Hobbies?

After getting to know some of the members here better during game day chat and the davislove thread, I wanted to see what some of you did for hobbies. I am really into hunting, fishing and firearms in general. I like to hunt deer and coyotes the most, I either make jerky or sausage out of the deer meat. This weekend will be my first weekend hunting deer this year as I have had to get a bunch of work done around the house and haven't been able to get out hunting much. Below is a picture of yours truly with my biggest buck ever. Notice the lucky ND sweatshirt that was worn during the hunt. For the ladys of this site and VC, I am already taken, lol.

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af36/nickman54/Buck_zps6c756e61.jpg' alt='Buck_zps6c756e61.jpg'>

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hiking with my family, getting my two boys (6 1/2 and 1) outdoors (especially this time of the year). I coached soccer the last couple years and loved it but took this year off to enjoy spectating. Reading, mostly short fiction. Sudoku puzzles. I run a bit but not on a regular basis due to a lack of time. Work and life keep me pretty busy and away from hobbies for the most part.

Hobbies? Hobbies. I remember having a lot more before 5 kids.

Golf. An occasional video game. Crafting projects around the house, I hate paying someone else to do work I think I can do myself, even if it turns out half as good and costs just as much.

Nice buck Nickman. I have never shot one that big. Seen a few like that but never close enough. I used to do a lot of bow hunting and shotgun hunting (here in southern MI we can only use shotguns). I also used to do a lot of hiking, rock climbing, mountain and road biking, all sorts of things. Now I have a girlfriend and 3 dogs. haha Seriously 2 jobs and work around the house keep me busy.

I'm with Cory, I used to have hobbies before I had kids, haha. Keeping up with a 4 year old and 5 month old is now my hobbies.

Golf is about the only thing I'm still able to do and some video games during my lunch break, ha.

I used to ski and snowmobile, but then kids again. Want to get back into skiing but it's flippin expensive to buy all new equipment, ha.

After getting to know some of the members here better during game day chat and the davislove thread, I wanted to see what some of you did for hobbies. I am really into hunting, fishing and firearms in general. I like to hunt deer and coyotes the most, I either make jerky or sausage out of the deer meat. This weekend will be my first weekend hunting deer this year as I have had to get a bunch of work done around the house and haven't been able to get out hunting much. Below is a picture of yours truly with my biggest buck ever. Notice the lucky ND sweatshirt that was worn during the hunt. For the ladys of this site and VC, I am already taken, lol.

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af36/nickman54/Buck_zps6c756e61.jpg' alt='Buck_zps6c756e61.jpg'>

You hunt deer with a scoped rifle? Thats like shooting fish in a barrell. Im not calling you a bozo, but any bozo can do that. Go bow hunting. That's hunting.

Edited by Irish Storm

You hunt deer with a scoped rifle? Thats like shooting fish in a barrell. Im not calling you a bozo, but any bozo can do that. Go bow hunting. That's hunting.

Its a scoped 12 gauge single shot handi rifle, its only good out to 125 yards or so. PS, I bow hunt a lot more than I gun hunt, and have killed more deer with a bow. I try to take two deer a year.

Real hunting is killing something that can kill you back. Comeback with a bear's head and I'll be impressed.

I infect mountain lions with feline aids that can be contagious to humans and then hunt them butt naked bare handed in the pitch black and kill them with my teeth. Then I eat the remains, all of them, wasting nothing. If the animal recently pooped, I track that, kill and eat that too. No sense in letting good doodie go to waste.

How did this good thread about hobbies spin off into a whizzing contest?

Cooking, working on cars though not as much now as in my younger years, and I'm actually pretty big into electronic cigarettes, building them and making my own liquid for them. Keeps me busy and keeps me from actual cigarettes so it works out I guess.

I use an ecig as well, I haven't started building my own though. I just use an aspire tank and spinner batteries. Haven't had a cigarette in about 6 months and can honestly say I don't want them anymore.

I infect mountain lions with feline aids that can be contagious to humans and then hunt them butt naked bare handed in the pitch black and kill them with my teeth. Then I eat the remains, all of them, wasting nothing. If the animal recently pooped, I track that, kill and eat that too. No sense in letting good doodie go to waste.

How did this good thread about hobbies spin off into a whizzing contest?

I work with a lot of hunters and they always have to prove how manly they are compared to other hunters... :)

It is always a fun conversation to listen to.

Weight-lift and play soccer... I also referee soccer games.

Real hunting is killing something that can kill you back. Comeback with a bear's head and I'll be impressed.

I dont like the idea of hunting bears, cougars or wolves. It disturbs me to a degree but thats just me. They are amazing animals that we have almost wiped out. We already wiped out the north american jaguar.

Boar hunting is amazing and you really need a pistol and knife at your side in case things get hairy. They are big, fast and ferocious and are a nuisance animal so shoot away ;)

Fly fishing is amazing if you havent tried it. You will never go back. I can no longer do it due to tendonitis, hence the ultra light and(im not kidding)a snoopy pole.

I dont like the idea of hunting bears, cougars or wolves. It disturbs me to a degree but thats just me. They are amazing animals that we have almost wiped out. We already wiped out the north american jaguar.

Boar hunting is amazing and you really need a pistol and knife at your side in case things get hairy. They are big, fast and ferocious and are a nuisance animal so shoot away ;)

Fly fishing is amazing if you havent tried it. You will never go back. I can no longer do it due to tendonitis, hence the ultra light and(im not kidding)a snoopy pole.

Boars are also delicious, let's not leave that out. Those ribs are super tasty.

I work with a lot of hunters and they always have to prove how manly they are compared to other hunters... :)

It is always a fun conversation to listen to.

Weight-lift and play soccer... I also referee soccer games.

I kilt me a bar when I was only three.

Or was that Davey Crockett.

Oh well.

I go to the gym, lots of cardio and crosstraining. I am training for triathlons and hopefully ANW before I am just too damn old (At 36 I am already pretty close).

I would like to try Parkour but it is kind of like combining running with My Little Pony, something about it just looks silly.

I used to have alot of hobbies. Tournament paintball, some art, weightlifting, and golf. Well I still play alot of golf.. I quit paintball because I got too old to hang with those kids (plus it was expensive as hell). Stopped weightlifting (for now) because i'm pretty sure I have no cartilage left in any joint in my body. At least thats how it feels. But yeah.. Golf is pretty much my main hobby left.