2017 Lacrosse

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ND 16

georgetown 10

Garnsey is elite! Fantastic game. He's got to keep his head and stay healthy!

Costable really impressed me. Looks like he can fill a link with the middies.

I was worried that Byrne would be another Corrigan, and slightly hinder their offense, but he looks okay...

Nice offensive game with minimal turnovers, decent, quick ball movement, especially considering it was their first true game. Overall, I thought the offense looked good.

The D looked a step slow to me and that is quite concerning. georgetown is not a good offensive team and they were winning their one on one match-ups quite frequently. Throw that in with a TERRIBLE performance by Doss and I am worried that they are going to give up a ton of goals this year.

Notre Dame takes on a surprising 4-0 michigan team today at 2:00 on Watchespn.

If ND is a true contender, they should still send this team home packing relatively easily. Anxious to see what changes, if any, the D makes, and how Doss comes back after such a poor game. GO IRISH!

Good victory for the Irish as the pretty much dominated michigan 16-5. michigan's goalie had a pretty good day or it wouldn't have even been that close.

ND showed they definitely have some playmakers on offense. The worst performance on O was actually Perk, who shot like 1 out of 15. So that's saying something. IF, a giant IF, they can get 50% of the face-offs, this team will score.

Doss made some relatively easy saves but definitely still needs to step his game up. The D showed great stick skills and caused a lot of turnovers.

ND's schedule turns into death row now. Next week they face #1 maryland at home, and then they travel to, tied for #1, Denver following that.

Another big game as they have to go to #4 Denver. This is going to be really hard to come away with a W. First, Denver has the best face-off guy in the business. Second, Denver is coming off a tough loss to unc so it's hard seeing them lose 2 in a row at home.

Face-off is at 3:00 but unfortunately it's not on anywhere.

Another, late game loss. Defense sucked and penalties killed. With, this defense ND will not be wining a championship.

Did you pay to watch the game? I didn't but I followed some on gametracker.

Denver got 19 out of 24 faceoffs. That is absolutely ridiculous. You're asking

A LOT from your D when that happens......denver also got the ball with 2:51 seconds left on the clock and the refs didn't put the timer on until 31 seconds left. That's a joke.

Did you pay to watch the game? I didn't but I followed some on gametracker.

Denver got 19 out of 24 faceoffs. That is absolutely ridiculous. You're asking

A LOT from your D when that happens......denver also got the ball with 2:51 seconds left on the clock and the refs didn't put the timer on until 31 seconds left. That's a joke.

It's, why Lax is hard to watch at times. They, need to switch the rules and have a 30 second clock. Also, not sure how corrigan can't recruit a big time face off guy. We've, always had ****** averages on the face off.

Lots of Madness on today, but set your DVR to espnu at 6:00 to catch the LAX team as they travel to virginia. This could be an interesting game. uva has brown's old coach and they are transitioning to a fast paced, high scoring team. uva has scored A LOT of goals this year....but they have also given up a lot of goals too. ND needs to fight at X. They need at least 40%! Should be an entertaining game.

Pretty, exciting game except just terrible offense at times. Doss was amazing, and the D was pathetic. Faceoffs well we know how that went.

Definitely an exciting game as ND wins 11-10 in OT.

Things that stuck out to me in this game:

GOOD!

1. Doss...Lights out. Best game by far. The guy was a brick wall and definitely the difference between a win and a loss.

2. Perk finally breaks through with some good, hard shots. Granted, it was against an average D, with a freshman goalie, but hopefully this jump starts him!

BAD!

1. Face-offs. Finley IS NOT the answer. ND needs to try someone/something else. If no one can do it, put a long stick out there. They will never be a true contender at the rate they are winning the face.

2. Offensive production....IMO, ND needs to generate their offense from behind the cage more. Their offense needs to go through Garnsey...Period. He either beats his man and gets a good look, or draws the double and finds the open middie up top, or Wynne on the back end...It really is that simple.

Definitely an exciting game as ND wins 11-10 in OT.

Things that stuck out to me in this game:

GOOD!

1. Doss...Lights out. Best game by far. The guy was a brick wall and definitely the difference between a win and a loss.

2. Perk finally breaks through with some good, hard shots. Granted, it was against an average D, with a freshman goalie, but hopefully this jump starts him!

BAD!

1. Face-offs. Finley IS NOT the answer. ND needs to try someone/something else. If no one can do it, put a long stick out there. They will never be a true contender at the rate they are winning the face.

2. Offensive production....IMO, ND needs to generate their offense from behind the cage more. Their offense needs to go through Garnsey...Period. He either beats his man and gets a good look, or draws the double and finds the open middie up top, or Wynne on the back end...It really is that simple.

I, wish they would have a offense like Virginia. Just, go fast and run an gun. I hate how long we hold the ball, and usually get 1 shot on net b4 losing the ball. But, face offs are the main reason we haven't won a NC yet.

Stayed put at #2 this week.

They host undefeated, and #4 ohio state this week, who literally just dismantled former #1 denver 16-7 on Sunday. osu hasn't beaten ND forever, and they have an elite face-off guy so this is going to be a really hard game.