Student to Walk out of Pence Commencement

No its not, there is no disorder for being LGBT in the dsm. We went through this before. And Body dysmorphic disorder is not widely considered an organic disorder like autism or ADHD.

Ahhh "organic disorder". Right next to the cage free melons at Trader Joe's. Spice it up however you want. If you look in the mirror at 80 lbs and think you need to purge, your illness is mental. Just like someone who was born with a wang and think they need a tang.

The LGBT community doesn't classify anything as a disorder...or mental illness...or state that warrants anything short of special treatment, exclusive clubs, preferential status, or the back-bending inconvenience of the rest of society to accommodate the marginal few.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh "organic disorder". Right next to the cage free melons at Trader Joe's. Spice it up however you want. If you look in the mirror at 80 lbs and think you need to purge, your illness is mental. Just like someone who was born with a wang and think they need a tang.

The LGBT community doesn't classify anything as a disorder...or mental illness...or state that warrants anything short of special treatment, exclusive clubs, preferential status, or the back-bending inconvenience of the rest of society to accommodate the marginal few.

You misunderstood me, BDD is a legit psychiatric disorder, however it is not widely considered organic. You had argued that being gay was a disorder that people were born with (organic) like Autism and BDD. Not saying it's not possible to be born with BDD, that I don't know. But it is typically Dx later in life unlike autism which one does not develop over time. BDD can also be cured.Bulimia or binge eating (sx include purging) are also separate from BDD, one could have both but they are not mutual exclusive. They can also be cured.

Nonetheless, there is still no dsm dx for being gay, generic or environmental. Just does not exist. But if you want to continue to bury yourself in bigotry continue. At least you are not covert about your thoughts and beliefs.

Edited by Jim2Dokes

You misunderstood me, BDD is a legit psychiatric disorder, however it is not widely considered organic. You had argued that being gay was a disorder that people were born with (organic) like Autism and BDD. Not saying it's not possible to be born with BDD, that I don't know. But it is typically Dx later in life unlike autism which one does not develop over time. BDD can also be cured.Bulimia or binge eating (sx include purging) are also separate from BDD, one could have both but they are not mutual exclusive. They can also be cured.

Nonetheless, there is still no dsm dx for being gay, generic or environmental. Just does not exist. But if you want to continue to bury yourself in bigotry continue. At least you are not covert about your thoughts and beliefs.

I said it was my OPINION that the woes of the LGBT community were due to mental illness. Why is that so hard to understand? There isn't science behind either train of thought. You act like because there is not science to back my opinion that it makes yours a fact.

Call me whatever you want. I follow and believe what makes sense....to me...and the constant finger pointing and derogating from people on your side of the fence does absolutely nothing to sway my opinion.

Disagree all you want. Homosexuals and transgenders have a mental illness. Don't worry though---I think theyre born with it. It's not a choice and it's not a learned behavior. They're a mere fraction of the general population, despite their incessant bleating. I put it right up there with autism and BDD. It's a real thing that deserves attention---but it doesnt deserve special treatment or accommodations to those who suffer from it. Just acceptance.

It's not a popular assumption in your inner circles by far. But it makes the most sense to me.

Imo/experience the majority of the LGBT community just wants acceptance and to be treated equal but everyday politicians try to push their anti gay marriage views into legislation.

Imo/experience the majority of the LGBT community just wants acceptance and to be treated equal but everyday politicians try to push their anti gay marriage views into legislation.

They get to marry. They get to have kids together. They enjoy all of the same luxuries as their hetero counterparts, yet it's never enough.

They don't need their own scholarships, parades, their own bathrooms, pronouns, their own hate crime laws, lawsuits against businesses, etc.

Intolerance is everywhere, whether we want to accept it or not. I can accept that there are several neighborhoods where, as a white male, I might be discriminated against or assaulted for no reason other than my ethnicity. The simple answer is to just avoid those places. I don't need to thrust who I am upon those who dislike me solely for the thrill of pursuing legal action in a court system too flawed or slanted to impose true justice.

As a straight male, if I wanted to host a parade in downtown Chicago that had floats with girls in bikinis/lingerie mimicking foreplay, I'd be immediately denied a permit. Yet this flies for LBGT out of fear of being labeled a homophobe.

Jobs, cakes, weddings, college acceptance....give it to them or they will either shut you down or send you to jail. Or both. It's the privilege that comes with LBGT that breeds animosity and/or intolerance.

Walk out if you want.

Stay if you want.

Free country.

And from what I have read noticed is Echo88 (and others) have helped fight to keep it that way.

:angel::rockon:

I Don't think that my two would walk out on a speech from our VP without even hearing it.

They do have rights but they also have obligations to their school and their parents as well as the speaker. They surely wouldn't walkout just because other did.

I Don't think that my two would walk out on a speech from our VP without even hearing it.

They do have rights but they also have obligations to their school and their parents as well as the speaker. They surely wouldn't walkout just because other did.

In all honestly, Notre Dame could have found someone a little less middle of the road that people don't have like a "walk-out" stance on.

While I agree it is good to keep an open mind on subjects, and walking out kinda defeats that purpose, I have to disagree that they have some sort of obligation. With that said, doesn't mean either of us are right or wrong.

I'm not here to share my political stances and respect all of yours as well as your choices to vote for, stand up for and walk out for your beliefs.

This is America. And I will say that Pence praising those for exercising their peaceful protest rights was a great approach by him.

In all honestly, Notre Dame could have found someone a little less middle of the road that people don't have like a "walk-out" stance on.

While I agree it is good to keep an open mind on subjects, and walking out kinda defeats that purpose, I have to disagree that they have some sort of obligation. With that said, doesn't mean either of us are right or wrong.

I'm not here to share my political stances and respect all of yours as well as your choices to vote for, stand up for and walk out for your beliefs.

This is America. And I will say that Pence praising those for exercising their peaceful protest rights was a great approach by him.

Something that I was thinking about earlier is if Trump is removed or decides to step down, Pence could be the President for the next eleven years.

Something that I was thinking about earlier is if Trump is removed or decides to step down, Pence could be the President for the next eleven years.

Incorrect, If Trump was removed or stepped down in the first two years of his term, the remaining years would count as Pence's first term. If it happened after the halfway point, the years wouldn't count and Pence could run 2 more times.

One of my friends, a voting Republican, graduated with the class in a graduate program. He said the speech was a rudderless campaign ad for Trump that was far too long and lacked a semblance of cohesion.

We also sat together for graduation in 2009 with Obamas speech and while we both disagreed with Obama getting an honorary degree from a catholic school given his pro choice stance, it was a good speech as Obama is a gifted orator. Also, non student pro life protestors were arrested in the ceremony for standing and shouting, these people marred a great event and day of celebration with selfish acts (though it didn't bother me all that much tbh I just ignored them).

My takeaway from both ceremonies is a sense of pride. There were respectful acts of protests from students and I love that ND teaches students to stand in what they believe, from both sides of the political spectrum.

One of my friends, a voting Republican, graduated with the class in a graduate program. He said the speech was a rudderless campaign ad for Trump that was far too long and lacked a semblance of cohesion.

We also sat together for graduation in 2009 with Obamas speech and while we both disagreed with Obama getting an honorary degree from a catholic school given his pro choice stance, it was a good speech as Obama is a gifted orator. Also, non student pro life protestors were arrested in the ceremony for standing and shouting, these people marred a great event and day of celebration with selfish acts (though it didn't bother me all that much tbh I just ignored them).

My takeaway from both ceremonies is a sense of pride. There were respectful acts of protests from students and I love that ND teaches students to stand in what they believe, from both sides of the political spectrum.

Thanks for sharing this. Very solid, objective, non-partisan feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
Yet, they still are told they have a mental illness by people like you.

That is quite obvious. If you disagree, perhaps you can ask a real scientist like Degrasse-Tyson. No one yields joy from the overwhelming consensus that they suffer from a mental/physiological abnormality, but pandering to the problem (and honoring/transcending specific rights that supercede EVERYONE's existing rights) only creates more issues to solve.

If more rich dipsh|ts suffered from schizophrenia as opposed to simply believing their weiners belong in another guy's a$$, despite biological evidence to the contrary, sooner or later we'd be encouraged to admonish that psychological shortcoming as well and accommodate more lunacy.

The truth of the matter is that no one cares if you're different, save for a small minority of the intolerant. It's when you start demanding special treatment, benefits, laws, etc that you fuel/create the intolerance that you're so determined to transcend. And it's counter-productive to everything you're fighting against.

Do what you want and be who you are....I'll be the 1st to chastise anyone who discriminates against you for it in the societal realm. Just dont expect laws and social tendencies to accommodate your short straw in life. That's a very dangerous precedent to set. They are the very small minority who is different---not us. We've gone from fighting intolerant behavior with education to threatening ignorance with legal and financial penalties.

As with ethnic minorities who immigrate into the U.S., they are expected to acclimate to their surroundings---not the other way around. We arent changing because you are different.

Edited by echo88

That is quite obvious. If you disagree, perhaps you can ask a real scientist like Degrasse-Tyson. No one yields joy from the overwhelming consensus that they suffer from a mental/physiological abnormality, but pandering to the problem (and honoring/transcending specific rights that supercede EVERYONE's existing rights) only creates more issues to solve.

If more rich dipsh|ts suffered from schizophrenia as opposed to simply believing their weiners belong in another guy's a$$, despite biological evidence to the contrary, sooner or later we'd be encouraged to admonish that psychological shortcoming as well and accommodate more lunacy.

The truth of the matter is that no one cares if you're different, save for a small minority of the intolerant. It's when you start demanding special treatment, benefits, laws, etc that you fuel/create the intolerance that you're so determined to transcend. And it's counter-productive to everything you're fighting against.

Do what you want and be who you are....I'll be the 1st to chastise anyone who discriminates against you for it in the societal realm. Just dont expect laws and social tendencies to accommodate your short straw in life. That's a very dangerous precedent to set. They are the very small minority who is different---not us. We've gone from fighting intolerant behavior with education to threatening ignorance with legal and financial penalties.

As with ethnic minorities who immigrate into the U.S., they are expected to acclimate to their surroundings---not the other way around. We arent changing because you are different.

Yeah, because an actually scientist of psychology is going to refer to an astrophysicist for their scientific prospective. Please, your argument is garbage and has led to many of the gay community to be persecuted. You may use a better approach, that sounds cleaner, but no different than the people that threw people into psych wards. Do not forget some states still believe conversion therapy is a thing. And judging by you terms of "suffered from schizophrenia as opposed to simply believing their weiners belong in another guy's a$$". You are just like them. Essentially saying they are delusional. It is hateful, straight up saying they belong in a psych ward like someone who had not taken medication for schizophrenia. Horrible, you should be ashamed of yourself.

But maybe you can view his views on black lives matter, since you are so opposed to any life matters http://addictinginfo.com/2016/07/13/neil-degrasse-tyson-perfectly-explains-why-black-lives-matter-exists/

I mean if he is right about gays, he has to right on this right? One day you are just going to have to accept your ignorance and stop trying to argue with me. Go to breitbart and be right every time with your people.

Don't pick and choose.

Let me know when you can bill insurance with an evidence based practice or medication that treats being you for being gay, otherwise stick to your field.

Edited by Jim2Dokes

Yeah, because an actually scientist of psychology is going to refer to an astrophysicist for their scientific prospective. Please, your argument is garbage and has led to many of the gay community to be persecuted. You may use a better approach, that sounds cleaner, but no different than the people that threw people into psych wards. Do not forget some states still believe conversion therapy is a thing. And judging by you terms of "suffered from schizophrenia as opposed to simply believing their weiners belong in another guy's a$$". You are just like them. Essentially saying they are delusional. It is hateful, straight up saying they belong in a psych ward like someone who had not taken medication for schizophrenia. Horrible, you should be ashamed of yourself.

But maybe you can view his views on black lives matter, since you are so opposed to any life matters http://addictinginfo.com/2016/07/13/neil-degrasse-tyson-perfectly-explains-why-black-lives-matter-exists/

I mean if he is right about gays he has to right on this right?

Don't pick and choose.

Haha Im ok with tolerating them while being accused of "intolerance" because I wont offer or support special treatment. You live your life. Ill live mine. When this country collapses upon itself under the weight of compensation and political correctness, similar to the demise of the Roman Empire, I suppose all of you ladies crying for equal rights will understand what it's like to truly to oppressed.

We wont be around to protect you forever. And I cant wait, because those of us who see this coming are ready. You arent.

Haha Im ok with tolerating them while being accused of "intolerance" because I wont offer or support special treatment. You live your life. Ill live mine. When this country collapses upon itself under the weight of compensation and political correctness, similar to the demise of the Roman Empire, I suppose all of you ladies crying for equal rights will understand what it's like to truly to oppressed.

We wont be around to protect you forever. And I cant wait, because those of us who see this coming are ready. You arent.

Oh you have to "tolerate" them. And "ladies" protective what? who are you? Who's we that are protecting me? Is this just yeah your right but I am just going to spout a bunch of sexist homophobic **** rant? Oh, and I served so I equals everyone in the military? Haha

Please tell me next you in a white nationalist group, just come out with it already.

Edited by Jim2Dokes