Time to avenge Rugers Loss

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, ranked #23 in AP poll as predicted in lead post on this thread!! Actually was hoping for better as so many teams lost, but those 8 losses make it hard to climb rapidly. If Louisville goes down to Cuse tonight we are #22. Gonna do my homework on Rutgers, but I think we handle them pretty well. Villanova on the road should be another win and maybe we hit top 20. Don't want to get ahead of myself as the Big East can be full of surprises. Anyway, who would have thought this team would be knocking off all these top 25 teams. 5 teams were ranked when we beat them.

I follow both ND and Duke basketball, and since Brey I believe coached for coach K. there are similiar ways they build and coach a team. This year in my opinion Duke is not that much better than ND if they are at all.

I love the way ND's guards play defense.. Sure Duke's gaurds can really score but they don't defend with the passion ND seems to.

Duke might have one more low post big with Both Plumlee's, but Cooley can score like Mason and rebound like Miles but ND has more Euro bigs like Connaughton,(I realize he's listed at guard but he plays like a wing to me) and Dragovich..

My point is the record is deceiving there is not that much difference between ND and a top Ten team this year..

Edited by FaithInIrishForever

Heard Brey talking and he was worried about their speed. We handled Marquette's speed very well. I went over their roster and didn't see a guy over 6' 8'' with any meaningfull minutes and he wasn't a scorer. I think this bodes well for Cooley. Cooley is playing with so much more confidence then he was the first time we played them. I'll take an 8 point win, but hope we blow them out in the second half.

Definitely not Okie. I remember telling my boys that we probably weren't going to be able to enjoy Irish basketball too much because they were going to be too bad and wouldn't be televised this year. Boy did I eat my words. I am AMAZED that they are in the top 25 right now. I hope I'm right about their hot shooting tonight because although Rutgers has a bad record, they are scrappy and have beaten some good teams this year.

i sure would like to win a few more as right now they have us at a #8 seed.

i would like to move up a spot or two so we don't have to play the #1 seed in the second round of the tourney.

That's our mission!! If we win both games this week I think we will be a 6 seed--for now. With the losses by Virginia and Mississippi State last night we are basically 22 in the AP and 23 in the coaches poll---but we have to take care of business.

Did you see Cooley's 15 footer??? Did you see his left handed 8 footer???? He gets better every time he plays. He is an absolute beast under the boards. I think he has a big game against Villanova and is Big East player of the week.

Getting some solid play from Connaughton and Drag. Our guards make us go---brilliant passing. I can't believe we only have 4 or 5 guys posting over here. I'm watching other teams play and I know we can beat them. We are better then a lot of teams ranked ahead of us.

• Join Domer Domain

Members receive fewer ads and can participate in the forums.

• Topics

• The players are getting paid because there is a market that wants to see success on the field.  Because that market watches, advertisers pay a lot of money to be seen while that market watches.  In return, that advertising money comes back to the school in the form of millions of dollars in various ways.  Paying for better players means even more value for advertisers and more money for Notre Dame to build buildings or fund programs. The average student who goes to Notre Dame doesn’t generate millions of dollars for the school.  If they decide not to go there, someone else will fill the spot so they can have access to the excellent education funded by the football program and its players.  I don’t see why the university would pay students to come (except for the absolute brightest) when supply and demand is in Notre Dame’s favor in a big way.  The alums are part of the market that wants results on the field so their money goes towards those results which in turn increases value for Notre Dame, too.  Paying kids to come doesn’t have much benefit to those alums either… I get what’s being said about working hard to pay for your kid to go to college, but there are just too many folks in the same boat while a big source of revenue for schools is football…the value of the school increases if football thrives.  It’s simple business, unfortunately, and ordinary students are the consumer.  Nobody pays consumers if they want to stay in business.
    • OK, fine, I'm getting excited.   We've been winning a lot of these. My take:  Golden commit forces Zackery hand?  Takes the last ND DB spot? It's nothing but expeditious!  Was always the answer.  No other reason to move up his commitment.   I expect he will commit to his dream school for a shot at the Natty!  The synergy is real here.  It's the staff, too, but it's bigger.  Like minded kids.  And they're all conspiring to come together for the title shot, and this staff has them convinced it's in South Bend!  
    • Slight nit, take the government out of guaranteed student loans.  Single handedly has been the biggest cause of soaring tuition and crushing debt for borrowers. Otherwise I'm in between as far as NIL.  It's chaos currently and we are still in Flux with the changes that have happened and stuff that's still to come.  We are far from settled in this shifting landscape of college athletics.
    • Can't wait to see someone try and block a punt and end up with internal hemorrhaging...