Would these kid look like Obama's kids too?

So three kids shoot and kill a man jogging because they are "bored".

They happened to be black and shoot a white man, which is sort of incidental in some regards, I haven't seen it said they were targeting whites, but where is the outrage? Where are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton? Why isn't Obama saying how these kids would like his sons?

I don't know that race even really needs to play a part in the discussion, but it will, though not according to national media.

But the big question is, what the Hell is happening to our society that killing folks is becoming an option to boredom? We can blame gun laws all we want, but the idea that 3 kids would kill someone because they are bored is just terrifying to me.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They happened to be black and shoot a white man, which is sort of incidental in some regards, I haven't seen it said they were targeting whites, but where is the outrage? Where are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton? Why isn't Obama saying how these kids would like his sons?

I don't know that race even really needs to play a part in the discussion, but it will, though not according to national media.

But the big question is, what the Hell is happening to our society that killing folks is becoming an option to boredom? We can blame gun laws all we want, but the idea that 3 kids would kill someone because they are bored is just terrifying to me.

:(

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/elderly-man-dies-after-being-attacked-outside-ice-arena/-/101214/21574858/-/9flm7iz/-/index.html

WWII veteran Delbert Belton survived being wounded in action during the Battle of Okinawa only to be beaten and left for dead by two teens at the Eagles Lodge in Spokane on Wednesday evening.

Spokane police are looking for two male suspects in the attack. They said the suspects are African Americans between 16 and 19 years old. One suspect was described as heavy set and wearing all black clothing. The other was described as being about 6 feet tall and 150 pounds. There was no description of what clothing the second suspect was wearing other than a silk do-rag.

http://khq.images.worldnow.com/images/2750330_G.jpg

http://khq.images.worldnow.com/images/23225525_BG4.JPG

http://khq.images.worldnow.com/images/23225525_BG5.JPG

Edited by piratey

:(

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/elderly-man-dies-after-being-attacked-outside-ice-arena/-/101214/21574858/-/9flm7iz/-/index.html

http://khq.images.worldnow.com/images/2750330_G.jpg

http://khq.images.worldnow.com/images/23225525_BG4.JPG

http://khq.images.worldnow.com/images/23225525_BG5.JPG

this infuriates me beyond words.

this infuriates me beyond words.

He survived one of the most brutal battles of the 20th century only to get beaten to death for no reason :(

"It does appear random. He was in the parking lot, it appears he was assaulted in the parking lot and there was no indication that he would have known these people prior to the assault," Spokane Police Major Crimes Detective Lieutenant Mark Griffiths said.

Belton died from his injuries Thursday morning at Sacred Heart Medical Center.

"Shorty," as he was known by his friends at the Eagles Lodge, served in the U.S. Army in the Pacific during WWII and was shot in the leg during the Battle of Okinawa. He went on to work at Kaiser Aluminum at the company's Trentwood plant for more than 30 years. Belton's wife passed away several years ago.

It isn't worthy of their time since "whitey" isn't the perp. Jesse and Al, etc owe their entire well being to race baiting. For every Trayvon Martin type incident, there are literally hundreds of young black males who are killed by other black males throughout America. But they don't focus near the energy or effort addressing those problems, which is horrendous IMO, simply because there's no money in it for them to exploit.

Are these three kids claiming self defense with a bunch of people supporting them? Is anyone claiming that the person shot in this situation was somehow responsible for what happened to him like they did with Martin.

These do not seem to be very similar events so I am a little confused why they are being compared to each other as similar. You want to see outrage? If those 3 kids claim it was self defense and justified you will see the Martin like outrage. If people take their side and claim they should be found not guilty after killing someone because of some under privileged background you will see the Martin like outrage.

These three kids are toast. I do not see much in common between this and the Martin case except someone died because of guns.

This strikes me as an event where you just shake your head in disbelief and ask why. It hardly appears to me to be one where it triggers thought about our political divisions.

Here is a great opinion piece on the subject. It doesn't have to do with race, but with the parents of child who commit these terrible acts

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/22/opinion/granderson-criminal-kids-responsibility/index.html

Agreed!! It goes both ways. Parents need to be held more responsible.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/06/mississippi.hate.crime/index.html

James Craig Anderson, a 49-year-old auto plant worker, was standing in a parking lot, near his car. The teens allegedly beat Anderson repeatedly, yelled racial epithets, including "White Power!" according to witnesses.

Hinds County District Attorney Robert Shuler Smith says a group of the teens then climbed into their large Ford F250 green pickup truck, floored the gas, and drove the truck right over Anderson, killing him instantly.

Are these three kids claiming self defense with a bunch of people supporting them? Is anyone claiming that the person shot in this situation was somehow responsible for what happened to him like they did with Martin.

These do not seem to be very similar events so I am a little confused why they are being compared to each other as similar. You want to see outrage? If those 3 kids claim it was self defense and justified you will see the Martin like outrage. If people take their side and claim they should be found not guilty after killing someone because of some under privileged background you will see the Martin like outrage.

These three kids are toast. I do not see much in common between this and the Martin case except someone died because of guns.

This strikes me as an event where you just shake your head in disbelief and ask why. It hardly appears to me to be one where it triggers thought about our political divisions.

I didn't say it was anything like the Martin case. I said it seems odd that Obama only wants to be involved when it would help him. That is political. I didn't make it so.

Again, I agree with a later post that it is a parenting/societal problem more than a race problem. But that doesn't deny the fact the one of the killers was tweeting racist tweets weeks before.

But all that is really besides the main point, that it appears we are moving towards a society where "boredom" killing are happening on a somewhat regular basis. Black, white, orange or red, that is scary.

I didn't say it was anything like the Martin case. I said it seems odd that Obama only wants to be involved when it would help him. That is political. I didn't make it so.

Again, I agree with a later post that it is a parenting/societal problem more than a race problem. But that doesn't deny the fact the one of the killers was tweeting racist tweets weeks before.

But all that is really besides the main point, that it appears we are moving towards a society where "boredom" killing are happening on a somewhat regular basis. Black, white, orange or red, that is scary.

Obama got involved because the debate on the Martin situation divided us so completely on race and gun issues. If this situation evolves that way, I think you will see him get involved again.

Right now, this looks like more of an issue of a couple of sociopaths got a hold of guns somehow. Random killing because of boredom.

Here is a possibility for outrage. Minors getting defense counsel asking for their confession to be thrown out of court because of lack of representation. That would trigger a huge outcry if people support that.

They will be tried as adults. I predict that they will plead to a sentence that is less than life with the possibility of parole. Prosecutors will say fine to avoid trial and cite youth as a mitigating circumstance.

I saw their mug shots. They really did look bored and they are looking at life. This is just weird and an Australian visiting our country to play baseball is dead.

I saw that earlier Piratey. My thoughts were exactly the same. He survived WWII to be taken out by trash. The Axis of Evil no way no how. He did everything right, he should had died on his shield with the 21 gun salute or quietly in his sleep. Not by a bunch of street hooligans, beaten to a pulp. I'm not for the death penalty except for occasions and this is one of them. Erase their asses..

Obama got involved because the debate on the Martin situation divided us so completely on race and gun issues. If this situation evolves that way, I think you will see him get involved again.

Right now, this looks like more of an issue of a couple of sociopaths got a hold of guns somehow. Random killing because of boredom.

Here is a possibility for outrage. Minors getting defense counsel asking for their confession to be thrown out of court because of lack of representation. That would trigger a huge outcry if people support that.

They will be tried as adults. I predict that they will plead to a sentence that is less than life with the possibility of parole. Prosecutors will say fine to avoid trial and cite youth as a mitigating circumstance.

I saw their mug shots. They really did look bored and they are looking at life. This is just weird and an Australian visiting our country to play baseball is dead.

He encouraged that division, in fact he was cheerleading while shapton and jackson did his dirty work. He's a racial prostitute just like the other two, the only difference is, according to Biden, obama is clean and articulate.

I find it amazing that some say that he created this division.. I'm black.. And this division has been here for some time.. Trying to pin this on the Pres.. is crazy.. Try listening to some of the thing that some of these conservative radio host say.. And two of the kids were black.. One was white.. And some are trying to compare this to the Martin case..

He encouraged that division, in fact he was cheerleading while shapton and jackson did his dirty work. He's a racial prostitute just like the other two, the only difference is, according to Biden, obama is clean and articulate.

Wow.. Never heard that one before..

I find it amazing that some say that he created this division.. I'm black.. And this division has been here for some time.. Trying to pin this on the Pres.. is crazy.. Try listening to some of the thing that some of these conservative radio host say.. And two of the kids were black.. One was white.. And some are trying to compare this to the Martin case..

I do not follow the conservative media but this article might explain the strings they are pulling. I should have known.

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/23/the_rights_obsession_with_black_crime/

Firstly, the Salon article is typical leftist bullshit...and yes, you should have known. The "white" kid had a white mother and black father, so of course he was white. Why? Because the agenda isn't fulfilled unless he's white. But Zimmerman's mother was Hispanic. Was Zimmerman called Hispanic by the media? Nope. That wouldn't further the agenda, so Zimmerman was called white. I pray for the day when liberals can pull their collective heads out of their asses to see the obvious, but I doubt that will be soon. Zimmerman was a scapegoat for the race baiters and spineless liberal hypocrites who all lock their doors when they drive through an all black neighborhood but fault a Neighborhood Watch member for feeling the same caution.

Firstly, the Salon article is typical leftist bullshit...and yes, you should have known. The "white" kid had a white mother and black father, so of course he was white. Why? Because the agenda isn't fulfilled unless he's white. But Zimmerman's mother was Hispanic. Was Zimmerman called Hispanic by the media? Nope. That wouldn't further the agenda, so Zimmerman was called white. I pray for the day when liberals can pull their collective heads out of their asses to see the obvious, but I doubt that will be soon. Zimmerman was a scapegoat for the race baiters and spineless liberal hypocrites who all lock their doors when they drive through an all black neighborhood but fault a Neighborhood Watch member for feeling the same caution.

Comparing The Lane situation to Martin's is just more right wing politically correct nonsense designed to rile up their masses to make outlandish posts like yours. All Salon did was give me some insight on why now.

You diverted the discussion to agenda-driven reporting by linking that liberal diatribe from Salon. I gave you another example of leftist agenda-driven reporting by referencing Zimmerman...a clear example of the left's need for Zimmerman to be white to fit their needs, despite the fact that Zimmerman himself has always referenced himself as Hispanic. I didn't compare the two beyond the reporting.

You diverted the discussion to agenda-driven reporting by linking that liberal diatribe from Salon. I gave you another example of leftist agenda-driven reporting by referencing Zimmerman...a clear example of the left's need for Zimmerman to be white to fit their needs, despite the fact that Zimmerman himself has always referenced himself as Hispanic. I didn't compare the two beyond the reporting.

I have never seen any reference to Zimmerman being white except from right wingers. I do not doubt that there is some reference to it out there by people to the left of the aisle but I am not seeing it.

It is necessary for the right to think that those to the left of the aisle call Zimmerman white to fit the narrative that they want to promote their message. The right wing needs Zimmerman to allegedly be white so they can change the dialogue from gun control and stand your ground debates to claiming it is just other people's hypocrisy. Right wing political correctness is more damaging than anything I ever saw from the left.