Welcome New Members - Introduce Yourself

Yo !! I have been on DD since 2006 and I have had some real relationships with you fine guys/gals. Shout out to Speedy, Gabe, Rocket, Cali, Faith-   And so many more. ! Cheers. I am   here living in Oregon,  back in the day when I was on here  24 /7 before I had kids I would be on all day but life came and now not so much but So much. GO IRISH! 

Fun story,  in 2009 I flew to south bend and stayed with member  speedy for a game weekend and stayed at his house! It was so fun.  DD is a special place to me. 

• Trophy 1
  • Cheers 1

On 12/14/2021 at 10:59 PM, tdnd81 said:

Yo !! I have been on DD since 2006 and I have had some real relationships with you fine guys/gals. Shout out to Speedy, Gabe, Rocket, Cali, Faith-   And so many more. ! Cheers. I am   here living in Oregon,  back in the day when I was on here  24 /7 before I had kids I would be on all day but life came and now not so much but So much. GO IRISH! 

Fun story,  in 2009 I flew to south bend and stayed with member  speedy for a game weekend and stayed at his house! It was so fun.  DD is a special place to me. 

This sounds like a Jim Harbaugh situation 🙂

Born, raised and still living in Chicago. Southside Irish!! I'm an elementary/middle school administrator, it's been the worst two years since Jan 2020.

Been visiting South Bend and ND since the 70's when I was a youngster. Been to many many games throughout the years and sat pretty much everywhere (field seats, first row behind the bench, new club, last row). Lots of great family memories and so thankful that I got to share so many games with my dad. 

Best game day highlight for me was two years ago on Senior Day. Was able to get four seats next to the tunnel. Sat next to the railing and talked to some of the players as they were lined up. Best part was right before halftime when Doer kicked a 40+ yard field goal and I caught it leaning over the railing! I was on national tv holding up the ball. I have better hands than Chris Tyree catching kicks!! 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, JoeyD said:

Born, raised and still living in Chicago. Southside Irish!! I'm an elementary/middle school administrator, it's been the worst two years since Jan 2020.

Been visiting South Bend and ND since the 70's when I was a youngster. Been to many many games throughout the years and sat pretty much everywhere (field seats, first row behind the bench, new club, last row). Lots of great family memories and so thankful that I got to share so many games with my dad. 

Best game day highlight for me was two years ago on Senior Day. Was able to get four seats next to the tunnel. Sat next to the railing and talked to some of the players as they were lined up. Best part was right before halftime when Doer kicked a 40+ yard field goal and I caught it leaning over the railing! I was on national tv holding up the ball. I have better hands than Chris Tyree catching kicks!! 

Do you get to keep the ball? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, my name is Dave. I have been on DD since 2006, mostly as a lurker at first, I've tried to be more active. I've found this to be one of the best places for all things ND football, without having a bunch of trolls. Grew up on ND football, my father worked in Indiana before I was born and he moved out west. Originally from Cali, now in south Arkansas, but commute to Texas for work. Played some semi-pro football when I was younger, I coach the defense for my sons team now and plan on moving up with him as he gets older as I'm able. Sports junkie all the way around. Optician by trade, I manage a busy optometrist practice. Have yet to actually attend a Notre Dame game, but hoping to check that off the list in the next few years.

• Heart 1
  • Trophy 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, reneg said:

Hello, my name is Dave. I have been on DD since 2006, mostly as a lurker at first, I've tried to be more active. I've found this to be one of the best places for all things ND football, without having a bunch of trolls. Grew up on ND football, my father worked in Indiana before I was born and he moved out west. Originally from Cali, now in south Arkansas, but commute to Texas for work. Played some semi-pro football when I was younger, I coach the defense for my sons team now and plan on moving up with him as he gets older as I'm able. Sports junkie all the way around. Optician by trade, I manage a busy optometrist practice. Have yet to actually attend a Notre Dame game, but hoping to check that off the list in the next few years.

Thanks for the intro, @reneg! Hoping you can check off going to see a Notre Dame *win* in person sooner than later!

Thanks for adding to the conversation!

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Synoptico said:

Anyone know what happened to @da coach @irishziggy or any of the posters who were around in the early 2010's?

@irishziggy last visited in February 2021, before we went through revamp / ownership change. @da coach, not since 2016 unfortunately. Hopefully they're subscribed to alerts so they get notified. I do know Direct Messages give email alerts as well if you want to try and reach out.

Thanks for tagging some long time members. I tried a few newsletters last year, too, to try and make members aware of the changes.

Thank you! Hoping they peek in and like what they see.

• 2 weeks later...

@SynopticoI usually check in once in awhile, but life has been crazy busy and I don't really follow recruiting as much.  Still never miss an ND game, but getting to South Bend for a game and following the ins/outs of recruiting has been a lot tougher over the years with our busy schedules.  I tried logging in during the early signing period, but I couldn't figure out which email I used then I realized it was my old AOL account lol.  

How's everything going?  I'm still married, father of 4 now, and still coach HS football.  I've since added Middle School wrestling and College softball to my list of sports I coach.  My son is a sophomore, two year starter at FB/LB for our HS team.  The Tailback that started ahead of him just committed to Division II Kutztown University, so he should be the main back this year.  My son's passion is wrestling though.  He hopes to earn a scholarship in wrestling.  He's 63-5 in two years so far.  During Covid last year, we moved with my uncle and he placed 3rd in GHSA 7A States.  We've since moved back to NJ, and he's the #1 seed in Districts as individual postseason starts on Saturday.  My oldest daughter is a frosh, she started Varsity in Field hockey and is hoping to start softball as well.  I have two little ones 5 and 7 who are just getting into sports.  They're all Notre Dame fans like their dad.  

I've spent many hours on this site, and other ND sites and it's where my love for Notre Dame football grew to almost an obsession lol.  We had some great times following NSDs and Bowl games.  The conversation and debates were always great.  I'll def check in again soon.  

GO IRISH!!

Anyone who wants to follow me or my kids on Twitter.  I hope to check in a little bit more.  It's always great visiting the site!!
Twitter.com/czearfoss
Twitter.com/ZearfossJake
Twitter.com/RylieZearfoss

• Heart 2
  • Trophy 1
  • Cheers 1

• 6 months later...

Welcome to all the new members! Unfortunately, tonight didn't fall the way we all wanted it to, but it's nice to see all the new registrations, and many participating in threads already.

Welcome to the board, and feel free to introduce yourself, here.

• Flames 1
  • Cheers 1