Can we all agree that Obama is better than GW Bush?

I don't think it is a preconception. They support murder of unborn babies, they support kinky same sex marriage, support a president that runs our economy in the dirt and lives high and mighty off our tax dollars~~~well maybe they're just confused, I hope they aren't evil. Maybe they think its just a blob and not a baby. Maybe they think its ok for men to do sexual things to other men. Maybe they think its ok to get our ambassadors killed when they are asking for protection. Maybe they think its ok to give guns to the drug cartels so they can kill our border patrols.

I don't like abortion. I think what two gay men do in their bedrooms is none of my damn business. I am pro-gun ownership. I think access to health-care should be a right and not a convenience of wealth. I consider myself very liberal and no, I don't consider myself evil.

And your views that liberals enjoy watching CIA operatives die and giving guns to drug cartels is laughable. Speaking of giving guns to terrorists and facilitating the drug-trade, maybe you've heard of the Iran-contra. That was done under the direction of a liberal right? Maybe I should say Republicans enjoy massacres,drug-trading, and trading in weapons of mass destruction just because of what happened with the CIA under Reagan and Bush the first. No, because that would be as absurd a thought as yours.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is about as wothless unconstructive piece of garbage i have seen in quite some time. What was the point of starting it? Who cares about Bush anymore? You know when i took over my new job the previous manager had all but ran the facilities that i am responsible into the ground. He also allowed the employees that i am responsible for to become lazy and mentally checked out at work. You know what i did, i went right to work at fixing all of these problems, and after 5 years of work i can now say we have one of the best departments in the company. This is what we need in this country, for people to start working together, by that i mean both sides, not what we have currently. That doesnt mean democrats get to cry partisan politics every time they dont get exactly what they want and the same gos for repubs. Hopefully Obama does a better job of doing this in the next term. That is what a president is supposed to do, he is the manager.

Can we? Bush was worse than useless, he was detrimental.

They guy took over with a surplus and left office with the economy literally on the verge of collapse.

I think he actually spent more time on vacation then in the white house. He was literally strumming his guitar, laughing on his ranch as a major US city was nearly completely destroyed.

He started a useless--at best-- war against Iraq on the false prentense of WMDs that were never there. I truly feel bad for anyone that lost a son or daughter there. There was literally no reason to be there.

The Iraq War was a total victory for Iran, btw. Also, if you don't like giving healthcare to your fellow citizens how do you feel about all our money going to Iraqis?

Not to mention, 9/11 happened on his watch and they did get a warning while he was in office so it is on him.

How can anyone defend this guy?

Your obviously a very emotional person; try thinking more logically instead. Emotion clouds judgement.

1. Internet bubble pop/9-11 economic impact - then 55 months of growth until housing industry/derivatives debacle. Bush's fault?

2. Where is your same concern re BO's vacations/golf days? Give both of em a break.

3. WMD was only one of serveral reasons for going to war. So your assertion is just wrong. Furthermore - others who thought WMD's existed: Clinton Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, Clinton National Security Adviser Sandy Berger, Bill Clinton, French President Jacques Chirac, CIA, MI6, Mossad, and etc. If they had found WMD's, would it have justified the war for you? If not, what does justify war for you?

Agreed, that Iran is a winner here much the same way they are in Libya and Egypt more recently. Bush was naive with the Jeffersonian democracy thoughts.

4. Free health insurance doesn't mean quality health care. Understand the difference and why one leads to the deterioration of the other over time.

5. Should he have closed the airports for the remainder of the year? All the ports? All train lines? Tunnels and Bridges? Maybe evvacuated Manhattan?

It's well known that the "warning" you speak of did not carry any actionable intelligence that could have led to plot-prevention (i'm assuming you're talking about the pdb's).

Now I'm not a huge fan of GWB, but at least be honest and complete. I'll be here if you want to have an adult conversation.

Your obviously a very emotional person; try thinking more logically instead. Emotion clouds judgement.

1. Internet bubble pop/9-11 economic impact - then 55 months of growth until housing industry/derivatives debacle. Bush's fault?

2. Where is your same concern re BO's vacations/golf days? Give both of em a break.

3. WMD was only one of serveral reasons for going to war. So your assertion is just wrong. Furthermore - others who thought WMD's existed: Clinton Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, Clinton National Security Adviser Sandy Berger, Bill Clinton, French President Jacques Chirac, CIA, MI6, Mossad, and etc. If they had found WMD's, would it have justified the war for you? If not, what does justify war for you?

Agreed, that Iran is a winner here much the same way they are in Libya and Egypt more recently. Bush was naive with the Jeffersonian democracy thoughts.

4. Free health insurance doesn't mean quality health care. Understand the difference and why one leads to the deterioration of the other over time.

5. Should he have closed the airports for the remainder of the year? All the ports? All train lines? Tunnels and Bridges? Maybe evvacuated Manhattan?

It's well known that the "warning" you speak of did not carry any actionable intelligence that could have led to plot-prevention (i'm assuming you're talking about the pdb's).

Now I'm not a huge fan of GWB, but at least be honest and complete. I'll be here if you want to have an adult conversation.

Hmmm...Bush spent nearly 3 years, of his 8 years in office, on vacation. Including strumming his guitar and laughing while a major US city was nearly lost.

Don't you think you should at least make it look like you're concerned?

During 2 terms as President, Bush spent all or of part of 487 days at Camp David, on retreats and made 77 trips to his Crawford Ranch, in Texas, where he spent all or part of 490 days, on his Ranch.

The total number of days of vacation or retreat President Bush took, while in office over a period of 8 years was 977 days, or 32% of his total time in office, was spent on vacations or retreats.

Hmmm...Bush spent nearly 3 years, of his 8 years in office, on vacation. Including strumming his guitar and laughing while a major US city was nearly lost.

During 2 terms as President, Bush spent all or of part of 487 days at Camp David, on retreats and made 77 trips to his Crawford Ranch, in Texas, where he spent all or part of 490 days, on his Ranch.

The total number of days of vacation or retreat President Bush took, while in office over a period of 8 years was 977 days, or 32% of his total time in office, was spent on vacations or retreats.

Again, at least be complete in your answer - "George W. Bush spent 879 days at his Crawford Ranch. This doesn't mean this was a vacation for him, he constantly flew in staff member, held press conferences, and met with 18 world leaders at the ranch."

That said, what should he have done, stayed in DC and watched SportsCenter? Party with JayZ and Cheney?

Again, at least be complete in your answer - "George W. Bush spent 879 days at his Crawford Ranch. This doesn't mean this was a vacation for him, he constantly flew in staff member, held press conferences, and met with 18 world leaders at the ranch."

That said, what should he have done, stayed in DC and watched SportsCenter? Party with JayZ and Cheney?

You do realize the man oversaw 2 wars, 2 economic collapses, the worst natural disaster in US history, and the worst attack on US soil. Now try to paint it it as pretty as you'd like but the fact of the matter is you can get more done in Washington -- where everyone else already is.

One glance at the guy's college record and you know he's a slacker. You don't conduct your best business where you most like to vacation. Sorry. Get real.

You do realize the man oversaw 2 wars, 2 economic collapses, the worst natural disaster in US history, and the worst attack on US soil. Now try to paint it it as pretty as you'd like but the fact of the matter is you can get more done in Washington -- where everyone else already is.

One glance at the guy's college record and you know he's a slacker. You don't conduct your best business where you most like to vacation. Sorry. Get real.

I don't think that his being in DC would have impacted anything you mentioned differently. Was there a deficiency or something specific he didn't do on a certain "vacation" day to which you're alluding?

I'd be curious as to why you're so amped up over something so trivial.

Maybe one thing he should have done was to stay in DC and try to reduce the size of the EPA or the footprint of Fannie and Freddie.

How's that?

Bush wasn't laughing on his porch strumming his guitar when we were attacked. He was reading books to school kids. He prayed with this nation, he mourned with this nation. He invoked God.

And now, we have a muslim that shuns God and turns his back on the American flag during the singing of our national anthem.

The two-party system is the problem just like all of you taking one side or another bitching at each other and nothing meaningful will come out of it just like nothing meaningful comes out of Congress. They are all laughing while we take sides and bitch back and forth while after their "debates on the issues" they are taking each other out for 500 dollar meals on our dollar and calling it some sort of committee. The problem is all of these dumbass politicians BOTH Republican and Democrat and we are even bigger dumbasses because we fall for it year in and year out! WAKE UP PEOPLE

The two-party system is the problem just like all of you taking one side or another bitching at each other and nothing meaningful will come out of it just like nothing meaningful comes out of Congress. They are all laughing while we take sides and bitch back and forth while after their "debates on the issues" they are taking each other out for 500 dollar meals on our dollar and calling it some sort of committee. The problem is all of these dumbass politicians BOTH Republican and Democrat and we are even bigger dumbasses because we fall for it year in and year out! WAKE UP PEOPLE

Completely agree.

I don't think it is a preconception. They support murder of unborn babies, they support kinky same sex marriage, support a president that runs our economy in the dirt and lives high and mighty off our tax dollars~~~well maybe they're just confused, I hope they aren't evil. Maybe they think its just a blob and not a baby. Maybe they think its ok for men to do sexual things to other men. Maybe they think its ok to get our ambassadors killed when they are asking for protection. Maybe they think its ok to give guns to the drug cartels so they can kill our border patrols.

I'm actually with you on a lot of things you feel strongly about. I'm a Republican who really believes in a lot of the things the party stands for...

...except I just can't figure out how it's my problem what two adult males or females want to do in their bedroom. It really doesn't seem like something that concerns me and I'm not sure why it causes you to see red.

We are aware of the problem. What is the answer.

We are aware of the problem. What is the answer.

Everyone should educate themselves on all the candidates (3rd party included) and vote for the candidate that they think would make the best President.

"A wasted vote is voting for someone you don't believe in"

I can't believe I actually read this shit....

Calling our sitting Pres "Osama" is in poor taste

We do not have a national religion- You can not force christian views on anyone. (gay marriage)

It's easy to say abortion shouldn't be allowed... until your daughter, wife, or sister is brutally raped and ends up pregnant. I do, however, feel it should be restricted.

TARP wasn't an Obama creation... Obama was put in a shitty position and did what was necessary to try and stop the bleeding. Can you imagine the impact of those companies going under? Instead of laying off/cutting 40% of their workforce, they end up shutting their doors-their suppliers have to shut their doors-ect.

There is a reasonable middle ground that people are either too proud, or blind to see...

I can't believe I actually read this shit....

Calling our sitting Pres "Osama" is in poor taste

We do not have a national religion- You can not force christian views on anyone. (gay marriage)

It's easy to say abortion shouldn't be allowed... until your daughter, wife, or sister is brutally raped and ends up pregnant. I do, however, feel it should be restricted.

TARP wasn't an Obama creation... Obama was put in a shitty position and did what was necessary to try and stop the bleeding. Can you imagine the impact of those companies going under? Instead of laying off/cutting 40% of their workforce, they end up shutting their doors-their suppliers have to shut their doors-ect.

There is a reasonable middle ground that people are either too proud, or blind to see...

That's funny because all of the money printed by the United States says "In God We Trust". I'm sure you don't take offense to spending it.

The pilgrims left Brittain in search of religious freedom....to practice Christianity.

The first Bibles printed in the United States were printed by Congress and distributed to schools.

Christian religious services were held in the Capitol building for over 100 years.

Many non-believers have tried to twist American history and what the intentions of our founding fathers were to try to fit their personal agendas.

That's funny because all of the money printed by the United States says "In God We Trust". I'm sure you don't take offense to spending it.

This tradition started in the 1950's. I perceive this to be the beginning of the "anti-non-Christian" stigma we still see today. Of course people will still spend the money. It's kind of required for basic human needs. The government needs to stick to printing money and leave religion out of it.

The pilgrims left Brittain in search of religious freedom....to practice Christianity.

This is a common misonception. The Quakers were the only ones who left Europe for religious reasons, and they left because people were being "too liberal" with other religions. They wanted to be able to practice without the burden of having to deal with other people and their pesky religious beliefs.

The first Bibles printed in the United States were printed by Congress and distributed to schools.

Source? This doesn't seem right at all... Here's what a quick google search brought up: http://greatsite.com/timeline-english-bible-history/colonial-bibles.html

Christian religious services were held in the Capitol building for over 100 years.

So? Nobody is arguing that there isn't a strong Christian tradition in the United States. People seem to be losing sight of the strong tradition of religious tolerance that has been kicked to the curb in the last 60 years.

Many non-believers have tried to twist American history and what the intentions of our founding fathers were to try to fit their personal agendas.

Most of our founding fathers were, indeed, Christians. However, many were deists and some were atheists *gasp*. For the purpose of creating a new country/government, they identified themselves with their new country before any religion. Hell, John Q. Adams swore in on a book laws rather than a Bible. That being said, it doesn't really matter what the founding fathers thought the government should be. They made a "living document" in the Constitution so that, as times change, so could the laws of the country. The Bill of Rights still proclaims that Congress shall make no laws based on religion, essentially creating a separation of church and state (per Thomas Jefferson). Sure, there is a strong tradition of Christianity in America. Are you saying that Christianity should be the national religion of the United States? If not, what point are you trying to make here?

I told myself that I would stay off this thread when it immediately devolved into petty name-calling and childish arguing, but this post really grinded my gears.