Chemtrails!! just kidding, Sterling Booted From NBA

If they can get a good coach we will see what happens. Problem with roping in guys who will take a pay cut to play with Kobe is that they are typically older guys looking to score a ring on the way to the retirement home (See: Steve Nash). The Lakers need legs to run the court and some freakin durability off the bench. I did see some bright spots in the "Young" talent this year, but they need some star power that is not old enough to be coaching. I would like to see a Harden type player come in, someone who is good enough to make an impact but knows how to be a roleplayer, not the whole show.

Lot of good free agency coming up in 15-16, clean house, make some cap space and put some framework in place and you only have one more painful year to get competitive.

We shall see, though.

The problem is, the Lakers made the dumb move of extending Kobe, who will still be on the cap in 15-16. A broken down older player is not the way to build a franchise, especially one who is not accepting that his body isn't what it used to be. Doesn't matter that he started at 18, in the 15-16 season, Kobe will be in his 19th NBA season. There aren't a lot of ways for a 6'6 guard to reinvent himself, especially when a lot of his game was based on being more athletic than other players.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is, the Lakers made the dumb move of extending Kobe, who will still be on the cap in 15-16. A broken down older player is not the way to build a franchise, especially one who is not accepting that his body isn't what it used to be. Doesn't matter that he started at 18, in the 15-16 season, Kobe will be in his 19th NBA season. There aren't a lot of ways for a 6'6 guard to reinvent himself, especially when a lot of his game was based on being more athletic than other players.

You are right. I will never hate on Kobe, but 48 million for two years on someone with no evidence of being able to come back from such a devastating injury. If anyone his age can do it, he can. But then, I don't think it is going to happen. Be it physical, mental, or a combination of both.

Regardless, his day is passing quickly. Guys like Durant, Westbrook, Lebron, and younger guys like John Wall are going to be too big, too fast, and too tough.

Oh well.

Back to topic, best quote I have read on this is from another beloved Laker:

"“And now,” writes Abdul-Jabbar in Time, “the poor guy’s girlfriend (undoubtedly ex-girlfriend by now) is on tape cajoling him into revealing his racism. Man, what a winding road she led him down to get all of that out.

“She was like a sexy nanny playing ‘pin the fried chicken on the Sambo.’ She blindfolded him and spun him around until he was just blathering all sorts of incoherent racist sound bites that had the news media peeing themselves with glee.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/abdul-jabbar-taped-sterling-prison-article-1.1775937#ixzz30a3ZDJQN

Classic, go Kareem. No defense of Sterling, but a condemnation of his freakishly gross girlfriend.

You are right. I will never hate on Kobe, but 48 million for two years on someone with no evidence of being able to come back from such a devastating injury. If anyone his age can do it, he can. But then, I don't think it is going to happen. Be it physical, mental, or a combination of both.

Regardless, his day is passing quickly. Guys like Durant, Westbrook, Lebron, and younger guys like John Wall are going to be too big, too fast, and too tough.

Oh well.

Back to topic, best quote I have read on this is from another beloved Laker:

"“And now,” writes Abdul-Jabbar in Time, “the poor guy’s girlfriend (undoubtedly ex-girlfriend by now) is on tape cajoling him into revealing his racism. Man, what a winding road she led him down to get all of that out.

“She was like a sexy nanny playing ‘pin the fried chicken on the Sambo.’ She blindfolded him and spun him around until he was just blathering all sorts of incoherent racist sound bites that had the news media peeing themselves with glee.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/abdul-jabbar-taped-sterling-prison-article-1.1775937#ixzz30a3ZDJQN

Classic, go Kareem. No defense of Sterling, but a condemnation of his freakishly gross girlfriend.

Kareem is right though. In California, it is illegal to record someone without their consent, and from everything I've heard, her tone and questions imply Stiviano is baiting Sterling to say more. We can't condemn Sterling and just totally ignore that Stiviano may have broken the law herself.

What Sterling said was wrong, but this chick is no dummy and knew her time in the spotlight was fading...a pending lawsuit to take back all of the stuff Sterling gifted her would have broke her just off of legal fees. So she drops this bombshell. It sounds like she worked out a long time ago to get this info, and with her role of being Sterling's "Archivist", she's trying to imply she had his permission to record him. Now she's got her own individual notoriety. Too bad that this type of attention will fade the moment the Clippers are sold to someone else. Then we'll all be subjected to V. Stiviano sex tapes. Yay.