Marcus Freeman's coaching hires

I just got an early Christmas present!  Denbrock is a huge upgrade.  This is an OC that ND can compete for a championship with.  HS offensive 4 and 5 star skill players are going to want to play for him.  Awesome job by Coach Freeman and the AD!!

• Flames 1

Denbrock hire a homerun with a bunch of former players too. Jonas Gray, Braxton Cave, already tweeting out how great a move this is.

I know it’s not thee offseason so to speak, but Freeman is killing it on coaches and portal moves this year.

• Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1

Big upgrade over Parker with experience overall.  Denbrock knows ND given this will be his 3rd stint here.

We won't see LSU production, Daniel's was a special player.  This is the mentor type OC that Freeman needs to help balance his short comings on that side of the ball.  I just dislike the Kelly stank that we just can't seem to get rid of.  Please give us a productive offense that can win the big ones and not be so predictable.

• Flames 1
  • Trophy 1

Hearing that ND really stepped up regarding the compensation required to hire Denbrock.  Denbrock could be the highest paid OC in CFB.  With ND being a private school, that likely won't be confirmed.  Regardless, its nice that money isn't an issue this time around.  Guessing that AD Bevacqua has to have something to do with this.  If you want to compete for championships, you have to step up financially.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, 4thand1 said:

Hearing that ND really stepped up regarding the compensation required to hire Denbrock.  Denbrock could be the highest paid OC in CFB.  With ND being a private school, that likely won't be confirmed.  Regardless, its nice that money isn't an issue this time around.  Guessing that AD Bevacqua has to have something to do with this.  If you want to compete for championships, you have to step up financially.

I agree with you but I also think Jack had a hand in this too. Not only as a last "gift"  but also maybe a little middle finger to BK. Just a thought. 

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1
  • Laughing Leprechaun 1