Student to Walk out of Pence Commencement

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact you are offended at me calling out this incredible act of disrespect toward the Vice President of the United States by these piece of **** students tells me all I need to know about you.Spoiled, rich, self-righteous snowflakes. No wonder the football team is so soft.

I don't care or need any sympathy from you nor asked for any. What I say about the university and it's program is the honest truth. So truthful that it has people but hurt enough to want me banned.

If it was Obama would you still say it is an act of disrespect?

As mentioned

1. it is their right.

2. They are peaceful

3. People voiced their displeasure with tiny footprints during the Obama speech.

Acts on both sides make me proud of the University. They support the offices, but also support their students.

What he stands for? You mean being pro-life? So you are congratulating them for walking out on the vice president of the United states as he is about to speak to the class and their families.....because he has the nerve to support life, at a Catholic University?

It's nothing more than immature petulant behavior.

That is only one aspect of "what he stands for". People stand for multiple things. It is possible to agree with someone one one or a few aspects, but disagree on other aspects of, "what they stand for"

Also, in this case I read, "what he stands for" as the administration, not necessarily personal beliefs.

What he stands for? You mean being pro-life? So you are congratulating them for walking out on the vice president of the United states as he is about to speak to the class and their families.....because he has the nerve to support life, at a Catholic University?

It's nothing more than immature petulant behavior.

You're pretty funny, HJ. Really.

If you were to poll each person who was present at the ceremony (each student, faculty member, family member, invited guest, worker setting up and taking down the chairs, etc), I'm pretty sure you'd find a wide array of opinions on each and every topic discussed by Vice President Pence. All of the people who were at the ceremony have some sort of attachment to Notre Dame, the Catholic University. All these people, almost all of whom probably love ND, its mission, its vision, likely disagree on many many many topics.

Pick out one topic if you must. But that is petulant behavior.

Meh, college students are all rainbows and butterflies. Pence's values hold zero weight with the even remotely liberal, especially just graduated smarter than the whole world we know everything college kids.

And is it just Catholic universities going more secular or is it that the Church has softened their stance on a lot of social issues? I don't think the Pro-Life piece was the forefront of people's anti-Pence angst, right? It is the Indiana Religious Freedom situation that has most folks up in arms. I would think it safe to assume that most of the walkouts (especially the ones with the rainbow hats) were in response to his stance on homosexual marriage and rights.

Just more brats with mental illnesses expecting the rest of society to acclimate to them as opposed to vice versa.

In my opinion, fighting for equal treatment is different than fighting for special treatment. And groups like these only want special treatment.

Equality is a realistic and attainable end state. Preferential treatment or benefits afforded to people with personality disorders is not.

It is the Indiana Religious Freedom situation that has most folks up in arms. I would think it safe to assume that most of the walkouts (especially the ones with the rainbow hats) were in response to his stance on homosexual marriage and rights.

For this reason I myself would walk out on that chump, I have gay friends and family. The right wing snowflakes are all up in arms. It's not like these students were disruptive, rioted and blocked roadways. The sensitivity among people is really getting ridiculous. ABC cancels a TV show after 6 seasons and people whine! Christians are so persecuted! blah blah blah.

The problem is Father Jenkins who continues to steer Notre Dame away from its Catholic identity and roots into a secular Harvard of the Midwest. He has plenty of alumni upset with his course of action.

That's every Catholic university and HS in America. Catholics are much smaller in #s than 40 yrs ago, but also much more affluent. There's a few reasons for that, but first and foremost, there's no real blue collar middle class. And you see it bare out in the massive tuition costs. Most Catholic High schools cost over 10 k a year.

Just more brats with mental illnesses expecting the rest of society to acclimate to them as opposed to vice versa.

In my opinion, fighting for equal treatment is different than fighting for special treatment. And groups like these only want special treatment.

Equality is a realistic and attainable end state. Preferential treatment or benefits afforded to people with personality disorders is not.

This is probably the most hateful and ridiculous statement you have made in 3 months. Please explain to me the personality disorder that your generalization of what appears to be ALL LGBt meet criteria for? While you are doing that pay special attention to Narcissistic PD for further insight.

This is probably the most hateful and ridiculous statement you have made in 3 months. Please explain to me the personality disorder that your generalization of what appears to be ALL LGBt meet criteria for? While you are doing that pay special attention to Narcissistic PD for further insight.

Disagree all you want. Homosexuals and transgenders have a mental illness. Don't worry though---I think theyre born with it. It's not a choice and it's not a learned behavior. They're a mere fraction of the general population, despite their incessant bleating. I put it right up there with autism and BDD. It's a real thing that deserves attention---but it doesnt deserve special treatment or accommodations to those who suffer from it. Just acceptance.

It's not a popular assumption in your inner circles by far. But it makes the most sense to me.

Disagree all you want. Homosexuals and transgenders have a mental illness.

Disagree, on homosexuality. We're talking about 10% of the population, roughly the same amount of people who are left handed. Yeah, they're a minority, but they're a material minority.

IMO trans is diff't since you're physically altering your genitals. And the whole idea gender is a "social construct" is asinine. Men and women/boys and girls are different and that's ok. We need to stop trying to wipe out masculinity and femininity.

Disagree, on homosexuality. We're talking about 10% of the population, roughly the same amount of people who are left handed. Yeah, they're a minority, but they're a material minority.

IMO trans is diff't since you're physically altering your genitals. And the whole idea gender is a "social construct" is asinine. Men and women/boys and girls are different and that's ok. We need to stop trying to wipe out masculinity and femininity.

Yeah, to be fair Im on the fence on homosexuality as to whether or not it's an illness. But I feel like the social acceptance and glorification of it today compels a marginal percentage.....Not sure where you get the 10% number though...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/183383/americans-greatly-overestimate-percent-gay-lesbian.aspx

https://heatst.com/life/what-percentage-of-people-are-gay/

This gallup poll reveals 3.8% as LGBT as a whole the more recent 2nd link supports it....which means an even smaller percentage is traditionally gay. 1% of the world has autism. 2% of the world has BDD. Not seeing these figures far off from one another.

Im not religious so Ill spare you the grand design nonsense, but when males and females are born with specific genitalia to facilitate procreation, homosexuality seems pointless and flawed. They dont serve any purpose. Humans simply don't exist for the sole purpose of fu(king each other in the ***/scissoring and dancing on glitter floats.

Bake 100 cookies and at least 4 of em are bound to turn out screwed. Luck of the draw. Those cookies dont need their own scholarships. They need acceptance from society and recognition of their flawed design....

Edited by echo88

Disagree all you want. Homosexuals and transgenders have a mental illness. Don't worry though---I think theyre born with it. It's not a choice and it's not a learned behavior. They're a mere fraction of the general population, despite their incessant bleating. I put it right up there with autism and BDD. It's a real thing that deserves attention---but it doesnt deserve special treatment or accommodations to those who suffer from it. Just acceptance.

It's not a popular assumption in your inner circles by far. But it makes the most sense to me.

Well they don't, at least by scientific standards. You can have a opinion, pretty asinine at that, but it's not fact. What do you mean by BDD?

Yeah, to be fair Im on the fence on homosexuality as to whether or not it's an illness. But I feel like the social acceptance and glorification of it today compels a marginal percentage.....Not sure where you get the 10% number though...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/183383/americans-greatly-overestimate-percent-gay-lesbian.aspx

https://heatst.com/life/what-percentage-of-people-are-gay/

My only footnote to this would be to wonder what the percentage of homosexuals are in a learned behavior situation vs. born that way. Just an observation that it seems like a lot of the people who are or were in that lifestyle frequently report some sexual abuse precluding the participation. May be they already had the seeds and the abusive event brought it to fruition, I don't know.

Well they don't, at least by scientific standards. You can have a opinion, pretty asinine at that, but it's not fact. What do you mean by BDD?

And that's your opinion...also supported by no concrete scientific proof.

Typical liberal stance: "your unsubstantiated opinion is stupid but my unsubstantiated opinion is with merit."

I didn't claim my opinion was a fact. BDD is body dysmorphic disorder---common mental illness.

Edited by echo88

Typical liberal stance: "your unsubstantiated opinion is stupid but my unsubstantiated opinion is with merit."

I didn't claim my opinion was a fact. BDD is body dysmorphic disorder---common mental illness.

Disagree all you want. Homosexuals and transgenders have a mental illness.

... seems like you are putting it out there as facts that can't be disagreed with

No its not, there is no disorder for being LGBT in the dsm. We went through this before. And Body dysmorphic disorder is not widely considered an organic disorder like autism or ADHD.

... seems like you are putting it out there as facts that can't be disagreed with

Sorry I thought it was obvious that those were my opinions....as they cannot be substantiated.

As for BDD...

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/body-dysmorphic-disorder/home/ovc-20200935

I suppose now it will be argued that a mental illness isn't the same as a mental disorder.

Edited by echo88