> Texas Tech
Sonny Dykes (SMU HC) ---> TCU
Kalen Deboer (Fresno St HC) ---> Washington
Brent Pry (Penn St DC) ---> Virginia Tech
Mario Cristobal (Oregon HC) ---> Miami
Mike Elko (Texas A&M DC) ---> Duke
Dan Lenning (UGA DC) ---> Oregon
Tony Elliot (Clemson OC) ---> Virginia

Rumors:

Power 5 Openings:

NFL Openings:
Jacksonville Jaguars
Las Vegas Raiders

Edited by NDhoosier

21 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

Really need them to get a solid replacement. Otherwise, there is NO hurdle at all for USC on the west coast.

Oregon has the resources to get a good coach. Not sure if they will, but they have the dollars and facilities. 

I'm not really concerned though to be honest. 

I hate USC, but I actually like it when their good. Helps our resume. They've been an anchor on our SoS the last several years. 

I'm still surprised UCLA hasn't taken forward while USC is down. With a state as big as Cali, you'd think one of USC or UCLA (or even Cal or Stanford) would do better nationally. 

PAC is just weak sauce these days. ACC is down, and super top heavy when Clemson is good. B12 minus TX and OK is going to be weak sauce. I'd like to see teams like Miami, FSU, etc regain some prominence and even things out too.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Oregon has the resources to get a good coach. Not sure if they will, but they have the dollars and facilities. 

I'm not really concerned though to be honest. 

I hate USC, but I actually like it when their good. Helps our resume. They've been an anchor on our SoS the last several years. 

I'm still surprised UCLA hasn't taken forward while USC is down. With a state as big as Cali, you'd think one of USC or UCLA (or even Cal or Stanford) would do better nationally. 

PAC is just weak sauce these days. ACC is down, and super top heavy when Clemson is good. B12 minus TX and OK is going to be weak sauce. I'd like to see teams like Miami, FSU, etc regain some prominence and even things out too.

Rumors are Chip Kelly will be their top target. 

11 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

No way.... lol

That would be interesting to say the least.

The uniforms work. They try to be cool and they get big name recruits because of it I am sure.

Just my opinion, I think the unis are cheap gimmicks. Have Bama’s unis changed at all in the last 60 years?  I think a clean, simple style is a better way to brand your program. Then again, I’m not in marketing.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

Just my opinion, I think the unis are cheap gimmicks. Have Bama’s unis changed at all in the last 60 years?  I think a clean, simple style is a better way to brand your program. Then again, I’m not in marketing.

I’m ok if they throw a new uni out every other year. Or for the shamrock series. That’s all the shamrock series is anyways, a marketing tool for more money and to get kids interested. 

43 minutes ago, coltssb said:

I’m ok if they throw a new uni out every other year. Or for the shamrock series. That’s all the shamrock series is anyways, a marketing tool for more money and to get kids interested. 

The recruits like the Shamrock series and the new uniforms. Sure some years are better than others. But unique uniforms are usually a plus.