Fall 2021/Winter 2022 Transfer Portal watchlist

1 hour ago, AnTostal said:

Just a different USC than we normally think of at ND...

Back in the day, sports writers referred to South Carolina as USC and Southern Cal as U$C.

Ever since I learned that Southern Cal fans hate the use of "Southern Cal" for some reason, I have made it a point to always use Southern Cal when referring to them.  😎

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, ndfanatic78 said:

Talent, depth, and competition. I don't think he comes but you dont turn him down if he wanted to.

Exactly right. He maybe more talented than Buchner. Why would you turn that down?  If Patrick Maholms wanted to come to ND you wouldn’t say no because you want to see what Buchner can do. Every position is always up for air. Qb position shouldn’t be the only one not just because you like the guy. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, coltssb said:

Exactly right. He maybe more talented than Buchner. Why would you turn that down?  If Patrick Maholms wanted to come to ND you wouldn’t say no because you want to see what Buchner can do. Every position is always up for air. Qb position shouldn’t be the only one not just because you like the guy. 

Yeah well said. Let’s say no one else comes in and Buchner wins the job as expected. I think Pyne  would stay, but what if he doesn’t? That qb room becomes awfully suspect after Buchner

42 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

Yeah well said. Let’s say no one else comes in and Buchner wins the job as expected. I think Pyne  would stay, but what if he doesn’t? That qb room becomes awfully suspect after Buchner

Also, think about this. Bama had Hurts, Tua and Jones all at the same time. Now all in the NFL. Hasn’t hurt them having multiple talent at that position. 

42 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

Do people not realize you only get 85 scholarships? If you wanted Him recruit him and sign him. Irish struggled to get Brandon Joseph in. He graduated in 3 years from north western and he had to jump through hoops… 

6 minutes ago, Jburkdd12 said:

Do people not realize you only get 85 scholarships? If you wanted Him recruit him and sign him. Irish struggled to get Brandon Joseph in. He graduated in 3 years from north western and he had to jump through hoops… 

They are below 85. They may still have some guys leave. I wouldn’t worry about 85 right now. 

1 hour ago, coltssb said:

They are below 85. They may still have some guys leave. I wouldn’t worry about 85 right now. 

Not yet, they are still at 87

But I doubt Dart would come here unless he was guaranteed a starting spot, which there is no way the coaches can guarantee that with Buchner/Pyne there and Dart the same age with little experience as well.

Edited by NDhoosier
  • Heart 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

Not yet, they are still at 87

But I doubt Dart would come here unless he was guaranteed a starting spot, which there is no way the coaches can guarantee that with Buchner/Pyne there and Dart the same age with little experience as well.

Did I misread on another thread that they are below 85 or will be?

The departures…Austin, Maolo, White, Hamilton, Kia(mission), Williams, Coan, C’bo(most likely), Hinish, MTA, Keys, Simon, Carroll, Pryor, Madden, Bramblett(scholly?), Doerer(scholly?), Am I missing anyone?

I believe they are currently sitting at 86 including Cbo. It sounds like there are multiple other transfers not officially announced yet. There may be more after spring. I could envision 7-8 players leaving in total. 

Edited by Big23Head