Shoulda kept Buchner.

4 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

For real, a bad loss is a bad loss but Jesus Christ some people go off the deep end

Agreed!

But what makes it worse, and why everyone is on the ledge, is this was Hartman’s first game with a turnover this season, along with being -4 in turnovers overall. Also, the first regular season loss to an ACC team since 2017! 😵

Oh, and the playoffs are a distance memory! ✌🏼

7 hours ago, Rocketsan said:

This is the worst take in the history of this board…

Should be able to pin a post to someone's profile, so anytime you think about discussing or arguing with them you can be like oh this is the guy who thinks Tyler Buchner is a serviceable quarterback and then just hit backspace and delete the post and move on about your day.. 

• Laughing Leprechaun 3

ND miscalculated by thinking they could succeed being a power running offense with a purely pocket passer. Hell, Brohm used his 6'5 QB to run some option and showed a lot of misdirection.

ND appears to believe that their struggles are all about execution, but their small playbook is hampering their ability to attack quality defenses who have good coordinators. 

• Flames 1
  • Trophy 1

1 hour ago, Frankus said:

ND miscalculated by thinking they could succeed being a power running offense with a purely pocket passer. Hell, Brohm used his 6'5 QB to run some option and showed a lot of misdirection.

ND appears to believe that their struggles are all about execution, but their small playbook is hampering their ability to attack quality defenses who have good coordinators. 

This right here! ^^^^^^^

On 10/7/2023 at 10:57 PM, WeaverIrish said:

Hartman is a good QB. He isn’t worth running a QB outta town. 

I guess part of the question would also be, which QB would get the most out of the rest of the players on offense.  It's not knowable, but probably is a factor.

I suspect most of us think we've seen everything that Buchner is and will be as a QB.  Could Buchner allow development of the wide receivers, given his limitations, and would wide receiver recruits have wanted to keep coming to ND with Buchner as their QB for the next few years?

Hartman is good, and I believe he's much better than Buchner.  But that can certainly be debated.  I think Hartman at least has a presence on the field and doesn't just duck and run.   He can get the ball down the field and I believe that gets receivers more involved and more excited than they ever would have been with Buchner as QB.  

Did ND run Buchner out of town? No, Buchner left.  Buchner knew that he would not be the starter because the other guy was better.  He saw it in practice and he saw it in the spring game.  Buchner could have chosen to stay but he left for Rees-er pastures.  

In my opinion, ND is a much better team with Hartman as their QB than they would have been with Buchner.  Next year there will be a wide-open QB competition and another QB will likely transfer.

I also believe the portal is the way of the future.  Every year every team will plug their weaknesses with players who weren't good enough to start on the teams that they are leaving, or who just want a new experience somewhere else.  It's fluid, and players and coaches and schools and fanbases are still adjusting.

• Heart 1