Fall 2021/Winter 2022 Transfer Portal watchlist

7 hours ago, Big23Head said:

I believe they are currently sitting at 86 including Cbo. It sounds like there are multiple other transfers not officially announced yet. There may be more after spring. I could envision 7-8 players leaving in total. 

Anyone you care to share on? Front line guys? Knew there were rumblings of more, but 7-8 seems like a lot.

7 hours ago, Big23Head said:

I believe they are currently sitting at 86 including Cbo. It sounds like there are multiple other transfers not officially announced yet. There may be more after spring. I could envision 7-8 players leaving in total. 

Is this because of guys returning?  That would be Weisesk if they have a star studded senior team but no depth left for next year. If that’s the case you need to let some of these seniors walk. 

I worded that poorly. I meant I could find 7-8 that might consider leaving, but not definitely would leave. I do not know the current ones that plan to transfer. The ones I could see considering it are Cbo, Bracy, Dirksen, Vinson, Wilkins, Ekwonu, Wallace, Correll, and Baker. Ekwonu, Correll, and Wallace might graduate this spring and have a decision to make. Baker has the call to get an ND degree next year by waiting or leave now if he thinks he is buried behind Alt and Fisher. He is likely only an injury away from playing too and HH coming back is worth him at least staying through spring. I'm not saying they will or should but injuries, PT, and being at ND for so long for these guys probably has caused them to at least consider it.

16 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

I worded that poorly. I meant I could find 7-8 that might consider leaving, but not definitely would leave. I do not know the current ones that plan to transfer. The ones I could see considering it are Cbo, Bracy, Dirksen, Vinson, Wilkins, Ekwonu, Wallace, Correll, and Baker. Ekwonu, Correll, and Wallace might graduate this spring and have a decision to make. Baker has the call to get an ND degree next year by waiting or leave now if he thinks he is buried behind Alt and Fisher. He is likely only an injury away from playing too and HH coming back is worth him at least staying through spring. I'm not saying they will or should but injuries, PT, and being at ND for so long for these guys probably has caused them to at least consider it.

Ah thanks. The ones that seem to matter the most to me in this order are Bracy, Wilkins, Correll, and Baker. The rest are just parts at this point. Bracy and Wilkins because of lack of depth. Correll and Baker because they could be starters next year for us or someone else. Maybe even “two year” starters. But that list isn’t as bad as I thought. 

1 hour ago, Big23Head said:

Wilkins is back

44 minutes ago, nd1989 said:

excited to see what he can do.  I thought he would have a breakout year, this year but then bit the injury bug....

I’m wondering if anything’s been reported on his injury? Right after it was said to be an MCL, which is usually a 6-8 week recovery. That should mean he should have been practicing during the bowl game.

Was it something more than MCL?

3 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Diggs has already posted on twitter that he is returning. I guess it could change, but not as of this moment.

Was mentioned again on Irish Breakdown today that it’s still up in air. That guy is usually correct. He didn’t say he was gone said still a possibility he transfers 

6 minutes ago, Jburkdd12 said:

Was mentioned again on Irish Breakdown today that it’s still up in air. That guy is usually correct. He didn’t say he was gone said still a possibility he transfers 

oh I see, I have not see that episode yet. Well poo, I'll have to watch that.

18 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

7 Alabama players enter portal(ESPN only listed 4, didn't mention who the other 3 were)
TE Jahleel Billingsley
LB  Drew Sanders
QB Paul Tyson
OL Tommy Brown

2 Georgia players enter portal
DB Ameer Speed
WR Jaylen Johnson

I wonder if they can make more NIL money starting on another team rather than riding the bench at 'Bama or Georgia?

• Heart 1