Heuerman is IRISH...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a very bad dude. Happy to see things broke Notre Dame's way because it was sure looking like OSU for a long time.

A snippet of Colin's nostradamusing:

"Thank God we didn't offer that top tight end in the country who wanted to come here last recruiting cycle. If we did, we wouldn't be able to fit all these 2013 TEs who don't want to come here."

"Yeah, how dare I assume the obvious."

"I fail to see how it's foolish when everything he's said or is doing points to Miami or OSU.

"But hey, if you want to continue thinking I'm the foolish one, go for it."

"And I'm interested in hooking up with Emma Stone. That's not likely to happen, though."

Well bud, maybe we can find you Ms Stone's number.

"Thank God we didn't offer that top tight end in the country who wanted to come here last recruiting cycle. If we did, we wouldn't be able to fit all these 2013 TEs who don't want to come here."

"I fail to see how it's foolish when everything he's said or is doing points to Miami or OSU.

"And I'm interested in hooking up with Emma Stone. That's not likely to happen, though."

Oh please.

Yeah, I'm the only person who thought it sure seemed likely that he was going to Ohio State. As long as you ignore every recruiting site and most of the Ohio State, Miami and Notre Dame message board posters up until very recently.

I'm happy to say I was wrong, but don't act like I'm the only person who needs to say it.

If we're playing this game, want me to list all the stuff I was right about? I've got time.

lol, its pretty amazing how wrong the self-proclaimed "experts" are time and time again :washing:

Oh please.

Yeah, I'm the only person who thought it sure seemed likely that he was going to Ohio State. As long as you ignore every recruiting site and most of the Ohio State, Miami and Notre Dame message board posters up until very recently.

I'm happy to say I was wrong, but don't act like I'm the only person who needs to say it.

If we're playing this game, want me to list all the stuff I was right about? I've got time.

Thats the problem. I didnt ignore those sites. Read his quotes about wanting to "write his own story". 247 has been all over this for months. Its always made sense.

Whatever, we're all wrong sometimes. Its just that some are wrong because theyre overly pessimistic for no reason.

Thats the problem. I didnt ignore those sites. Read his quotes about wanting to "write his own story". 247 has been all over this for months. Its always made sense.

Whatever, we're all wrong sometimes. Its just that some are wrong because theyre overly pessimistic for no reason.

boom... couldnt have said it better myself. i think Colin fits into that category.

As for the Rudolph, pretty sure that is allowed. Professionals can talk to who they want, other than being an alumni, he has no affiliation with ND, there is no difference between Rudolph and any alumni who graduated from ND. The only difference is the profession they chose.

Ideally... I would like:

4 LBs (Jaylon Smith, Marcus Ball, ???, ???) - still a couple big names that we sit in the top 2 or 3 with

2 DL (Rochell and/or Sherit, DT prospect)

1 Corner ???

1 Safety ???

1 WR (Demarcus Robinson)

1 RB (Ryan Green)

... that would put us at 22 commits with 25 open schollies in 2013. Really need to hit the LBer hard. I was feeling good about LBs a couple months ago, but we really need Jaylon Smith to commit soon because I think that would attract more talent at the position (similar to how the OL filled up real quickly).

As for the Rudolph, pretty sure that is allowed. Professionals can talk to who they want, other than being an alumni, he has no affiliation with ND, there is no difference between Rudolph and any alumni who graduated from ND. The only difference is the profession they chose.

But if he is a *booster* in any way (I'll take a wild guess that he is), then he & ND need to be a lot more careful. Kim Dunbar, anyone?

Ideally... I would like:

4 LBs (Jaylon Smith, Marcus Ball, ???, ???) - still a couple big names that we sit in the top 2 or 3 with

2 DL (Rochell and/or Sherit, DT prospect)

1 Corner ???

1 Safety ???

1 WR (Demarcus Robinson)

1 RB (Ryan Green)

... that would put us at 22 commits with 25 open schollies in 2013. Really need to hit the LBer hard. I was feeling good about LBs a couple months ago, but we really need Jaylon Smith to commit soon because I think that would attract more talent at the position (similar to how the OL filled up real quickly).

I agree with this list and am in LOVE with it! I'd like at least 1-2 of those LBs to be ILBs. I'm fine with 2 CBs instead of a safety; we have enough guys on the current roster who can play or move to S. Robinson and Green would be insane.

But if he is a *booster* in any way (I'll take a wild guess that he is), then he & ND need to be a lot more careful. Kim Dunbar, anyone?

You think Kyle Rudolph is pulling a Kim Dunbar with the recruits??? :puke:

Edited by NDsection23

I agree with this list and am in LOVE with it! I'd like at least 1-2 of those LBs to be ILBs. I'm fine with 2 CBs instead of a safety; we have enough guys on the current roster who can play or move to S. Robinson and Green would be insane.

Diaco stated he would like one for each position, and I agree. The thing is, there are a couple top-tier safeties like Vonn Bell who have some interest in us, I dont think we should turn talent like that away. But I think one more corner is fine, you dont want to overload a position like CB all in one year. If we dont get two more DBs, I would like to get 3 more DL because both Rochell and Sherit are stud DEs, but I would like to get a DT in the class as well.

* Irish Sports Daily ‏ @ISDUpdate

A few notes on FL TE Mike Heuerman's decision to commit to #ND today: #1 He won't be talking w/ any other colleges from here out.

MH: “If one does show up at school trying...to sneak into workouts...I won’t work out. I won’t be in contact with any other coaches."

MH: "When I went to #NotreDame that last time, I fell in love with the place. I not only feel it, but I know it’s the best place for me.”

Mike Heuerman is excited about joing the 2013 #ND class: "To finally be part of the Irish Mob, it’s great.”

Edited by NDhoosier

I love the way this class is shaping up! All of theses guys so far really seem to be all in. They are helping with recruiting, talking about what a great place ND is and already forming a strong bond with each other.

Tee created the Bang Bang ND page on Facebook and that allowed too many people in to voice their opionion, talk about recruits and also make negative comments if something went wrong. These new guys have labeled themselves the Irish Mob 13. Yes you can put a hash tag on it in Twitter but for the most part it is just a unifying title for the group of recruits we are getting 2013. I like that they are creating their own bond with each other and talking to each other.

These guys are already making plans to meet up at different games this year. In my opinion these guys are going to be a special group of players. Go Irish!

I also love the points that Heuerman has closed down his recruiting, he is not even interested in talking to other coaches and will not work out for them. That to me says "all in"!