Retweets 4 the Twitterless

Now we're moving and grooving. A lot of back to school chatter.

* Tai_Jones7 Tai-ler Jones

Good morning. 99% of all failures come from people who make EXCUSES!! Don't even allow yourself to think about doing it! Have a blessed day

* DPFoxy Dan Fox

Ouch

Slowest stimuli to response time on the planet.

* RobJob293 Robby Toma

Class...all day....

* chasehounshell Chase Hounshell

First day of Class at ND....Lets get it.

* GaryGray4ND Gary Gray

About to have my last first day of classes. How's everyone doing this lovely Tuesday morning?

* iRJerrell99 Brandon J. Newman

1st day of classes of my college senior year! Seems like only 1,460 days ago it was my 1st day of classes of my senior year in high school!

* DannyMac15 Daniel McCarthy

Favorite school day of the year--first day of class!

* NDAlumni Notre Dame Alumni

Upside: professors should remember your name all semester RT @stephwess: I have NOTHING to wear for my 1st day of class. #firstworldproblems

* ChiTribHamilton Brian Hamilton

More seriously, Brian Kelly presser and #NotreDame QB announcement set for noon ET. We'll be there, tweeting all pertinent items.

In just a couple minutes.

* BraxstonCave52 Braxston Cave

Wow... @MGolicJR57 was sooo excited about his first day of school that he forgot his phone in the car and ran to class

* EiferTy80 Tyler Eifert

My teacher just said she was born n raised in France but moved to #America cause it's better here #respect

* Irish82Welch alex welch

First day of class...starting it off with some management this should be fun

* DreaddNumbba1 ishaq williams

First day of classes.. Yesss!!! Gotta start off good...

* ShakeThatDave David Ruffer

Got my mickey mouse shirt on. Gonna be a good day.

Young man, your job: go find that girl wearing her Minnie shirt today.

* J_Slaughter26 √ Jamoris Slaughter™

Great to see all my fellow students back at it #firstdayofschool

Advanced corporate finance should be fun. #?

* BradCarrico56 Brad Carrico

First class of the day cancelled #win

* J_Slaughter26 √ Jamoris Slaughter™

RT @KLM_89: my next class is "hip hop is dead! Race, Circulation, and the Global Block" im pretty hype not gonna lie<< we in dere!

* bhardin2 Brian Hardin

Tuesday press conference with @CoachBrianKelly should begin in next few minutes. #NotreDame fans can watch it live on UND.com

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#NotreDame HC Brian Kelly: "Dayne will be the starter and I expect him to be the starter for 13 weeks."

* ISDUpdate Irish Sports Daily

BK feels really good about health of team.

Chris Watt named starter at guard over Andrew Nuss, Dan Fox named starter at inside LB over Carlo Calabrese. #NotreDame

45 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

#NotreDame HC Brian Kelly basically guarantees DaVaris Daniels, Troy Niklas, George Atkinson III & Cam McDaniel all will play in 2011

* bynhayes Neil Hayes

#Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly on linebacker Dan Fox: "Last year he was not a guy who liked contact. He likes contact now. "

All he needs to do now is get his Twitter game up.

I heard they're all a-Twitter in VA after the 5.8 quake there.

* FoxNews Fox News

#BreakingNews: 5.8-magnitude #earthquake strikes #Virginia, with tremors felt along the east coast

* Truthh4 Keith Marshall

I felt that earthquake

None out this way, brah. We are high, dry, and fly. Stable like a table, Mabel. Woh, what was that?!? JK

Sean Cwynar is #NotreDame nose guard starter, per defensive coordinator Bob Diaco. "He's done an incredible job," Diaco said.

#NotreDame DC Bob Diaco on Fox/Calabrese: "It's not a 'sort of' split. It's not 1-A or 1-B. It's 1 or 1. We see them both as starters."

That's better than 2 or 2, I guess.

* AP_Top25 AP_Top25

APNewsAlert: KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Person familiar with situation says UT coach Pat Summitt diagnosed with early onset dementia.

#NotreDame QB Dayne Crist on Brian Kelly: "One thing he now knows about me is I'm a fighter."

#NotreDame QB Dayne Crist on Tommy Rees: "We talked pretty soon after, I explained to him: I need you to keep pushing me."

... but not down the steps, he added.

* MTeo_5 Manti Te'o

First day of school was CRAZY! #tired

Second day was CRAZY too! #moretiredthanthat ;)

Edited by 2lakes

Someone please tweet Dayne and remind him that the hard part is just starting. He sounds like a guy who just won an Oscar. ;)

* BCSmith58 Brian Smith by chasehounshell

Whos going to the Irish home opener against USF? I will be there!! Will hold a contest on my fan page for a possible pre game sideline pass!

* EiferTy80 Tyler Eifert

Papa eif is in the building...that means at least 2 things, good dinner and a stocked fridge, Gatorade that is

Yeah, tweet about the Gatorade, but don't mention the Chunky Monkey ice cream.

* bhardin2 Brian Hardin

#NotreDame PK David Ruffer one of 30 players selected as candidates for 2011 Lowe's Senior CLASS Award http://bit.ly/qnQT0T

* MTeo_5 Manti Te'o

Hoping the best for my UCLA brothers @dhills19 @ShaqEvans do your thing out there and keep ballin! #swagga

Night, tweeps.

I heard they're all a-Twitter in VA after the 5.8 quake there.

* FoxNews Fox News

#BreakingNews: 5.8-magnitude #earthquake strikes #Virginia, with tremors felt along the east coast

* Truthh4 Keith Marshall

I felt that earthquake

None out this way, brah. We are high, dry, and fly. Stable like a table, Mabel. Woh, what was that?!? JK

Sean Cwynar is #NotreDame nose guard starter, per defensive coordinator Bob Diaco. "He's done an incredible job," Diaco said.

#NotreDame DC Bob Diaco on Fox/Calabrese: "It's not a 'sort of' split. It's not 1-A or 1-B. It's 1 or 1. We see them both as starters."

That's better than 2 or 2, I guess.

* AP_Top25 AP_Top25

APNewsAlert: KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Person familiar with situation says UT coach Pat Summitt diagnosed with early onset dementia.

#NotreDame QB Dayne Crist on Brian Kelly: "One thing he now knows about me is I'm a fighter."

#NotreDame QB Dayne Crist on Tommy Rees: "We talked pretty soon after, I explained to him: I need you to keep pushing me."

... but not down the steps, he added.

* MTeo_5 Manti Te'o

First day of school was CRAZY! #tired

Second day was CRAZY too! #moretiredthanthat ;)

Careful what you ask for Dayne . . .

Can't go to tweep, so just a couple more:

Notre Dame sends out a pair of 2013 offers. A cornerback & an OL

* hansensouthbend Eric Hansen

Now that Dayne Crist has won the starting QB job at #NotreDame, can he find his once-high ceiling? plus Tuesday notes: http://tinyurl.com/4xarvm5

#Notre Dame commit Sheldon Day becomes 3rd Irish recruit to commit to play in inaugural Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl, Jan. 3 in Phoenix.

Day is a 6-2, 278-pound defensive lineman from Indianapolis. WR Deontay Greenberry & DB Tee Shepard, both of Fresno, are also slated to play

New day same old problems though. #decisionstobemade

That's rather ominous.

* Carlo44Cal Carlo Calabrese

Dreams are like stars, you may never touch them.. But If you follow them they will lead you to where you need to be. Goodnight.

Show 'em what you're made of, 'Brese baby

Like Lebron I'm taking my talents to south bend @BradCarrico56

So Carrico is recommitting to ND?

* BennettJax Bennett Jackson Jr.

To have a complete Team you must play as an individual first .... Each piece of the puzzle is different but creates a beautiful outcome !!

* IrishChocolate9 lOUIS NIX III @

@BennettJax i guess i motivated you a little today.

Louis threatened to sit on him.

* Lowood23 Lorenzo Wood

Night tweeps early start in the morning!

I second that emotion.

Can't go to tweep, so just a couple more:

New day same old problems though. #decisionstobemade

That's rather ominous.

I second that emotion.

Wow. If he hadn't already played one season, that would make me feel a little uneasy.

ND twitter very light this am:

* SkyDigg4 Skylar Diggins

Good morning tweeps! Have a great day!

350 freshman... 8am class... Principles of Management... Assigned Seating... Thanks @MGolicJR57!

* Lowood23 Lorenzo Wood

Morning tweeps! Have a bless day!

There is, however, this:

* CNN CNN

From CNN's Matthew Chance: Clashes outside the hotel. #Rixos4 hunkered down. #Libya @mchancecnn

* CNN CNN

TRAPPED IN A TRIPOLI HOTEL: CNN team and other reporters held by Gadhafi loyalists: http://on.cnn.com/n3OTTE #Libya

Don't be sad

don't be bitter

The world is waiting

Go ahead and twitter

Let me paint you a tweetscape in blue and gold:

How did I know that was @bnewman99 walking behind me... Bc of him obnoxious laugh #smh

Someone is a little surly today.

* CoachBrianKelly Brian Kelly

Always a pleasure being on your show. RT«@WesDurham Thanks to @CoachBrianKelly for his time. Great visit as always with me & @MrCFB.

Appreciate the @dpshow having me on today. Always fun. Go Irish!

#NotreDame, WLS-AM 890 in Chicago agree to three-year extension for football, hoops broadcasts. http://trib.in/r2x9tz

Oh soooooo thiss is the real college

The ONLY real college.

Where in south bend can I get highlights in my hair for the first game?

My house. I'll only charge you two tickets to the game. Not saying your going to like it or anything, but I have lots of gold paint sitting around waiting to be attached to my garage...

* Lowood23 Lorenzo Wood

I got a cramp in m side just by walking not a good sign with practice soon lol

* NDFBEquipment Ryan Grooms

Our "swagger" gloves showed up monday, we will wear white based gloves for home games, the guys r fired up http://lockerz.com/s/132496458

* AP_Top25 AP_Top25

We will have a full story soon, but here is the #NCAA report on #Vols: http://bit.ly/rsAfE0 A lil light reading (@InsidetheNCAA) #sec -dmz

Did I hear right that Kippin is maybe off the hook?

* AP_Top25 AP_Top25

Purdue's top quarterback, Rob Henry, has torn ACL in right knee. Unclear how much time he will miss. #Boilers #bigten -dmz

Exceptionally loud music pumped into #NotreDame practice. Believe the kids call it the "hip and hop."

Whew. That's a lot of chars out thar.

Obviously, I am not on a low tweet diet. It's cookin' tonight, bruh. So this is only Part 1.

* AP_Top25 AP_Top25

After 133 tackles a year ago, what will Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o do for encore? http://apne.ws/omKiDe #irish -dmz

266 maybe?

* AP_Top25 AP_Top25

Suspended #USC RB Marc Tyler returns to practice - http://bit.ly/plPpGR #trojans #pac12 -dmz

What a relief!

Brian Kelly says John Goodman is beginning to separate himself from the other WR's for the 3rd outside WR position

Bery bery eenteresting.

Kelly says they expect CB Gary Gray to play like one of the best corners in the country

Kelly and I think a lot alike.

* UND_com Notre Dame Athletics

Football set for first home primetime game in 21 years ... http://www.und.com/blog #irishUNDerground #NBC

4 hours ago

Kelly says Cierre Wood has emerged as a leader for the young RB's

Dayne Crist & Tommy Rees split practice reps 60-40 today. Is that typical? "For me, it is," #NotreDame HC Brian Kelly said.

* GaryGray4ND Gary Gray

RT @BCSmith58: All the media is sleeping on my guy @GaryGray4ND in their players/ defenders to watch. Tighten up!!!!

Not me. I'm awake like Drake at an Irish wake on the man.

* NDmom christine golic by MGolicJR57

Wow Steve Jobs resigned from Apple today. Not a good sign for his health situation. Prayers for one of Americas' great business men.

Something you should know.

Let's go to work. Hands on your knees. As I told you before, this is the tweeter post part one. I am the originator of this post. If anybody tellin' you any different, they're tellin' you dead wrong. So in the meantime and betweet time, I'm outta here... peace.

Edited by 2lakes

This is for all the retweeters, twerpetrators, and twaters. This is something new. The tweet post part 2 Featuring the blue and gold band... And this time we're going to get...funky, funky, funky, funky...

* BraxstonCave52 Braxston Cave

I've learned that things are never as bad as you think they are and never as good as you think they are either..

Ain't. That. The. Truth. Amen and hellelujah.

* 19lynch19 Aaron Lynch

Honestly can't beleive that it's almost hundred degrees in this dam dorm! I'm literally sweating bullets... #alltruth

Somebody get that man a cold towel or fan or somethin'.

Coach Kelly post practice comments from earlier this evening - http://www.und.com/allaccess/?media=259634

* MGolicJR57 Mike Golic Jr

I know I'm very late to the game, but this Adele album is amazing. What a great voice. I know @BCSmith58 feels me.

* TsTock_ND92 Tyler Stockton

Movie night with @NTausch40 !!! what should we watch!!

Knute Rockne All American! Duh.

“@TsTock_ND92: @KLM_89 is #whack” true storyy

Wow look at the clouds right now... Something bad is going to happen...

Something bad is going to happen to USF in 10 days, you mean.

* DaVarisDaniels TOOT DADDY FRESH

Yall need to see @JalenBrown21 pop lock & drop it

Pass.

* JalenBrown21 Jalen Brown @

@DaVarisDaniels lol random

The latest Irish Connection is up - the new team walk to the Stadium, Football Primer included! http://www.und.com/allaccess/?media=259681 #ICon

* 38special_ Sergio Brown

glad I got tints, cause if people could c how I wild in the car they'll think Im crazy. Day over turn the music up #poww @bspikes55 voice

Just don't get all Michael Floyd Crazy up in that car.

* EiferTy80 Tyler Eifert

WORRY is the opposite of FAITH! It never solves anything, but only makes problems WORSE..

Preach on, brother Tyler.

Youre the best thing I never knew I needed!

* Lowood23 Lorenzo Wood @

@Tai_Jones7 smh

Chillen with tate @DreaddNumbba1 and @acollinsworth28

* acollinsworth28 Austin Collinsworth

“@BennettJax: Chillen with tate @DreaddNumbba1 and @acollinsworth28” no your not I'm by myself

Gotta get your facts straight now.

#NotreDame linebacker Prince Shembo helped his family conquer football cutlure shock. Now he's set to shock the world: http://tinyurl.com/3oshfdv

A whole lot goin' on there. Good luck to the man.

Lunch plans tomorrow? Try a side of #NotreDame football live chat at noon (ET) at southbendtribune.com. Guaranteed no acid reflux.

I cant believe the first game is in 10 days!!!! i also cant believe i have never been to a ND fball game before... #pumped

Whaaa?!?

Everybody clap your hands... Do that stuff. Oh yeah. I'm outta here y'all, peace.

Morning, tweepsters.

* Truthh4 Keith Marshall

Finally hit me that we really got school today.. smh 

You gotta taste it, chase it, don't waste it, but embrace it, bruh.

* Truthh4 Keith Marshall

Why did I take psychology ?

Well, that's a question of psychology. There you go: use the class to figure it out.

Morning world thanks to the man up stairs for waking me up this morning

Yes, indeed. But could He let me sleep in (and not get fired) tomorrow, please.

* SkyDigg4 Skylar Diggins

Good morning tweeps, have a great day!

Same to all you tweeps.

"Tweep, tweep" go the little birdies in the trees.

Here's @Andy_Staples with Mark Cuban's innovation for college football & how #NotreDame does (or doesn't) fit in: http://bit.ly/pczGgJ

2 hours ago

Walkin to class since asap towing gave me a back2school present by impounding my car. Can't park at irishrow for 30 min?#

Apparently, "no" would be the answer to that question.

Texas OL Raulerson Talks Irish Offer (Premium) http://bit.ly/rm9mLT

2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

* GaryGray4ND Gary Gray

Good morning, hope everyone is feeling blessed this morning. Have a great day!

Most active tweeter on the team with an average of 4.2 TPD.

* dcrist10 Dayne Crist

Always nice turning on the tv in the morning and seeing my boy @MikeStanton27 making plays on sportscenter

* ShakeThatDave David Ruffer

To the kid in investment theory reading the wall street journal: you're awesome. Congrats

And a wee bit pretentious too.

* chris_stewart5 Chris Stewart by hansensouthbend

I feel so blessed today. For whatever reason the last 24 hrs have made me more optimistic even if this not the route I envisioned #realtalk

* bynhayes Neil Hayes

#Notre Dame running back Jonas Gray satisfied with his progress and his role at: http://bit.ly/qFh045

Its amazing to me that everything about me standsout on Notre Dame campus.. Im 6'5, Tattoos, have Dreads, nd im Black.. #

As a 5'5 1/2" amazingly handsome man, I felt the same way.

* DPFoxy Dan Fox

Does the idea go big or go home apply to getting tattoos?

Yes. As long as you pay the going rate for them with cash money that you earned in a legitimate fashion. Here's a S/O to the NCAA Committee on Infraction. Heya!

See ya soon.

Edited by 2lakes

Tweetin' like a hurricane...

* CNN CNN

Tracking Hurricane Irene: LIVE satellite loop: http://on.cnn.com/n67S6f

RT @ChipBrownOB: Sources tell Orangebloods.com Texas would seek to replace #TAMU with #NotreDame on Thanksgiving if Aggies leave #Big12

On possible #NotreDame vs. #Texas on Thanksgiving: ND-Stanford runs thru 2019. ND-USC won't ever end. Doable, but would take some doing.

* AP_Top25 AP_Top25

Longhorn Network off to slow start with carriers, AD says it will 'grow as we go' - http://apne.ws/rucYr1 #hookem #big12 -dmz

* NDFBEquipment Ryan Grooms

Getting the pregame balls ready to use for tomorrows practice...a good dry run for us to make tweeks to equ http://lockerz.com/s/132833341

* DPFoxy Dan Fox

@jgray_ND25 @iRJerrell99 ......

Does that even qualify as a tweet?

Finished practice. Happy Birthday to ND legend Regis Philbin from @Regis_and_Kelly Regis, 30 today? Go Irish!

* KLM_89 kapron lewis-moore by MGolicJR57

come to south quad football 101 chill with me @dcrist10 @dflem45 @BraxstonCave52 @MGolicJR57 #deion

wats up #patsnation no football this weekend but it's a Kenny chesney concert 2marrow tixs r on sale now for jus 20 bucks on ticketmaster

* T_Rees11 Tommy Rees

Colder Weather has gotta be the song of the year @CWatt66 @thegob70 @EiferTy80

Leggooooo boys!!!!

It appears that the "boys" have his Eggo.

"@Carlo44Cal: “@BennettJax: Hit first ask questions last ...” <--"hit or be hit baby...""that sounds terribly wrong

Philosophy in the Howwwwwwse.

Tweet dreams, baby.

BTW, my tweople, I just checked my profile, and noticed the date that I joined -- 8/25/06. That makes this my 5th year Anniversary at DD. You may send your wooden gift or silverware to 123 My House, Michigan City, IN.

* DPFoxy Dan Fox

@Carlo44Cal bash brothers on the loose

Those two should be kept separate like the Pres and VP.

* SportsCenter SportsCenter

Source: 13 #Miami football players are ineligible until they are reinstated by the @NCAA. Open @ #Maryland 9/5 http://es.pn/nLW16N

* MTeo_5 Manti Te'o

Doing espanol hw with @RobJob293 #student-athletes lol

looks like another solid year for the Cleveland Browns lol #sarcastictweet

Homework.... #harshtimesofthecollegelife lol

* BradCarrico56 Brad Carrico

@chasehounshell take it back..browns to the super bowl

I just realized the lil dipper is there every night.

With that, I bid you adieu (this time I'm for real, no, seriously).

Coffee and tweets:

* MTeo_5 Manti Te'o

“@Tai_Jones7: Just through my scooter for no reason and it went alot further than I thought it would. #weightroom haha” it's threw! #Webster

Don't be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams.

* FoxNews Fox News

Mandatory evacuations in place as Irene approaches — expected to be the strongest East Coast hurricane in seven years http://fxn.ws/mSHXdM

Original Pancake House to go this morning! Great meal while watch The Price is Right! #ChillMode #NoClassesOnFriday

I do not remember college being that much fun. Actually, for me, the Price is Right is more like torture.

Metha Davis was the next contestant on The Price is Right and her wig fell off while she was celebrating! Drew is clowning her right now!

Now that's some fun right there.

born by myself.. ill die by myself.. so guess who im livin for????

2Lakes?

* GaryGray4ND Gary Gray

1+1#Beyonce #Speechless

But not twitterless.

To field elite 'D,' #NotreDame needs a dynamic safety. Harrison Smith finally in position for that. Trib story: http://trib.in/raCuSC

* bhardin2 Brian Hardin

It apparently is Harrison Smith story day on the #NotreDame beat: South Bend Trib http://bit.ly/ptTdpu Chicago Trib http://trib.in/qPscQt

D-Boyz http://yfrog.com/gzscsegj

I believe I've seen that somewhere before.

* DPFoxy Dan Fox

Lady just asked for one pickle on her sub at subway.

WHAT is this world coming to?