ND Hoops Roster Rebuild

I was hoping we'd have more news about transfers, recruits, etc. by now, but hopefully we will start hearing soon.

ND mens hoops currently has 5 players planned for the roster: 4 remaining players plus incoming freshman Markus Burton.

It sounds like Micah Shrewsberry's son Braeden, a 6'2" guard, will be coming to ND.

2 PSU '23 recruits who got out of their NLI are Carey Booth, a 6"10 forward who is NBAer Calvin Booth's son, and Logan Imes, a 6'4 guard from Indiana.  Not sure if either will come to ND, but both would be nice to get us to 8.

Also, PSU freshman Kebba Njie, a 6'10" big who I thought played well in the B1G and NCAA tourney, entered the portal.  He's a bit raw, but young and athletic.

A few other players in the portal that list ND as of interest or at least have been in discussions, but like football transfers will likely be quiet until they commit somewhere publicly.

• Heart 1

I guess Shrewsberry is doing his due diligence, and who know how many undergrad transfers ND will allow or frown upon all!

There's nearly 2,000 players in the portal -- a lot to sift through. If he can get the other two recruits besides his son from PSU, I'd think that is a great start. The loo for graduate tranfsers

12 hours ago, D Fence said:

I saw on Twitter that Carey Booth is visiting ND on 4/26.  That would be great if we can land him.  Transfer guard Austin Nunez from ASU will likely also visit.

Still wonder how other sports can more easily take undergrad transfers but football cant

On 4/16/2023 at 12:37 PM, mcgov12 said:

Joe Girard from Syracuse has ND on his short list as well as a grad transfer. Would be a very good veteran presence, but who knows if he prefers a team that has a good shot of getting to the tourney

Would sort of be like a trade 

• Cheers 1

With ND formally announcing 2 assistants last week: Mike Farrelly and Kyle Getter, they can now get on the road to recruit. Getter in particular is known as a strong recruiter.

I was a little surprised to see Ven Allen-Lubin go.  While Shrewsberry uses his bigs differently than Brey, it seems like Lubin played a lot more in the paint anyway

On 4/16/2023 at 11:37 AM, mcgov12 said:

Joe Girard from Syracuse has ND on his short list as well as a grad transfer. Would be a very good veteran presence, but who knows if he prefers a team that has a good shot of getting to the tourney

Looks like ND is out for Girard and he will pick either LSU or Clemson

6 hours ago, Jersey Irish said:

They need to step on it and find some players in the portal if they hope to field a team!

Agree, hope they have something cooking in the background, right now things are looking bleak.

Braeden Shrewsbery officially announced today that he's joining ND.  That was in the works for a while, but good that he gets his moment.

Sounds like some in-home visits are happening this week, so hopefully we can get up to 7 or 8 scholarship players soon.