Welcome New Members - Introduce Yourself

2 hours ago, coltssb said:

I had that same jersey. But I absolutely hated Powlus. I hated the fact that he would cower as soon as somebody breathed on him. Coan has those tendencies. A gust of wind could blow them over. I also hated how he would only look for Derek Mayes every pass attempt. He was so one dimensional. Anyways, I threw that Champion #3 jersey away as soon as I played football with it and got it dirty. Didn’t even clean it. Just tossed it haha. 

I was a kid, I didn't know any better.  He was the starting QB of my favorite college team, that's pretty much all it was to it.  I have no idea what happen to that jersey though.  I still have my Brady Quinn jersey with the numbers on the shoulders instead of the ND.  

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, GRIMREAPER1270 said:

Born and raised on Long Island. Now living in Florida near the Tampa area. I became a ND fan in the mid 70's. My dad was a huge ND fan and as an Irish Catholic it was a perfect fit for me!!!!! My favorite player was "The Rocket" Raghib Ismail. 

I'm on Long Island too.  Ronkonkoma.

• Heart 1

55 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I was a kid, I didn't know any better.  He was the starting QB of my favorite college team, that's pretty much all it was to it.  I have no idea what happen to that jersey though.  I still have my Brady Quinn jersey with the numbers on the shoulders instead of the ND.  

Hey!  No regrets!  You like who you like!  Now if you said you had a Tommy Rees jersey. Jk:). 

I can’t remember which one but I feel like I joined or became active during a coaching change probably Brian Kelly..

I’m sure we’ll get a surge of new members soon. Let’s play nice and break them in without scaring them off right away. 

2 minutes ago, JTennant said:

I can’t remember which one but I feel like I joined or became active during a coaching change probably Brian Kelly..

Looks like it! You joined in November of 2009, just weeks before Brian Kelly was named head coach.

• Cheers 1

Hello everyone! I've been an ND fan since Lou started coaching at ND. I used to live in SB and now live in Michigan. I try to get to a game or two every year and made it to the Navy game with my wife and oldest son and his wife this year. I attended a little private university in Indiana now named Trine University and I work for a Tech company on the east coast.

• Cheers 2

I am Gary and I am from Hebron, In.  Now live in Tampa.   Been an Irish fan since mid 70’s.  I live and die with Saturdays in the fall.  I kind of went off the deep end last year when we got handed our butt by Alabama again. My wife and I are celebrating our 30th next summer and we are going back to Europe as long as the damn virus lets us.  

I have been to 5 games, none of them a big game but a lot of fun. Latest was against and at Stanford.  
I have for the most part been a lurker, but really appreciate the banter, Faiths drawings and most of all Big’s recruiting updates and insights.  I graduated from an engineering school but sent my daughter to Saint Mary’s. 

I really appreciate the site. 

• Trophy 1
  • Cheers 2

17 hours ago, ND4EVR said:

Hello everyone! I've been an ND fan since Lou started coaching at ND. I used to live in SB and now live in Michigan. I try to get to a game or two every year and made it to the Navy game with my wife and oldest son and his wife this year. I attended a little private university in Indiana now named Trine University and I work for a Tech company on the east coast.

Welcome to DomerDomain!

• Heart 1

I am in southern California, about forty miles south of Los Angeles. I am in the heart of USC country, unfortunately.

The U$C fanbase has been mostly in hiding for a decade, but I have seen an uptick in folks rocking their USC gear. The populace is stoked about the Riley hire (they should be). They are going to be a problem again.

In any event, I have been an Irish fan since the 80s. I started watching in 1984, went to my first USC-ND game that year. We were in south Florida for a couple of years and watched Jimmy Johnson humiliate Faust in his last game. In short, it was a rough beginning!

But as my father was an Irish-Catholic from Chicago, it was obvious who he rooted for. I'm sure I had a choice to root for somebody else; I just was not told of that freedom.

I joined this board after Weis was fired. I don't post a lot and I go long stretches without checking the board. But when there is a major story, this is the first place I check.