What time is bowl announcement

Just now, EddieAngel said:

I wonder how the underwhelming bowl selection is going to affect opt outs. Hartman needs all the screen time he can get but I can see Estime sitting. 

Agreed…I think Estime sits. Wouldn’t blame him at all. Wonder if we’ll see Alt, maybe Fisher and Watts sit. Maybe Baptiste too but he seems to love playing. 

6 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

Agreed…I think Estime sits. Wouldn’t blame him at all. Wonder if we’ll see Alt, maybe Fisher and Watts sit. Maybe Baptiste too but he seems to love playing. 

Yeah, hard to get mad at these guys after all of the career changing injuries we have seen in bowl games. I like them for me, bowl games, sort of a waste for the kids though. At least for the upperclassmen. 

2 hours ago, AnTostal said:

I don’t know. To me, unless it’s the playoffs, bowls mean absolutely nothing any more. Just another game, a chance for extra practices. So many players opt out, the bowls no longer really get all the best players on the teams they bring in. They’ll be getting ND-light and Oregon State.
I want ND to win at least 10 regular season games. I’d rather have ND go 10-3, losing to a good team in a bowl, than 10-3, beating a lesser team in a bowl. Go 10-2 in the regular season.   To me, after that, the bowl is really just a chance to get the Angelis and JD Prices some extra reps and game experience, getting ready for next year. 

Agree with this for the most part. I think with the 12 team playoff field next year, things will change. At least for the playoff bound teams, my guess is that there will be far fewer players opting out and/or entering the portal (at least until afterwards). For instance, if ND was in the playoffs this year, do you think Chris Tyree or Zeke Correl would still be in the portal? My point is, at least for those 12 playoff bound teams, the bowl games will be a lot more meaningful. Which is a good thing.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, estimebicep said:

How little self respect do you have for nd? This is college football mocking nd. This is insulting. If one guy gets injured i will be sure to post it.

Dude, if you were talking about FSU, I might agree with you…555