Greatest song ever

I think it's cool that we are getting some interesting topics on the Open forum. The general board is just spinning it's wheels as this ordeal plays out and the recruiting looks to be quiet for a while.

Back to the topic: greatest song.

I did this on another forum before where you just try to agree on a song. we know this is very subjective and everyone has different taste but it's interesting because you can tell alot about the person mostly their age. You can introduce songs you want considered but the goal is to find one universal record that all can live with and kill some time until the season starts

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm terrible with music.

My favorite songs on my iTunes.

I Will Wait-Mumford and Sons

Let It Go-Frozen Soundtrack

That Was a Crazy Game if Poker-O.A.R.

Black Rock-O.A.R.

Out Loud-Dispatch

So there you. 5 songs to get this started, none if which probably belong in any discussion of all time best.

Hmm, it would be tough for me to pick a best song of all time, but here are a couple of nominees for really awesome songs for one reason or another:

Lupe Fiasco - The Emperor's Soundtrack

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Note the references to Nirvana and Warren G/Nate Dogg, not a huge rap fan, love Lupe Fiasco

Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down (When the Man Comes Around is far more uplifting), I do wish someone would edit out Kanye West

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Think we can spin this up like Rocket's thread with a Favorite Sad song, favorite mad song, favorite happy song, favorite all over song kind of thing? I am too much of a moody prick to pick the same thing twice.

Truth be told, as a huge lover of a lot of different genres of music (although primarily 70's), I find it impossible to name only one....however these days, I'm really liking anything covered by the lovely Jess Greenberg.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Truth be told, as a huge lover of a lot of different genres of music (although primarily 70's), I find it impossible to name only one....however these days, I'm really liking anything covered by the lovely Jess Greenberg.

God damn! I would so disappoint her.

You never even called me by my name-David Allen Coe

+1

Favorite part

I wrote him back a letter and I told him it was not the

Perfect country and western song because he hadn't said

Anything at all about momma or trains or trucks or prison or gettin' drunk

Well he sat down and wrote another verse to this song

And he sent it to me and

After reading it I realized that my friend had written the

Perfect country and western song

And I felt obliged to include it on this album

The last verse goes like this here

Well I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison

And I went to pick her up in the rain

But before I could get to the station in the pick-up truck

She got runned over by a damned old train

I know I already posted, but I was thinking about this song this morning while walking my dogs and I would tend to agree with you.

There are very few songs that Id imagine can compete with the connection that so many people have with Amazing Grace. Millions have known the song for generations.