2017 Lacrosse

ND ends up getting a 4 seed and will host marquette on Sunday at noon. IF they win that, they'll get denver...The selection committee pretty much sucked it up and put most of the power teams in the top half of the bracket. maryland, unc, and albany are all above them.

Hopefully Perk and Garnsey are good to go. IF they are, they should move on to the second round, where they will still be underdogs. If they aren't the game vs. marquette will be 50/50 at best.

Those injuries really hurt this year

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those injuries really hurt this year

Definitely bad timing with them. You just can't have your two best playmakers out and expect to be the same. Hopefully the two weeks off gave them some time to heal and they are ready for the tourney. Playing them to try and win the ACC tourney, which really meant nothing, definitely set them back. Really poor decision making by the coaching staff.

Nice rebound vs Marquette today in first round of tourney. Team looked solid, but a very good Denver team is looming next week in the quarterfinals to be played at Hofstra on Long Island. Denver beat ND earlier this year by a goal. Here's hoping Denver has a little bit of jet lag.

The good:

ND won 15-9

Gleason looked awesome. This guy really sacrifices his body to score. He's fearless.

Collins looked confident. MUCH deserved to be in the first line. Good shooter, with decent dodge potential.

Defense: Really just took marquette out of their game. The refs did everything they could to help marquette's offense but ND's D really wasn't phased.

Garnsey looks like he might be on the road to recovery as he had moments of being involved and helping them generate movement and points.

The bad:

Face-offs..Trav was 6/14 and Finley 3/14...Horrible!

Turnovers...Just too many...especially in transition after looong defensive battles

Perk....Still hurt and didn't help their O. Hopefully another week off helps him!

Irish take on denver tomorrow for an opportunity to get to the final four. They are a 1 goal underdog. They are facing the best face-off guy in the business so this is going to be a VERY tough win to come by. They need to start Trav at face, who I believe creates more chances to get possession.

I think they should play hard, aggressive, D right from the face to force denver's offense out of their normal stalling game. Push the tempo and light them up! LET'S GO!

Irish take on denver tomorrow for an opportunity to get to the final four. They are a 1 goal underdog. They are facing the best face-off guy in the business so this is going to be a VERY tough win to come by. They need to start Trav at face, who I believe creates more chances to get possession.

I think they should play hard, aggressive, D right from the face to force denver's offense out of their normal stalling game. Push the tempo and light them up! LET'S GO!

Agree! They gotta push the tempo and take chances. But they certainly can win this against what I think is the team that might be the best in the field

That was embarrassing. TBH, Corrigan strikes me as a Dusty Baker type coach, solid steady success, but will never get over the hump to win a title. I think next year, they'll be a better overall team, but I can't buy in on them winning a title.

Just got a chance to watch the game...wow, that was just an embarrasment.

2-23 on face-offs is just absolutely a joke. I love the game, but no one player should be able to dictate the game like the face-off x. Obviously ND didn't play well today, but that literally gives them no chance at all.

Ya, I don't think Corrigan ever leads this team to a title. I think he'll keep them on the radar, but never get them over the hump.

Really frustrating way to end the season.

Just got a chance to watch the game...wow, that was just an embarrasment.

2-23 on face-offs is just absolutely a joke. I love the game, but no one player should be able to dictate the game like the face-off x. Obviously ND didn't play well today, but that literally gives them no chance at all.

Ya, I don't think Corrigan ever leads this team to a title. I think he'll keep them on the radar, but never get them over the hump.

Really frustrating way to end the season.

I stopped watching after it was 6-1, but the announcer said it was a matter of when, not if this program would win a title. Corrigan deserves credit for building up the program, but now it's time to hand it off to someone who can take them to that next level.

I stopped watching after it was 6-1, but the announcer said it was a matter of when, not if this program would win a title. Corrigan deserves credit for building up the program, but now it's time to hand it off to someone who can take them to that next level.

Totally agreed. Next year will be 30 years for him. 30 years....He deserves credit, but I am really hoping that next year is his last.

Totally agreed. Next year will be 30 years for him. 30 years....He deserves credit, but I am really hoping that next year is his last.

ND will always have a solid LAX program, bc it's a sport for affluent kids mainly living in the Neast ,Mid Atlantic, and growing into parts of the midwest, which is a good portion of the ND student body.

• 2 weeks later...

Year ends with maryland beating osu 9-6 for their first championship since 1975. If you want to take a positive out of it, ND beat both of the teams this year. IMO, osu was lucky to get there, as they got a pretty good draw in the tourney. Maryland was definitely the overall best team this year and deserving of a ring.

• 5 weeks later...