2017 Lacrosse

ND pretty much dominated and still haven't lost in 13 years.

Just coming on here to post that. They totally handled osu, beating them 12-7. The score doesn't really show the level of play. Corrigan basically gave them 2 goals at the end of the half, by not holding last shot, and osu got a couple of lucky breaks that gave them a couple goals. Notre Dame's D really dominated them in all settled situations.

The biggest part of the game for me was face-offs. The osu guy has been one of the best. Finley continued to suck it up and went 2/11 but Travisano went 5/10. IF they play Trav, and he steps it up, this team can win it all!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just coming on here to post that. They totally handled osu, beating them 12-7. The score doesn't really show the level of play. Corrigan basically gave them 2 goals at the end of the half, by not holding last shot, and osu got a couple of lucky breaks that gave them a couple goals. Notre Dame's D really dominated them in all settled situations.

The biggest part of the game for me was face-offs. The osu guy has been one of the best. Finley continued to suck it up and went 2/11 but Travisano went 5/10. IF they play Trav, and he steps it up, this team can win it all!

What's, the point of post long sentences? No, one comments anymore in the LAX thread.

What's, the point of post long sentences? No, one comments anymore in the LAX thread.

Don't quite understand you....Why not make one of the following comments...

-Good to see Perk doing the little things to make himself and the team better.....he's dishing, he's driving, he's shooting off-hand, he's dodging better, and finally stepping up....

Amazing job by the defense sliding, and recovering from their slides...

Doss is finally seeing the ball well and making good stops

Good to see the offense go through Garnsey more...who by the way, is totally elite, and can shoot from any angle....impressive....

You say, why the longs posts...no one posts here anymore...You do...instead of being a douche, add a thoughtful comment.

Don't quite understand you....Why not make one of the following comments...

-Good to see Perk doing the little things to make himself and the team better.....he's dishing, he's driving, he's shooting off-hand, he's dodging better, and finally stepping up....

Amazing job by the defense sliding, and recovering from their slides...

Doss is finally seeing the ball well and making good stops

Good to see the offense go through Garnsey more...who by the way, is totally elite, and can shoot from any angle....impressive....

You say, why the longs posts...no one posts here anymore...You do...instead of being a douche, add a thoughtful comment.

Until, someone else cares about LAX on this site, maybe I'd post more.

Another tough week for the Irish as they host #4 syracuse. The game is on espnu this Saturday at noon. cuse has some impressive wins against hopkins, duke, uva, and albany. They are becoming masters of confidence in one goal games. IMO, ND is the better team, and at home though, so hopefully the Irish keep getting better and hold on to the top spot!

Just got to watch the game. First of all, credit to the cuse for playing a pretty clean game. They were quicker to the ball, and wisely held possession over and over again. It's absolutely unvelievable to me that they still don't have a shot clock in the college game.

With that being said, ND was trash in the first half. They were totally stuck in mud. There's no way cuse should get that many open looks.

Doss played pretty well.

Gleason played well. He may be their fastest player....really didn't finish a couple good looks though.

This game really surprised me. I really thought ND would come out with a W. Their D just reminded me of their first week...SLOW! Losing one on one battles and slow to slide....Blah...

Notre Dame's tough schedule continues as they travel to #10 Duke tomorrow at noon. It is on espnu.

Top to bottom, ND is probably the better team right now. Duke is young though, and seemingly getting better and better as the year goes on, which they typically do. Duke also has one of the best face-off guys in the business so it's going to be tough to come out of there with a win.

ND's D took a giant step back last week as they looked slow on their one-on-one match-ups and slow to slide. I would expect that to get corrected.

Will be intersted to see how long ND goes with Finley, and if there's any tinkering with the first and second line middies.

Another tough loss for the Irish today. Doss looked bad, and got pulled for a lot of the game. ND had chances, but as has been the case for quite a bit of the year, just couldn't finish open looks. Right now, this team just doesn't look like it has the "it"" factor. They just seem....okay....Some people always play well...like Sexton today...but they just don't really seem to have that team fire that wills them to win. Still lots of time for them to figure it out, but right now, they have a long way to go.

Tough to watch.....

The team has talent...They just have to all show up at the same time.

They host marquette tomorrow, and then they are off for a while until they play carolina. I would expect to see a little sense of urgency tomorrow!

Also, just for the record, ND is now ranked #10, but they still have the second best RPI....which holds a lot of weight come tourney time.

Edited by irishrb

Well the Irish managed to hold off marquette yesterday, 11-10. They started off on fire with an 8-2 lead and the offense looked amazing. Pretty much all down hill from there....TERRIBLE face-offs, Terrible, 50/50 balls, terrible ground balls, and terrible overall decision making. Lucky for them, Perk bullied his way through marquett's D for 6 goals, and single handily powered this team to a W.

Notre Dame is off now until next Saturday, when they face the defending champs, unc.

They really need to work on a lot of things, and in my opinion, mess with the line-ups a little to set up more depth and better decision making within the different lines.