Shoulda kept Buchner.

Hartman is fine QB. If this team had a bit more top tier talent they could even win it all with him. Problem is they don’t have that top tier talent. So now they just had a QB they coulda kept for 3 years walk out because of a one year transfer that’s gonna win them 8-9 games this year. If that’s fine for y’all cool, I woulda preferred keeping Buchner if we were only going to be winning 8-9 games. 

10 minutes ago, WeaverIrish said:

Hartman is fine QB. If this team had a bit more top tier talent they could even win it all with him. Problem is they don’t have that top tier talent. So now they just had a QB they coulda kept for 3 years walk out because of a one year transfer that’s gonna win them 8-9 games this year. If that’s fine for y’all cool, I woulda preferred keeping Buchner if we were only going to be winning 8-9 games. 

Buchner is categorically worse than Hartman, and has shown no signs of getting better or being able to be a QB1 on ANY D1 team.  They have way more upside QBs now and next year, that would have been better than TB anyway. 

Tyler Bucher would struggle to get a starting job at a MAC school.   He is the 3rd string QB at bama.  And will transfer again after this year, cause he is horrendous at the QB position. 

Edited by NDLincPark
  • Flames 1

On 10/8/2023 at 11:16 AM, NYGoldenDomer said:

This thread is stupid.  Buchner was a bust.  Plain and simple.

I'd call Buchner a tweener dual threat QB. He doesn't have the speed  the guy Alabama is starting and he doesn't have the arm strength like USC's QB.

The beef I have with ND is that they're using him like Drew Pyne. When you have an extremely accurate QB, you pass to set up the run. ND is doing the opposite and defenses are loading up the box to successfully stop the run. 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Frankus said:

I'd call Buchner a tweener dual threat QB. He doesn't have the speed  the guy Alabama is starting and he doesn't have the arm strength like USC's QB.

The beef I have with ND is that they're using him like Drew Pyne. When you have an extremely accurate QB, you pass to set up the run. ND is doing the opposite and defenses are loading up the box to successfully stop the run. 

Using Hartman like Pyne that is. 

5 hours ago, WeaverIrish said:

Yeaaaa, no.  Hartman gives this team a chance to win every game on this schedule.  Buchner does not.  Plain and simple.  

• Flames 2

5 hours ago, Frankus said:

Using Hartman like Pyne that is. 

Then I guess all Hartman needs is a receiver that can take the top off the defense, which I have see from Faison and Tyree. I don’t think any other receivers on the roster can do that. Maybe Greathouse, but not sure?

On 10/10/2023 at 4:37 PM, Baldy said:

Then I guess all Hartman needs is a receiver that can take the top off the defense, which I have see from Faison and Tyree. I don’t think any other receivers on the roster can do that. Maybe Greathouse, but not sure?

They're both slot receivers, which means going over the top means they have to cross the field. Given what they have, ND needs to give Hartman the ability to audible out of plays when ND is outnumbered in the box. He's a very accurate passer, and the only way ND IS going to make defenses stop stacking the box is by driving down the field completing possession routes to single covered receivers. 

• Flames 1

On 10/13/2023 at 11:51 AM, Frankus said:

They're both slot receivers, which means going over the top means they have to cross the field. Given what they have, ND needs to give Hartman the ability to audible out of plays when ND is outnumbered in the box. He's a very accurate passer, and the only way ND IS going to make defenses stop stacking the box is by driving down the field completing possession routes to single covered receivers. 

Yes, too true. And all great points!

If they’re stacking the box, then we need to exploit man to man, and at least one open receiver, which with Hartman’s experience, should see! That is, if he can call an audible based off of what he sees from the defense.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2023 at 1:51 PM, Frankus said:

Tobias Merriweather can take the top of any defense in the country. The staff  just needs to trust him more and get him more snaps.

• Heart 1

15 hours ago, Rocketsan said:

every time you bump this thread, a puppy dies somewhere in the world because of YOU

Dude....you just killed a puppy to tell us that we are killing puppies and then I had to kill a puppy to tell you that you killed a puppy.

...that's the blood of a couple of dead puppies on your hands. 

• Laughing Leprechaun 1