Kelly to Meatchicken?

Don't really care.  It's funny how many jobs he's rumored for over the years.  He pissed me off with his deliance with the Eagles right before the NC game.  

Harbaugh will have UM backing up the Brinks truck to keep him there.  If he does leave I'm sure BK has a large buyout that they'd balk at paying.  But stranger things happen.  Either way F him and F Michigan!

• Cheers 1

JH might not have much of an option "if" the NCAA hits them with the sanctions that inckude multiple level 1 violations. Though I doubt the NCAA will throw the book at scUM, it is a possibility.

Kelly to scUM would be great. He'd quickly have UM winning 9 or 10 games a year with a loss to tO$U and some random team he should have beat. Actually, it might be worse than that considering the Big 10 is adding a couple teams with something resembling a pulse.

• Flames 1

10 hours ago, IrishGuy said:

JH might not have much of an option "if" the NCAA hits them with the sanctions that inckude multiple level 1 violations. Though I doubt the NCAA will throw the book at scUM, it is a possibility.

Kelly to scUM would be great. He'd quickly have UM winning 9 or 10 games a year with a loss to tO$U and some random team he should have beat. Actually, it might be worse than that considering the Big 10 is adding a couple teams with something resembling a pulse.

If hairball is in hot enough water, it may mirror the Ed O situation at L$U - which seemed like an NCAA ultimatum - get rid of him or you get the death (SMU) penalty - why else would Orgeron leave his dream job so abruptly and with minimal fanfare / explanation - 74% winning percentage and 1 Natty? As to why Kelly - he is a politician's kid and interviews well - "most wins of any ND coach" )-:: They deserve each other.

10 hours ago, irishwavend said:

Shocking that Kelly is such a hot commodity…some folks are so unoriginal…

There are so many other choices.

I mean, it could just be that he has a really good agent. Even if he has no intention of leaving, throwing his name out there gets him a raise as his current job. 

• Heart 1

42 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

I mean, it could just be that he has a really good agent. Even if he has no intention of leaving, throwing his name out there gets him a raise as his current job. 

What kind of a school would fall for such an obvious, money grabbing ruse...er...nevermind...

• Laughing Leprechaun 3

18 hours ago, IrishGuy said:

Though I doubt the NCAA will throw the book at scUM, it is a possibility.

Pervasive, repeated and significant violations of NCAA Rules should be enough to do it.  Their compliance office should have set up shop in the HC's Office for the remainder of the season to make sure that any additional games were not being played but it's clear that they didn't bother to even educate Harbaugh on the Rules.

39 minutes ago, Blammm said:

Pervasive, repeated and significant violations of NCAA Rules should be enough to do it.  Their compliance office should have set up shop in the HC's Office for the remainder of the season to make sure that any additional games were not being played but it's clear that they didn't bother to even educate Harbaugh on the Rules.

The NCAA is ostensibly toothless anymore with various court rulings and the like.  They don't even try to do anything, partially I believe, because whatever the new superconferences model etc coming they will be defunct.

• Flames 1

20 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

The NCAA is ostensibly toothless anymore with various court rulings and the like.  They don't even try to do anything, partially I believe, because whatever the new superconferences model etc coming they will be defunct.

This I completely agree with! I also feel the NCAA punishes those they shouldn’t, but don’t punish the ones they should. Overall, the organization is a total joke, and as you said, doesn’t do anything! Their whole motto of being there to protect the student athlete is a total farce!

As for Kelly, if he really does go to Michigan if Harbaugh were to leave, then I can’t wait to see how all the LSU fans feel about it. We can just be like, “Told ya so!” 😂

The way I see it playing out is I doubt it will happen. However, we all know Michigan will throw as much money at Harbaugh as possible to keep him, but with the whole investigation into the Sign Stealing Scandal, part of me wonders if Harbaugh will try and bolt so he’s not there for what could happen after. There are also so many rumors/rumblings of the Chargers organization wanting to give up buttloads of money, which I would be surprised if Michigan could match, to persuade him to come back to the Chargers, but this time as head coach. He had played for the Chargers at QB back from 1999-2000. I had also read that he was asked about these NFL rumors during the Rose Bowl Press Conference, and in true Harbaugh fashion, he said nothing at all. 🤔

As a Chargers fan myself, I still don’t see it happening and not sure if I want Harbaugh. But the Chargers have been so bad for so long, and still haven’t won a Super Bowl, I’m at the point where I think I’d be okay with it. 😬🤣

• Heart 1

On 12/27/2023 at 4:23 AM, Wharton70 said:

If hairball is in hot enough water, it may mirror the Ed O situation at L$U - which seemed like an NCAA ultimatum - get rid of him or you get the death (SMU) penalty - why else would Orgeron leave his dream job so abruptly and with minimal fanfare / explanation - 74% winning percentage and 1 Natty? As to why Kelly - he is a politician's kid and interviews well - "most wins of any ND coach" )-:: They deserve each other.

The NCAA (in CFB) will be irrelevant in 2 years or less. I see a commissioner coming. Maybe not soon enough. But to your point. NCAA won’t do crap and that goes for any pending charges for OSU for same infraction. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Saw a report that Jim Harbaugh hired a new agent with NFL ties. May not mean anything but who knows...

🤔 Interesting.

• 2 weeks later...