Thoughts On Missing Malaysia Flight

Watching some well regarded experts on tv talk about this the general consensus now is that this was no accident. Some foul play was involved. The evidence overwhelmingly supports that.

The big questions are what was the motive of the person, persons or group involved in this and more importantly where is the plane.

The Malaysians need to step aside, cooperate and let the US handle this. A 777 in the wrong hands is a scary thought

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not completely Echo. You need to consider the chronology of events. Transponders turned off first, then the FMC was possibly reprogrammed to accommodate a new flight path. (this MUST be true if the plane intercepted 4 off-course waypoints). Waypoints cannot be navigated by a human such as a NDB or VOR. There are no signals to intercept or communicate with the instruments except for the FMC which uses GPS. If it is proven that the plane flew along a new path and intercepted these waypoints, the ONLY conclusion is foul-play. The ACARS ping would NEVER occur if a plane were underwater. These are facts. We need to wait and see on this one, but I tend to trust the events being reported by the US military more than I do any other source, unless they're in on it, lol. In this F'd up world, I don't think it's out of the ordinary to consider that this plane was hijacked and then rerouted. Some mention has been made about what kinds of terrorism could be performed with a 777 after being repainted. Probable? No. Possible? Yes.

Apparently you don't differentiate between piracy and terrorism. They are very different things. I said piracy was ridiculous because the thought that someone would try to steal an commercial airliner with 240 people on board for financial gain is absurd. Americans watch too many movies.

An operation of this type executed be terrorists would probably cost them more to plan than the cost of the plane.

So it's been concluded it was hijacked. Why wasn't there any cell phone calls???

Well considering everyone's background on that flight has checked out, the only reason I can think of that someone would try to commandeer that plane is to commit suicide (like Egypt Air from about 10 years ago). Certainly wouldn't put it past a Chinese national, since they always like to go out in style.

And it's irritating that it keeps getting referred to as "piracy", as if someone wanted money from this hijacking. If it's terrorism related, then it has to do with serving an agenda, not padding a bank account. They have plenty of that.

If it's terrorism, then someone needs to figure out how many more of the passports on that flight were fake.

Edited by echo88

Right I don't know the cause or motive but reports are it flew for up to 5 hours after last contact. In that time, No one got the inclination something was wrong and tried to call out?

Well, it is the Malaysians who are saying there is "clear evidence". We will see. Over the ocean and at that altitude, you're not getting cell reception though.

"The erratic movements of the aircraft after it diverted course and flew over the country also raise questions about why the military did not respond to the flight emergency. Malaysian officials have acknowledged that military radar may have detected the plane, but have said they took no action because it did not appear hostile."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/15/wo...adar.html?_r=1

Passenger plane changes its original course, begins flying erratically over your airspace...and NO action is taken?

Apparently you don't differentiate between piracy and terrorism. They are very different things. I said piracy was ridiculous because the thought that someone would try to steal an commercial airliner with 240 people on board for financial gain is absurd. Americans watch too many movies.

An operation of this type executed be terrorists would probably cost them more to plan than the cost of the plane.

I apologize for the lack of semantics on my part.

Latest reports are getting crazy. It was up at 45,000 feet, and then dove to 20,000 feet in a minute? CNN showed in a flight simulator that this plane could barely fly at 45K and would take an expert to stay there. Then the drop, they showed all sorts of alarms would go off, and tht they plane would be at risk of breaking apart. Then to come out of it and stabilize? This is only an expert.

Also looks like they searched the pilots homes, and removed a bunch of stuff from one of them.

Latest reports are getting crazy. It was up at 45,000 feet, and then dove to 20,000 feet in a minute? CNN showed in a flight simulator that this plane could barely fly at 45K and would take an expert to stay there. Then the drop, they showed all sorts of alarms would go off, and tht they plane would be at risk of breaking apart. Then to come out of it and stabilize? This is only an expert.

Also looks like they searched the pilots homes, and removed a bunch of stuff from one of them.

Curious as to why they are just searching these homes now...