Chemtrails!! just kidding, Sterling Booted From NBA

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he takes that golddigging space ranger and her stupid face shield with him. Can't wait to see how SNL punks this mess. The NAACP has some egg on its face as well. They were going to give him his 2nd lifetime achievement award. Isn't one enough? How is that possible? David Stern and the other owners have turned their heads for many years regarding this A$$ clown.

I hope he takes that golddigging space ranger and her stupid face shield with him. Can't wait to see how SNL punks this mess. The NAACP has some egg on its face as well. They were going to give him his 2nd lifetime achievement award. Isn't one enough? How is that possible? David Stern and the other owners have turned their heads for many years regarding this A$$ clown.

Maybe Silver should have given him 2 lifetime bans..

Not condoning his actions, but how can you be fined 2.5 million for having an opinion? I absolutely hate the NBA anyways, it was never the same after the legends all went away/retired.

I'm pretty sure that with most franchises, there are set rules of conduct by the franchisees...namely, don't embarrass the brand name or you won't be a franchisee much longer, or you will be fined.

The fine is part of the NBA constitution bylaws. Sterling agreed to those bylaws when he purchased the team.

Isn't the girlfriend black????

Half black, half Latino...this guy is scum and has been scum. The fact that the media is JUST NOW getting on him is disgraceful. His latest comments are child's play compared to the stuff he has said on court record.

http://deadspin.com/5263277/the-sordid-life-of-clippers-owner-donald-sterling

Back in 2002...

When Sterling first bought the Ardmore, he remarked on its odor to Davenport. "That's because of all the blacks in this building, they smell, they're not clean," he said, according to Davenport's testimony. "And it's because of all of the Mexicans that just sit around and smoke and drink all day." He added: "So we have to get them out of here."

I like Korean employees and I like Korean tenants," he told Dean Segal, chief engineer at a Sterling property called the Mark Wilshire Tower Apartments, according to testimony Segal gave in the Housing Rights Center case. And Davenport testified that Sterling told her, "I don't have to spend any more money on them, they will take whatever conditions I give them and still pay the rent … so I'm going to keep buying in Koreatown."

The guy has been a disgusting human and the WORST kind of slum lord. Like movie villian-esque slumlord. The kind that Frank Castle(the Punisher) would have put a slug between his eyes after taking out all his lackeys.

Half black, half Latino...this guy is scum and has been scum. The fact that the media is JUST NOW getting on him is disgraceful. His latest comments are child's play compared to the stuff he has said on court record.

http://deadspin.com/5263277/the-sordid-life-of-clippers-owner-donald-sterling

Back in 2002...

The guy has been a disgusting human and the WORST kind of slum lord. Like movie villian-esque slumlord. The kind that Frank Castle(the Punisher) would have put a slug between his eyes after taking out all his lackeys.

Man, I've grossly overestimated the requirements for a NAACP Lifetime Achievement award...

I usually don't give Stephen A. Smith much credit, but yesterday his comments on ESPN were spot on. He called all of the members of the LA chapter of the NAACP morons and disgraceful for ignoring Sterling's transgressions and thinking that giving away a couple of hundred tickets was worth a lifetime achievement award. He also said he was in LA for the Clippers game and told all of them that if any of the chapter members had an issue with what he was saying, they were more than welcome to talk to him about it face to face.

I agree with Mark Cuban. Some snippets:

In this country, people are allowed to be morons...very slippery slope if the league started forcing owners to sell based on comments made in private. In no uncertain terms am I supporting what Donald Sterling said, or his position. He's obviously racist, he's obviously bigoted. And in this day and age when you're in the public eye you've got to be damn careful -- if that's your position and that's unfortunately where you're at -- you better be damn careful what you say, even in the privacy of your own home. But regardless of your background, regardless of the history they have, if we're taking something somebody said in their home and we're trying to turn it into something that leads to you being forced to divest property in any way, shape or form, that's not the United States of America. I don't want to be part of that."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-mark-cuban-donald-sterling-20140429,0,3329690.story?track=rss#axzz30NvRWHhd

I think him and his super sad girlfriend who never intended for the recording to come out should be put into a rocket and launched into the sun.

Apparently her cash cow dried up and she had to buy milk from the store for the price of one audio recording. Just pray with all your might to Jesus of Nazareth that a sex tape never emerges. *shudder*

I'm pretty sure that with most franchises, there are set rules of conduct by the franchisees...namely, don't embarrass the brand name or you won't be a franchisee much longer, or you will be fined.

The fine is part of the NBA constitution bylaws. Sterling agreed to those bylaws when he purchased the team.

Well, being secretly taped is another thing. Sounds like he was trying to keep his racism to himself for the most part.

His girlfriend is half black and he pays black guys millions of dollars - so he certainly doesn't walk the walk when it comes to racism - he needs to get out there and burn some crosses to play in the majors.

I dunno maybe he's a confused old guy set up by a smart gold digger. I wonder what/who else she has on tape.

Well, being secretly taped is another thing. Sounds like he was trying to keep his racism to himself for the most part.

His girlfriend is half black and he pays black guys millions of dollars - so he certainly doesn't walk the walk when it comes to racism - he needs to get out there and burn some crosses to play in the majors.

I dunno maybe he's a confused old guy set up by a smart gold digger. I wonder what/who else she has on tape.

So what you are saying is that he is a typical thousand year old man? Yeah, I think you are right on this one. You show me one politically correct mummy and I will show you a closet racist. This guy is just a salty old man trying to manage a younger woman. It is typical, and super gross.