2016 - Obama's America

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stupid is as stupid does

Guess you haven't seen it. Lot's of write ups about it on the internet with lots of facts to back it up. The only negative things I read are like the previous poster. (totally lacking in substance) They pretty much show what's wrong with America.

My comment was at the level of complexity of the republican party as a whole - something the average one would understand.

I own a library of over 2000 books on the study of cultures around the world...I have traveled to some 40 or so countries and have spent close to 2 years abroad include some 18 months in Africa. I know alot more than the average person on the subject INCLUDING the person who made the movie...

read the reviews...for someone from Okee it may come as a surprise that their are other cultures...beliefs...film maker biased and simply ignorant trying to make a buck...glad you gave your money to him..

Cheers...I am not a democrat either.

Haven't seen it, probably won't. IMO this film is really no better/different than the crap that Michael Moore spit out with its intended liberal slant.

I'm neither a Republican or Democrat. I would prefer to have people enter office who will actually do something to help our country out of the hole we're sliding further into each passing day. As it stands there doesn't seem to be anyone who's in DC that gives a rat's ass about common people. They are too concerned about getting re-elected and keeping that gravy train from the big constituents coming their way.

My comment was at the level of complexity of the republican party as a whole - something the average one would understand.

I own a library of over 2000 books on the study of cultures around the world...I have traveled to some 40 or so countries and have spent close to 2 years abroad include some 18 months in Africa. I know alot more than the average person on the subject INCLUDING the person who made the movie...

read the reviews...for someone from Okee it may come as a surprise that their are other cultures...beliefs...film maker biased and simply ignorant trying to make a buck...glad you gave your money to him..

The movie is basically the words of Barack Obama himself from his book. It is not hearsay, it is simply fact. The author doesn't even give any opinions, he lets Obama do the talking. It is brilliant. The author comes from a different culture Domer Dude, and it gives him real insight. I would like to hear from somebody that has actually seen it so as to get a more accurate opinion.

Who wants to argue with the facts, or worse, refuse to see them and yet presumes to judge what they refused to see? The author of this movie carefully, and without embellishment reveals and backs up facts that are sobering. If the truth is your conquest, why do you fear carefully substantiated facts?

Geez... Your so smart. 2000 books? All that travel? You must be one brilliant guy. Maybe you should run for president?

Give me a break. Your not the only one in the world with a brain. What's even more ironic is that your a self proclaimed academic, yet you lack the foresight to see where this country is headed

Why shoot okie down without even seeing the film? Oh you must read minds as well, my mistake. If you cannot see what's going on in this country...then you are as stupid or naive as they come. If you vote for Obama and he does in fact get elected, then we as a nation deserve what is going to come from that.

No fence sitting in this election. Your either in the big government camp, or your for getting back to the founding ideas. Simple as that!

We are being shoved over the fiscal cliff. We are close to the point of no return. It is intentional. This is not your typical Democrat.

Just listen to how Obama's campaign is different from last time. No more hope and change. No more promising to bring unemployment down to 5 or 6 percent. No more claims of uniting America. No more claims of transparency. He has a dismal record and the only chance he has is a smear campaign against Romney. Will it work?? Are we stupid??

not very factual according to Huffington and a list of others--

"D'Souza rightly argues that the national debt has risen to $16 trillion under Obama. But he never mentions the explosion of debt that occurred under Obama's predecessor, Republican George W. Bush, nor the 2008 global financial crisis that provoked a shock to the U.S. economy."

D'Souza says Obama is "weirdly sympathetic to Muslim jihadists" in Afghanistan and Pakistan. He does not mention that Obama ordered the raid that killed Osama bin Laden

D'Souza wrongly claims that Obama wants to return control of the Falkland Islands from Britain to Argentina. The U.S. refused in April to endorse a final declaration on Argentina's claim to the islands at the Summit of the Americas, provoking criticism from other Latin American nations.

D'Souza says Obama has "done nothing" to impede Iran's nuclear ambitions, despite the severe trade and economic sanctions his administration has imposed on Iran to halt its suspected nuclear program

D'Souza says Obama removed a bust of British Prime Minister Winston Churchill from the Oval Office because Churchill represented British colonialism. White House curator William Allman said the bust, which had been on loan, was already scheduled to be returned before Obama took office. Another bust of Churchill is on display in the president's private residence//

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/28/2016-obama-america-fact-check_n_1835710.html

"But even the staunchest anti-Obama factions should be wary of the fallacious content flying around in D'Souza's film." --

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/movies/167545205.html#ixzz24r6Zx69D

Edited by Scotty88

Am I supposed to be impressed that you can cite the completely unbiased Huffington post? Lol...

I like Bush as a person, but as a president, he was a disaster as well. He is not conservative, and is clearly a big government republican, which I am staunchly opposed to. What's weird is that you rant about all the financial mess bush left us in, which is not entirely true, but refuse to see how Obama's policies have failed at every level to promote economic growth. You blame bush for adding to the debt, but you refuse to admit that the debt is exploding under your blessed president. Have some intellectual honesty, man.

How can you say the film is not factual when it's in obamas own words. Lol the guy says exactly what he believes and hopes for America, which are so radical and are diametrically opposed to the fundamental beliefs of this nation.

The truth will set us free - and keep us free. Those who stick their head in the sand become a part of the problem. Those who have the courage to see the truth and love their country and their freedom will take the time to watch this. See for yourself how unembellished and meticulously careful the author is to stick to facts. The truth is full of hope, because we still, at least at this election , have our vote.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05/24/who-is-the-smallest-government-spender-since-eisenhower-would-you-believe-its-barack-obama/

"Amidst all the cries of Barack Obama being the most prolific big government spender the nation has ever suffered, Marketwatch is reporting that our president has actually been tighter with a buck than any United States president since Dwight D. Eisenhower" - Rick Ungar, Forbes Magazine

Also....

Unemployment when Bush got into office was 4.2 percent. When he left it was close to 8.0 percent and going off a cliff. A 4% difference.

Obama took over with about 8.0 percent unemployment, which hasn't changed much. About a 0% difference. Some say he's prevented it from going to over 10.0 plus percent, others say his policies haven't done anything. You be the judge.

Edited by PJackson'sDred15

because we still, at least at this election , have our vote.

Right, unless you live in an urban area.

If you live there you're told that you will be arrested for unpaid tickets if you show up to vote....very American.

Voter fraud?

10 actual occurrences since 2000, 10 out of 146,000,000 votes. Major problem, let's throw some $ at that!

If the GOP has such a powerful message, why pray for rain on election day?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05/24/who-is-the-smallest-government-spender-since-eisenhower-would-you-believe-its-barack-obama/

"Amidst all the cries of Barack Obama being the most prolific big government spender the nation has ever suffered, Marketwatch is reporting that our president has actually been tighter with a buck than any United States president since Dwight D. Eisenhower" - Rick Ungar, Forbes Magazine

Also....

Unemployment when Bush got into office was 4.2 percent. When he left it was close to 8.0 percent and going off a cliff. A 4% difference.

Obama took over with about 8.0 percent unemployment, which hasn't changed much. About a 0% difference. Some say he's prevented it from going to over 10.0 plus percent, others say his policies haven't done anything. You be the judge.

Basically we have 500,000 fewer jobs then when Obama came to office. He has basically murdered our recovery. The added regulations are cited over and over again by people trying to run a business. The Obama care is crippling businesses and is the biggest tax ever on the middle class.

If there was any doubt about him being anti American it is the refusal to build the pipeline. That cost us thousands of jobs and really hurt us in Oklahoma as they were going to have a refinery here.

Unemployment is actually closer to 17% and Donald Trump estimates more like 21%. People have just given up. Have yet to see an intelligent argument to re-elect Obama. I mean if he had a record to run on, well, he would run on his record. Why do you think he resorts to a smear campaign. Because that is all he has. It is his only chance. He's not a real democrat. He will certainly go down as the worst president in the history of the United States.

He said he would unite us but he works so hard to divide us. He may have bought a lot of votes with his hand outs, but there are enough intelligent people that love this country to stop this attempt to bring this country to its knees.

Basically we have 500,000 fewer jobs then when Obama came to office. He has basically murdered our recovery. The added regulations are cited over and over again by people trying to run a business. The Obama care is crippling businesses and is the biggest tax ever on the middle class.

If there was any doubt about him being anti American it is the refusal to build the pipeline. That cost us thousands of jobs and really hurt us in Oklahoma as they were going to have a refinery here.

Unemployment is actually closer to 17% and Donald Trump estimates more like 21%. People have just given up. Have yet to see an intelligent argument to re-elect Obama. I mean if he had a record to run on, well, he would run on his record. Why do you think he resorts to a smear campaign. Because that is all he has. It is his only chance. He's not a real democrat. He will certainly go down as the worst president in the history of the United States.

He said he would unite us but he works so hard to divide us. He may have bought a lot of votes with his hand outs, but there are enough intelligent people that love this country to stop this attempt to bring this country to its knees.

Why in gods name would we help Canada export oil at no real permanent benefit to the US? It is even at a detriment because their oil costs would be more competitive on the world market.

Now if part of the contract forced Canada to sell the US oil a certain percentage at a certain price, I'd be all for it. But oh no, free marketers wont have any of that.

Why in gods name would we help Canada export oil at no real permanent benefit to the US? It is even at a detriment because their oil costs would be more competitive on the world market.

Now if part of the contract forced Canada to sell the US oil a certain percentage at a certain price, I'd be all for it. But oh no, free marketers wont have any of that.

The oil from Canada is exponentially cheaper then oil from OPEC because the pipeline would cut the delivery cost to give us huge savings. Of course we pay more at the pump because of Obama's refusal to promote energy and build a pipeline that would employ thousands and save us money at the pump. Can anybody come up with one reason not to dump this anti American president??

Edited by OklahomaIrish

The oil from Canada is expotentially cheaper then oil from OPEC because the pipeline would cut the delivery cost to give us huge savings. Of course we pay more at the pump because of Obama's refusal to promote energy and build a pipeline that would employ thousands and save us money at the pump. Can anybody come up with one reason not to dump this anti American president??

I am with you on this!!!