Thoughts On Missing Malaysia Flight

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are your thoughts? I'm beginning to wonder if Carmen Sandiego was piloting it...

*Thoughts and prayers to those affected.

This story is truly baffling. It is amazing to me that after a week there is still no definitive idea of what happened to the plane. If it did land somewhere, it is equally amazing that not one word has come out from it and hiding 200+ passengers. Unfortunately, I think we will eventually learn that all are lost and the plane went down or hit something. Or maybeeeeeeeee, something like a Close Encounter of the Third Kind event? Truly baffling. I feel bad for the families as they have to keep waiting to find out something.

How do we know they're dead??

Because if you don't allow yourself to be sensationalized by the media's constant barrage of secondhand and misleading information, you'll realize this is just a plane crash at sea. The ineptitude of the governments and agencies that were involved from the very beginning has turned this search into a circus.

Because if you don't allow yourself to be sensationalized by the media's constant barrage of secondhand and misleading information, you'll realize this is just a plane crash at sea. The ineptitude of the governments and agencies that were involved from the very beginning has turned this search into a circus.

Well... then there is that of course.

Then why isn't the black box sending out a signal from impact?? That's what I'm confused about.

Because it's transmissions are only effective if it is able to communicate with the receiver. When it's likely submerged beneath hundreds of feet of ocean water, there is no way anyone is picking it up. For comparison, it took 2 years to find 2009's Air France black box for the same reason.

The only part of this story that has piqued my interest is that the transponder stopped working after the aircraft lost power, despite it having its own power source. Someone would have had to intentionally disable it. And even this aspect of the story would be explained if the aircraft hit the water immediately after losing power.

The media is reporting the plane flew for four more hours upon having the transponders shut off. So that would negate the plane crashing immediately after having the second transponder shut off, 19 minutes after the first one was shut off. And upon impact, according to professional pilots, a ping is sent out with information regarding such.

The media is reporting the plane flew for four more hours upon having the transponders shut off. So that would negate the plane crashing immediately after having the second transponder shut off, 19 minutes after the first one was shut off. And upon impact, according to professional pilots, a ping is sent out with information regarding such.

Well, that too is a bit misleading. They think that the bursts of data received hours after they lost contact might belong to the aircraft in question. And they might. If they do, its indicative of a catastrophic power failure. The bursts might have been due to intermittent restoration efforts on board the aircraft. But having lost power to the critical instruments needed to fly a plane in the dark is probably what ultimately caused their demise.

Also, that ping you mentioned could have malfunctioned or it just may not have been powerful enough to have been received by the satellite. It's not like they get to be tested often. :)

Well, that too is a bit misleading. They think that the bursts of data received hours after they lost contact might belong to the aircraft in question. And they might. If they do, its indicative of a catastrophic power failure. The bursts might have been due to intermittent restoration efforts on board the aircraft. But having lost power to the critical instruments needed to fly a plane in the dark is probably what ultimately caused their demise.

Also, that ping you mentioned could have malfunctioned or it just may not have been powerful enough to have been received by the satellite. It's not like they get to be tested often. :)

There hasn't been any report of lost power. Just that the two transponders were turned off, manually. Even if the power went out, they have backup generators. And if those backup generators went, then they have an emergency "engine" which engages on its' own power source and allows them to safely find a place to land.

There hasn't been any report of lost power. Just that the two transponders were turned off, manually. Even if the power went out, they have backup generators. And if those backup generators went, then they have an emergency "engine" which engages on its' own power source and allows them to safely find a place to land.

See? So much information has been given (before being substantiated) that it is now extremely difficult to differentiate between what is fact and what has already been deemed false. The Malaysian govt releases something then it gets regurgitated by "experts" and then the FAA disagrees with all of it and adds their own spin. Will probably never find out exactly what happened...and in what sequence. Once thing I can tell you for absolute certain is that a plane that size isn't landing anywhere except a major airport landing strip (and if it did everyone would already know). If it somehow made its way to land, it's going to be in just as many pieces as it would be in the ocean.

The latest "news" is that this may be an act of piracy. I seriously think that, at this point, media outlets are celebrating the domination of coverage to such an extent that all common sense has gone right out the window. That is the dumbest and most unfathomably ridiculous explanation to date.

See? So much information has been given (before being substantiated) that it is now extremely difficult to differentiate between what is fact and what has already been deemed false. The Malaysian govt releases something then it gets regurgitated by "experts" and then the FAA disagrees with all of it and adds their own spin. Will probably never find out exactly what happened...and in what sequence. Once thing I can tell you for absolute certain is that a plane that size isn't landing anywhere except a major airport landing strip (and if it did everyone would already know). If it somehow made its way to land, it's going to be in just as many pieces as it would be in the ocean.

The latest "news" is that this may be an act of piracy. I seriously think that, at this point, media outlets are celebrating the domination of coverage to such an extent that all common sense has gone right out the window. That is the dumbest and most unfathomably ridiculous explanation to date.

Not completely Echo. You need to consider the chronology of events. Transponders turned off first, then the FMC was possibly reprogrammed to accommodate a new flight path. (this MUST be true if the plane intercepted 4 off-course waypoints). Waypoints cannot be navigated by a human such as a NDB or VOR. There are no signals to intercept or communicate with the instruments except for the FMC which uses GPS. If it is proven that the plane flew along a new path and intercepted these waypoints, the ONLY conclusion is foul-play. The ACARS ping would NEVER occur if a plane were underwater. These are facts. We need to wait and see on this one, but I tend to trust the events being reported by the US military more than I do any other source, unless they're in on it, lol. In this F'd up world, I don't think it's out of the ordinary to consider that this plane was hijacked and then rerouted. Some mention has been made about what kinds of terrorism could be performed with a 777 after being repainted. Probable? No. Possible? Yes.