Can we all agree that Obama is better than GW Bush?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here we have the problem with the nation. Are you seriously blaming Bush for the market drop 12 days ago??? Really, are you serious? You do better. I suppose when the nation's debt is $20 trillion in 4 years, that'll be Bush's fault as well?

My mistake. No not blaming that on Bush at all.

I think it's well known that gas was in the $1.87 range when Osama took office and now it's bouncing between 3.50 and 4.00.

Yeah and gas was .88¢ when I was a senior in high school. How high did gas get when Bush was in office? I remember when gas got high under Bush. Everyone on the right claimed that the pres can't do anything about the price of gas. Now the current pres has all the ability to affect gas prices. Can't have it both ways. Ask Newt and Faux news.

That, my dear sir was from an over inflated housing market. When the housing market collapsed, people defaulted on loans.

So it was the housing collapse caused the problem. Not letting Waal Street run wild and unchecked? Or the deregulations that were put in place by Bush? Or letting the big banks write their own rules? The housing collapse did it. Got it. Thanks.

Yeah and gas was .88¢ when I was a senior in high school. How high did gas get when Bush was in office? I remember when gas got high under Bush. Everyone on the right claimed that the pres can't do anything about the price of gas. Now the current pres has all the ability to affect gas prices. Can't have it both ways. Ask Newt and Faux news.

And gas was $.67 when I was senior, what's that got to do with the price of tea in china?

So it was the housing collapse caused the problem. Not letting Waal Street run wild and unchecked? Or the deregulations that were put in place by Bush? Or letting the big banks write their own rules? The housing collapse did it. Got it. Thanks.

housing loans were given to people who could not afford them...banks rated these loans higher than they should have...people defaulted, businesses were upset by their A++ rated investments going bust, thus the housing market crash...

it was both sides that caused it...not bush, not obama...both sides.

Left due to the Affordable Housing Act and Right due to lack of regs on banks.

Now, now, now. . . the banks were accused of being racist for not lending more to minorities. . . the regs were loosened then they did lend more to minorities. . . who apparently and coincidentally were not qualified previously for loans and not able to pay back those ARM's when the Fed started raising the rates. The Fed should have seen that coming from a mile away.

Now, now, now. . . the banks were accused of being racist for not lending more to minorities. . . the regs were loosened then they did lend more to minorities. . . who apparently and coincidentally were not qualified previously for loans and not able to pay back those ARM's when the Fed started raising the rates. The Fed should have seen that coming from a mile away.

I was going to say that the Fed was lowering rates so that minorities could afford to buy homes and and to help stimulate the economy. But, I would have been retorted and told that Bush should have had a handle on the Fed and blah blah blah.

Don't know what the price of tea in China is. But if it's good tea at a reasonable price. I'll give it a shot. So you don't get my point? Figures.

Yes, you got me with gas was $.88 when you were a senior in high school. I will go to my corner and lick my wounds.

While I'm over there, I'll keep in mind that in LESS than 4 years with Osama at the helm, gas prices more than doubled, hell in less than 2.

And since Dave Ramsey is ranting about it right now.......I'm sure it's Bush's fault that Hostess is going out of business too.......I mean, they were in business while he was in office, it's obviously his fault.

Hostess had bad business practices. Do a little research before you type. Go take a look at how many times they were bought and sold. The amount of debt that they racked up. How many times that the filed for bankruptcy before. And the head guy that was in charge. But you know those crazy union ppl. So greedy. Even though they took a pay cut. They forced Hostess to close their doors.

I learned something during this election. You cannot reason and have a well thought conversation with liberals.

All I have to say is that the Democrats boo'd God. We are in for a rough ride when we ask Go to leave our schools, government, economics, etc. Buckle your seat belt.

Shocking that liberals don't feel like engaging you in debate when you start with the preconception that they are evil. ROFL

Hostess had bad business practices. Do a little research before you type. Go take a look at how many times they were bought and sold. The amount of debt that they racked up. How many times that the filed for bankruptcy before. And the head guy that was in charge. But you know those crazy union ppl. So greedy. Even though they took a pay cut. They forced Hostess to close their doors.

No need to research, I know why it is. Bad management and overzelous unions. But, I figure since you want to blame Bush for the market dump last week, you might as well blame him for hostess going out of business.

No need to research, I know why it is. Bad management and overzelous unions. But, I figure since you want to blame Bush for the market dump last week, you might as well blame him for hostess going out of business.

I see that you didn't read my response to that question after you restated it. Go read post #22.

Edited by nico7980

Shocking that liberals don't feel like engaging you in debate when you start with the preconception that they are evil. ROFL

I don't think it is a preconception. They support murder of unborn babies, they support kinky same sex marriage, support a president that runs our economy in the dirt and lives high and mighty off our tax dollars~~~well maybe they're just confused, I hope they aren't evil. Maybe they think its just a blob and not a baby. Maybe they think its ok for men to do sexual things to other men. Maybe they think its ok to get our ambassadors killed when they are asking for protection. Maybe they think its ok to give guns to the drug cartels so they can kill our border patrols.

I don't think it is a preconception. They support murder of unborn babies, they support kinky same sex marriage, support a president that runs our economy in the dirt and lives high and mighty off our tax dollars~~~well maybe they're just confused, I hope they aren't evil. Maybe they think its just a blob and not a baby. Maybe they think its ok for men to do sexual things to other men. Maybe they think its ok to get our ambassadors killed when they are asking for protection. Maybe they think its ok to give guns to the drug cartels so they can kill our border patrols.

But you think its cool you for G W to send kids to horrible deaths under false pretenses (WMDS!)

You think it's cool for him to make his millionaire buddies even richer in the process (No bid contracts)

A guy that was too cowardly to fight a war himself (Vietnam) is willing to send thousands of others to their graves. All the while dressing up like one of them and landing on an aircraft carrier under a "mission accomplished" banner. What a coward and a phony.

That coward should be in jail.