The last word thread

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This rings hollow. There have been many threads on this board that have gone completely off topic...and did not get closed. This one was actually still somewhat on topic. Plus, just like when you locked echo out, you added your own two cents then closed the thread. Weak.

Feel free to start your own ND Football chat site and you can have it run any way you'd like. This isn't an exact science so if it ruffles your feathers, feel free to use the exit. There are many ND Football sites that might interest you but stay away from one of them, if you think I "Police" the site to my liking, they would drive you bat$hit crazy!

Nonono. All of those upstanding citizens you interact with on a daily basis. I would never think of them calling you names.

indyirishdad, if you really think you can retort anything I said, then by all means, send me a PM.

No, your responses were valid. You gave specific examples. I can respect that. But, you did communicate MUCH differently than your original tough guy post, ya know.

I don't have a problem with cops ND. I have a problem with the egomaniacal attitude that sometimes body-snatches them. I have close personal relations with several officers, grew up in a cop family, and spent a LOT of time riding with one as a teenager. (when that was still allowed) I do have an idea about what you guys do and represent. I have spent countless hours at a station where I saw everything you see, and I mean everything. I had an opportunity to take a job on a local force years back and chose not to. The simple reason for my decision was fear. I didn't want to get shot. I lived through 2 officer murders as a boy in the Michiana area. Butch Nine (shot during a robbery) and Tony Swartzlander (struck by a car while setting up a roadblock). Some of you may have heard of these men. I am not an officer, but I do have the right to discuss what the job means ND.

I personally see a big difference in the officers today compared to then. Obviously that carries over from society in general, but it upsets me. I realize that this is a very subjective discussion based on region, but I can't control that. I am simply stating my opinions based on experience.

I appreciate you for answering my questions and acting like a man. I am also sorry if I hurt your feelings. I'm sure you are a stand-up guy with good character.

Get over it; just calling you out; putting you in your place - sound familiar????

Enjoy.

When people use the term "calling you out" on here...why do immediately hear the voice of Jim Ross and do a quick pan to see what wrestler is coming down the ramp?

No, your responses were valid. You gave specific examples. I can respect that. But, you did communicate MUCH differently than your original tough guy post, ya know.

I don't have a problem with cops ND. I have a problem with the egomaniacal attitude that sometimes body-snatches them. I have close personal relations with several officers, grew up in a cop family, and spent a LOT of time riding with one as a teenager. (when that was still allowed) I do have an idea about what you guys do and represent. I have spent countless hours at a station where I saw everything you see, and I mean everything. I had an opportunity to take a job on a local force years back and chose not to. The simple reason for my decision was fear. I didn't want to get shot. I lived through 2 officer murders as a boy in the Michiana area. Butch Nine (shot during a robbery) and Tony Swartzlander (struck by a car while setting up a roadblock). Some of you may have heard of these men. I am not an officer, but I do have the right to discuss what the job means ND.

I personally see a big difference in the officers today compared to then. Obviously that carries over from society in general, but it upsets me. I realize that this is a very subjective discussion based on region, but I can't control that. I am simply stating my opinions based on experience.

I appreciate you for answering my questions and acting like a man. I am also sorry if I hurt your feelings. I'm sure you are a stand-up guy with good character.

That is a response I can respect.

Still, to be clear, I did not change my tone, you simply took what I said the worst way.

Feel free to start your own ND Football chat site and you can have it run any way you'd like. This isn't an exact science so if it ruffles your feathers, feel free to use the exit. There are many ND Football sites that might interest you but stay away from one of them, if you think I "Police" the site to my liking, they would drive you bat$hit crazy!

No ruffled feathers here. Thanks for the heads up on the other site.

so threads that are supposed to be "lash out" threads end in harmony but threads about actual content end in disharmony and bogus generalizations.

ever think about a premium DD board to filter this stuff out? lol

(yeah I know, go ahead and start a new board...)

so threads that are supposed to be "lash out" threads end in harmony but threads about actual content end in disharmony and bogus generalizations.

ever think about a premium DD board to filter this stuff out? lol

(yeah I know, go ahead and start a new board...)

There is some irony there. Though it has been a few days since anything got too crazy, maybe DD is turning a corner for the good!

Wanted to put this in the thread where DJ was discussing potential future moderators.. But it was closed.. So, uh, I thought it was funny.. so I'm putting it here. Deal with it.

They keep asking me to take the position, but I maintained that I'm moving on to ESPN after 3 years.....

Wanted to put this in the thread where DJ was discussing potential future moderators.. But it was closed.. So, uh, I thought it was funny.. so I'm putting it here. Deal with it.

They sure do like locking my threads. That is two now. 14 more and I'll be really mad.

Heck, if time to look through threads and find offenders is all you need, sign me up.

I can be fair, impartial and objective, as is pretty evident by my posts.