I have nowhere else to turn

davislove

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK,

I have this song in my head and can't figure out what it is.

basically it's kind of a pop rock song from about 3 years ago. Not really my cup of tea but it had a nice bass solo at the end of the song that attracted my attention. A guy and a girl sang on it.

Not my cup of tea either, but was it a guitar solo at the end? Or a bass rhythm combination that was badass? Just trying to further enhance the details of this mystery song ;)

OK,

basically it's kind of a pop rock song from about 3 years ago. Not really my cup of tea but it had a nice bass solo at the end of the song that attracted my attention. A guy and a girl sang on it.

Do you recall any lyrics at all? My first guess is something by The White Stripes.

Usually Jack does the singing for the White Stripes, but, from Wikipedia:

Both Meg and Jack White sing vocals on the tracks "Hotel Yorba" and "This Protector" from White Blood Cells, "Rated X" from the "Hotel Yorba" single, "Well It's True That We Love One Another" on Elephant, and "Rag and Bone" from Icky Thump. The first time Meg sang along on a White Stripes record was with Jack on "Your Southern Can is Mine" from De Stijl.
Edited by ND3

OK,

White Stripes....Or Matt and Kim....

Not my cup of tea either, but was it a guitar solo at the end? Or a bass rhythm combination that was badass? Just trying to further enhance the details of this mystery song ;)

Pretty sure it was a bass solo. I used to hear the song in passing all of the time, I'm guessing it was hit record in the summer of 2010- or 2011.

Do you recall any lyrics at all? My first guess is something by The White Stripes.

Sorry, don't know any lyrics (I'm worthless I know) It was just background noise to me really but the end caught my ear. Now it's driving me crazy. I would describe it as No Doubtsy if that helps.

White Stripes....Or Matt and Kim....

were any of their songs in heavy rotation a few years back? The invention of the ipod has made me clueless to whats hot anymore. I have stevie wonder and the allman brothers in heavy rotation.

hey davis, sorry i can't help since i have the same inability to remember lyrics, but i did notice your allman bros reference. goin' to see derek trucks tomorrow at the local symphony hall.. i've seen him play with the allman brothers at the beacon theater in NY numerous times....kid is the real deal......

Pretty sure it was a bass solo. I used to hear the song in passing all of the time, I'm guessing it was hit record in the summer of 2010- or 2011.

Sorry, don't know any lyrics (I'm worthless I know) It was just background noise to me really but the end caught my ear. Now it's driving me crazy. I would describe it as No Doubtsy if that helps.

were any of their songs in heavy rotation a few years back? The invention of the ipod has made me clueless to whats hot anymore. I have stevie wonder and the allman brothers in heavy rotation.

Very heavy rotation....

hey davis, sorry i can't help since i have the same inability to remember lyrics, but i did notice your allman bros reference. goin' to see derek trucks tomorrow at the local symphony hall.. i've seen him play with the allman brothers at the beacon theater in NY numerous times....kid is the real deal......

I really just "discovered" the Allman brothers about 2 years ago so needless to say I'm like a kid in a candy store.

I think I stumbled across Susan tedeschi first which led me to Derek trucks (The greatest IMO) which led me to the Allmans and warren haynes. I would love to see them at the Beacon.

Since you mentioned that it might have been popular a couple of years ago.....maybe this will help.

http://billboardtop100of.com/2010.html

http://billboardtop100of.com/2011.html

Nice site, thanks for posting.

I think that song will be forever trapped in my head. I checked all of those artist whom I didn't know how their music sounds with no luck.

Thanks to all of you. I'm sure you know how it feels to have something on the tip of your tongue so to speak.

Saw this on another site from 2010-2011

01.Eminem Feat Rihanna - Love the Way You Lie

02.Timbaland feat Soshy - Morning After Dark

03.3OH3 feat Kesha - My First Kiss ( Chuckie Radio Remix ).

04.Tom Boxer Feat. Antonia - Morena My Love

05.David Guetta feat Estelle - One Love

06.Claudia Cream feat. Fatman Scoop - Just a little bit

07.Velile feat. Safri Duo - Helele

08.Alexandra Burke Feat Pitbull - All Night Long (OFFICIAL)

09.Armin van Buuren Feat. Jacqueline Govaert - Never Say Never (Myon & Shane 54 Remix)

10.David Guetta Feat. Kid CuDi - Memories

11.Edward Maya feat. Vika Jigulina - Stereo Love (scotty remix)

12.Enrique Iglesias ft. Pitbull - I Like It

13.Flo-Rida Feat. David Guetta - Club Can't Handle Me

14.Gwen Stefani Feat Eve - Rich Girl

15.Kat DeLuna feat. Elephant Man - Everybody Dance

16.Kelly Rowland Feat. David Guetta - Commander

17.N.E.R.D. feat. Nelly Furtado - Hot N Fun (Boys Noize Remix)

18.Usher Feat. Pitbull - DJ Got Us Falling In Love Again (Prod. By Max Martin) 2010

Hmm, here are some lady/man combos that could do the trick.

San Cisco - Awkward

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ukNOaKeUEQY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fitz and The Tantrums - Don't Gotta Work It Out

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-4Yz_bUTlbo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Postal Service - Nothing better

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Mcs3wSzqTI8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here is the one I THINK is what you're looking for(if not the song then the band)

Band Of Skulls - I Know What I Am

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kfwvpyrAW60" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OK,

You should probably post a sound clip of you going all a cappella.. :grin: