Presidential Race

Holy crap this election cycle is a frigging train wreck! This latest video with Trump is totally shamefull, and HRC continuing issues aren't getting any better either.

Can we just scrap this whole thing and throw out some new candidates who are not so slimy and corrupt?! Good God is this the best we can find to represent our country? I'm not registered for either party so I didn't vote in the primary, but I'm glad the state of Iowa didn't pick Trump for the GOP nom. That moron needs to step down immediately.

Regardless this election is f'ed anyway you slice it. I've been saying all year if it comes down to these two knuckleheads, I'm going to write in none of the above. I can't support Hill and in no way can I support numbnuts either.

The really far out portion of my brain says that we are just another police shooting fueled national riot or terrorist attack away from Obama declaring martial law and anointing himself king, erasing these two choices altogether. And in reality half the country probably wouldn't have a problem with that.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap this election cycle is a frigging train wreck! This latest video with Trump is totally shamefull, and HRC continuing issues aren't getting any better either.

Can we just scrap this whole thing and throw out some new candidates who are not so slimy and corrupt?! Good God is this the best we can find to represent our country? I'm not registered for either party so I didn't vote in the primary, but I'm glad the state of Iowa didn't pick Trump for the GOP nom. That moron needs to step down immediately.

Regardless this election is f'ed anyway you slice it. I've been saying all year if it comes down to these two knuckleheads, I'm going to write in none of the above. I can't support Hill and in no way can I support numbnuts either.

The really far out portion of my brain says that we are just another police shooting fueled national riot or terrorist attack away from Obama declaring martial law and anointing himself king, erasing these two choices altogether. And in reality half the country probably wouldn't have a problem with that.

I was afraid to open this, especially after being fired up over the ND loss, but I agree. Walker should had run and so had Biden. That would had been two better choices in my minds. At least over these criminal nutjobs.

That's sounds more like something trump would do then obama. Whomever wins is sure to be a one termer. If I were sick or a family member were sick, I'd want the best doctor. I don't care if we share the same values or not.

It's possible either one could be a good President (There will never be another great President because our leaders won't work together) and either one could be a bad president. Donalds bad scares me much more then hillary's.

I just appreciate the way Obama's approval rating has shot up since the race has gotten into full gear. Talk about some sick nostalgia. The South Park take on the election is spot on. This is an absolute s**t show, a real and honest breakdown in the bipartisan system that is American politics. I am just happy that for once, no matter who wins we all lose. It is finally a unifying truth for Americans on both the left and right.

Good God is this the best we can find to represent our country?

i bet everyone wishes they took trump more serious in the beginning. i don't want to see either of these two in the white house, trump cant keep his mouth shut to save his life and HRC will be a lady Obama. damn you ted cruz why couldn't you beat trump, if cruz was the rep. candidate i think he would be smoking HRC right now.

UGH! well its only four years, it'll go by like that.

i bet everyone wishes they took trump more serious in the beginning. i don't want to see either of these two in the white house, trump cant keep his mouth shut to save his life and HRC will be a lady Obama. damn you ted cruz why couldn't you beat trump, if cruz was the rep. candidate i think he would be smoking HRC right now.

UGH! well its only four years, it'll go by like that.

Two words: reality TV. The current culture cares more about reality on TV than real reality. Trump is winning because he could fit right in on Jersey Shores, or Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Clinton is a Muppet, she will only do something when the hand up her butt is making her do it.

I'm voting Libertarian. Look up Gary Johnson and join me!

I like the Constitution Party. They believe in everything that keeps people from voting GOP so, not a hugely popular movement outside of (firmly) right wing conservatives. But then I live in California so I might as well fold up my ballot and keep it with my "emergency pants" just in case I need more than a sock for cleanup.

What is Aleppo?:grin:

Exactly. Johnson sucks. He'd get alot done with a rep or dem congress. He'd struggle to get a scotus candidate through before his term ends.

The biggest loser to me appears to be the republicans. Trump ain't going nowhere if he loses. He'll give speeches and right books and will do what glen beck and sarah palin couldn't, create a cable network to rival fox and divide the party imo.

Exactly. Johnson sucks. He'd get alot done with a rep or dem congress. He'd struggle to get a scotus candidate through before his term ends.

The biggest loser to me appears to be the republicans. Trump ain't going nowhere if he loses. He'll give speeches and right books and will do what glen beck and sarah palin couldn't, create a cable network to rival fox and divide the party imo.

Meh, he has shredded any possibility of a run in 2020 and Pence has emerged as a legitimate contender for the republics, once he sheds the dead weight the is Trump. The best thing the majority of the republic party has done is pretty much disavow all knowledge of Trump as a GOP candidate. He is kind of an awful force unto himself.

Meh, he has shredded any possibility of a run in 2020 and Pence has emerged as a legitimate contender for the republics, once he sheds the dead weight the is Trump. The best thing the majority of the republic party has done is pretty much disavow all knowledge of Trump as a GOP candidate. He is kind of an awful force unto himself.

That's the thing, he's gonna take half the party with him. Trump won't run but a trump wannabe will. Can pence shake the trump stink for 2020? He'll get ripped for his association.

That's the thing, he's gonna take half the party with him. Trump won't run but a trump wannabe will. Can pence shake the trump stink for 2020? He'll get ripped for his association.

I don't think it is going to be that big an issue really. He has been smart about how he associates himself with Trump, defending from a distance. He doesn't get involved with agreeing with Trump's Hitlerish behavior, but he also doesn't look like a total hanger on.

Truth be told, if Hillary does a passable job in the next four years it is a moot point and if she is as bad as it appears she is going to be Pence's former association with Trump won't be a big deal.

I don't think it is going to be that big an issue really. He has been smart about how he associates himself with Trump, defending from a distance. He doesn't get involved with agreeing with Trump's Hitlerish behavior, but he also doesn't look like a total hanger on.

Truth be told, if Hillary does a passable job in the next four years it is a moot point and if she is as bad as it appears she is going to be Pence's former association with Trump won't be a big deal.

Can't argue with a thing you said. You just dropped the mic on me.

Can't argue with a thing you said. You just dropped the mic on me.

Bah, it's all a crap shoot at this stage anyways since we all agree that the next four years are probably going to write the next 40 years of Saturday Night Live material. I think we are all just burning time at this point since no one is posting on the General forum. The fire to fire Kelly seems to have cooled substantially.

It is insane to me that a person who openly disavows evolution has to be more concerned with his association with a GOP presidential candidate. It is insane to me that this is the current state of the GOP. You're also absolutely correct, I just cannot fathom how we got to a point where being a VP nominee is more damning than denying scientific fact. America, y'all!

/cries on his ND College Republicans shirt

It is insane to me that a person who openly disavows evolution has to be more concerned with his association with a GOP presidential candidate. It is insane to me that this is the current state of the GOP. You're also absolutely correct, I just cannot fathom how we got to a point where being a VP nominee is more damning than denying scientific fact. America, y'all!

/cries on his ND College Republicans shirt

What does science have to do with politics? While the current GOP is generally a more middle leaning conservative GOP, the GOP party is generally aligned with the Judeo-Christian belief system so it stands to reason that the GOP candidate is going to tow those fundamental party lines rather than risk losing what little support the GOP has right now. In this "everything is ok" culture I am a little more surprised when people get caught up in the creation vs. evolution narrative.

At this stage it makes me a little sad when I see any intelligent American who is either surprised or disappointed by anything that happens in politics. We treat politics like a check engine light in our car. Yeah, it is bad, and we really need to get the car to the mechanic but until the car breaks down entirely we aren't willing to do anything about it.

My wife is a Canadian citizen so at this point I am thinking that if things go haywire we can always go north and make our way begging for maple syrup on the Canadian street corners.