2023 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

3 hours ago, JeffV said:

I'm nervous there might be a lot of chaos between now and signing day, but I hope you're right.  

I think Styles stays and goes to work.  I sure hope so.

And along with Merriweather, Thomas, and Colzie, we have decent experience and talent on the field.  And this new class wants to play now.  They're going to be some of the fastest and best athletes on the team, just a matter of how quick they pick it all up.

Just thinking through the 3-deep, I realize we need a slot guy, and certainly the depth - thanks all for the nudge.

It seems like the receivers group is going to be pretty stout in the coming years if ND keeps the current commitments and Merriweather, Colzie, Styles, and Thomas stick around.  Going to be hard to find playing time for all those guys and someone will likely transfer after the spring, I think.  A good problem to have.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, coltssb said:

Styles leaving would be crazy to me.  Especially, being the starter and when ND may be getting a transfer qb. I think they are going to use him more next year. It was a very odd year for everything. 

Definitely agree with this coltsrb. Especially with Mayer leaving, Styles stands to be the number 1 target heading into next season. Where could he go and be the main guy immediately?

20 hours ago, coltssb said:

Styles leaving would be crazy to me.  Especially, being the starter and when ND may be getting a transfer qb. I think they are going to use him more next year. It was a very odd year for everything. 

But probably also has his doubts on our QBs ability to get the ball to a non HB/TE. Leading receiving yards from WRs last few years:

2022: Styles 340

2021: Austin 888

2020: McKinley 717

No thousand yard receiver since Claypool in 2019, that's a  rough stretch. A transfer QB (graduate or otherwise) may sway some thoughts. How good is Pyne without Mayer? Definitely favored the TE position.

Edited by reneg
  • Heart 1

Sounds like Notre Dame will be going after a new CB in the 2023 class because there may be a couple transfers at that position due to playing time.

Im betting from the group of:
Barnes
Riley
Tucker
Lewis
Bellamy

Edited by NDhoosier

11 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Sounds like Notre Dame will be going after a new CB in the 2023 class because there may be a couple transfers at that position due to playing time.

Barnes
Riley
Tucker
Lewis
Bellamy

Good call and insight, Bellamy in the portal

11 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Barnes
Riley
Tucker
Lewis
Bellamy

Good call on Bellamy. I forgot about him. I wrote that I thought Barnes and Riley may go. Let’s hope a few of them stay for pure depth. As we saw this year with Hart, guys could see time and be a starter within minutes.  Not always wise to leave just because you are second string at that moment. 

• Heart 1