• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, Pat C is Manti

Grant is Theo Riddick

Point Guard is Golson

the guys who dial long shots are Eifert

I know I'm weird but I have thought about this

Jackson is much better than Golson from 2012 tho. Just my opinion. What a great game though. This team can compete with anyone.

Along with some athleticism and good shooting, this team has a major factor that is enabling them to pull out all of these close games.....Leadership.... Grant has it and it is noticeable. He's got the fire in his eyes and is pulling this team along to have the will and desire for Victory. It's definitely fun to watch and hopefully continues into March Madness!

kids were driving me nuts.........running in and out of the house because they were too nervous..........what a game........

I felt the same way - I was a wreck pacing back and forth. Big win!

Don't get jiggy Irish - keep the momentum.

I honestly thought they were toast when got Duke got up by 10 in the 2nd half. Right before commercial, Vitale reminded everyone how this team has come back a lot from double digit deficits. Prophet V spoke again! Love this team. Connaughton is a flat out hass. Passing was sensational and love the cutting plays to Auguste down low.

Last night was big time boys. Go Irish!!

The shot Grant made as the shot clock was running out and he was being stripped was epic! I don't remember who it was.... but the missed break away lay up with the foul and missed two free throws made my me almost shart. Duke remained just 3 points back after that with over a minute left. I was on my knees and yelling at the tv. Great victory!

The shot Grant made as the shot clock was running out and he was being stripped was epic! I don't remember who it was.... but the missed break away lay up with the foul and missed two free throws made my me almost shart. Duke remained just 3 points back after that with over a minute left. I was on my knees and yelling at the tv. Great victory!

Beachem. Young kid + 45% FT shooter + pressure situation = NOT GOOD!!

Would have been much better if he finshed the play and made the layup.

As bad as Vastoria is and gets on my nerves, his 3 with the clock running down at the end was clutch and put the nail in the coffin.

Beachem. Young kid + 45% FT shooter + pressure situation = NOT GOOD!!

Would have been much better if he finshed the play and made the layup.

As bad as Vastoria is and gets on my nerves, his 3 with the clock running down at the end was clutch and put the nail in the coffin.

His only points of the game too. Fortuitous

Vastoria is a good solid player. He plays great defense and is a pretty good shooter. Just a Soph, too

Just had to step in there, sorry.

I'm not a big fan of Vastoria either. He's decent on D but definitely not a shut down defender. He's had times where he's okay hitting threes on O, but he does not move without the ball well at all. Beachem needs more time. Also, the way Colson has played lately, I wouldn't mind seeing Auguste, Colson, Grant, Con, and Jackson on the court sometimes either.

Without Vasturia, ND probably would have lost two out of the last three games. He's had key plays in each one. Plays that put ND over the top. From a key defensive stop and rebound, to a huge running hook shot against a bigger defender, to a quick layup off the glass resulting in a goaltending call and two points for ND, to a huge baseline three-pointer against Duke, all but sealing the game. Without Vasturia contributing those key plays, ND likely loses a couple of them. He's a key contributor for ND and his contributions clearly outweigh his downside.

Without Vasturia, ND probably would have lost two out of the last three games. He's had key plays in each one. Plays that put ND over the top. From a key defensive stop and rebound, to a huge running hook shot against a bigger defender, to a quick layup off the glass resulting in a goaltending call and two points for ND, to a huge baseline three-pointer against Duke, all but sealing the game. Without Vasturia contributing those key plays, ND likely loses a couple of them. He's a key contributor for ND and his contributions clearly outweigh his downside.

Yes, but who's to say that whoever was in for him, wouldn't have done more than what he did? Vasturia is okay, and deserves some time on the court, but right now, I would have Beach in more and would try Colson with Auguste and see how that would work.

Okay. I agree with everything you said, BUT just because the one 3 pointer he made sealed a game doesn't make you a better/great player. Maybe if he didn't play as much during the game ND doesn't need that 3 pointer to seal the game and they win comfortably by 10 points.

Is Koyack an all-american because he caught the 4th down game winner against Stanford?

Okay. I agree with everything you said, BUT just because the one 3 pointer he made sealed a game doesn't make you a better/great player. Maybe if he didn't play as much during the game ND doesn't need that 3 pointer to seal the game and they win comfortably by 10 points.

Is Koyack an all-american because he caught the 4th down game winner against Stanford?

If Koyack had caught huge game-clinching catches in numerous games and then made some other game-altering play--multiple times, yeah. Go and watch all the games Vasturia has played in and then get back to me. It's obvious that there's some cherry-picking going on here. Vasturia's whole year has warranted his playing time. It's hilarious that some think they know more about this than Mike Brey who sits down and watches the gametape and evaluates each player. (I know, a message board staple) Vasturia has had some crucial plays where it's sparked an ND comeback and or won the game. Say what you want about unproven hypotheticals but Vasturia has earned and proven his salt.