ACC Tourney Thread

Yeah to take down tobacco road to win the ACC huge. Great game too. They showed a ton of heart.
It is an unbelievable awesome effort by this team. To beat Duke and UNC back to back in their HOME state is simply amazing. Also twice in 1 season.

Major props and congrats to Mike Brey and all the team!!! :clap:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is an unbelievable awesome effort by this team. To beat Duke and UNC back to back in their HOME state is simply amazing. Also twice in 1 season.

Think about that. They beat Duke and Carolina twice this year. They also beat Louisville on the road, beat MSU, whipped Purdue. That's trashing some big time basketball programs!

F the entire state of North Carolina (unless you have friends or family there.) The game wasn't nearly as close as the final score indicated. Every player played their asses of and it showed. As Bilas and company gargled Marcus Paige's dick late in the game I was yelling at the TV, that not only was UNC losing, but Grant was having a better game than Paige.

But none of that is important, because we are the ACC champions. Bring on Kentucky (maybe a little overconfident there lol)

The beautiful thing about this team is they play as a TEAM. Impeccable passing, discipline, and heart. There was a series in the 2nd half that there was a nasty offensive rebound and then 4 passes all around the entire 3 point line to hit a Vasturia 3. Thought that whole play typified this team.

This team will be a tough out in the tourney if they keep up this play. They need to remain focus, confident, and tough.

Go Irish!!!

Not only is ND winning against amazing competition, on away courts, in big, meaningful games - they are doing it in a way that feels like they belong. We've been here before in the big east but it's been with gimmicky offenses or only with our amazing home court advantage. This team actually passes the eye test. It's the first time in many years that im actually excited about seeing what ND does in the ncaa tourny.

I LOVED WHEN THEY STARTED DEFLECTING EVERY PASS. ZA was mike My rebound and Pat was like.

UNC you Don't want this as bad as I Do..

Let me prove to you Diving for that ball face first on the floor.

The IRISH TOOK THAT MOMENT.. EARNED IT.. FOUGHT FOR IT..

THAT'S THE FIGHTING SPIRIT.

Father Ted had their backs all the way and willed them to victory from up above. This just adds to the awesome mystique of Notre Dame.

So proud of this team and what it has accomplished and a tip of the cap to Coach Brey. His game plan against Okafor and Puke was spot on and he knows how to push this teams buttons at the right times.

Father Ted had their backs all the way and willed them to victory from up above. This just adds to the awesome mystique of Notre Dame.

So proud of this team and what it has accomplished and a tip of the cap to Coach Brey. His game plan against Okafor and Puke was spot on and he knows how to push this teams buttons at the right times.

Could not be more proud to be an Irish fan.

The end of that game was a classic example. A team can refuse to lose. It starts with a Captain like Pat and in Manti in 2012. Jerian and Theo.

Its the teams will to win. My FIGHT is stronger then yours. I don't care if I'm smaller or whatever. Only to words that come are FIGHTING SPIRIT.. Yes father Ted is loving this!!

Edited by FaithInIrishForever

The beautiful thing about this team is they play as a TEAM. Impeccable passing, discipline, and heart. There was a series in the 2nd half that there was a nasty offensive rebound and then 4 passes all around the entire 3 point line to hit a Vasturia 3. Thought that whole play typified this team.

This team will be a tough out in the tourney if they keep up this play. They need to remain focus, confident, and tough.

Go Irish!!!

Exactly. And the difference to me is they have legit stud athletes!

In years past they had 3 point shooting white guys. Yeah I said it.

And they have the 3 point shooting white guys too !!

Lmao...bigs who couldn't jump...now we got point guards who dunk 2 handed.

I really think Jackson and Auguste are the difference this year. Pat C and Jerian are obviously great college basketball players and Grant may end up being a lottery pick, but neither of them have the athleticism of Jackson or Auguste. Pat C and Abro are more similar than many notice and Grant isn't much different than Hansborough. The difference this year has been that Jackson is always the quickest man on the court, so we don't need to rely on the Seniors as much as in the past.

I still wish we had Carlton Scott though...

How many teams can say that in history? My guess would be not many...

Really glad to see them doing well. Now if only my other team would do well.

I think ND will be a 3 seed, which is fine. They are going into the tournament hot, cant ask for much more. I pray someone beats Kentucky, because you know no one in the SEC will even come close. I cannot believe LSU may get in and not Indiana. The SEC is a joke conference.

I really think Jackson and Auguste are the difference this year. Pat C and Jerian are obviously great college basketball players and Grant may end up being a lottery pick, but neither of them have the athleticism of Jackson or Auguste. Pat C and Abro are more similar than many notice and Grant isn't much different than Hansborough. The difference this year has been that Jackson is always the quickest man on the court, so we don't need to rely on the Seniors as much as in the past.

I still wish we had Carlton Scott though...

I would disagree with this slightly. Grant is way more athletic than Hansbrough IMO and has much better height. His defense is also light years ahead of Hasbrough because of his length and athleticism. Hansbrough was a great college player, but Grant has the chance to be both a great college player and a great NBA player.