If it ain’t broke, don’t Rees it!

27 minutes ago, IrishGuy said:

I am very interested to see how these folks react when he replaces Freeman in a few years.  🙂

I hope that's not the case.  Moreso because it would mean that Freeman was let go and didn't succeed.  If it was say 10 or more years down the road and both have succeeded in their jobs then alright.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, jessemoore97 said:

I hope that's not the case.  Moreso because it would mean that Freeman was let go and didn't succeed.  If it was say 10 or more years down the road and both have succeeded in their jobs then alright.

I think Freeman will be tO$U's top candidate to replace Day (if Day makes it a couple more years).

I have 0 doubts that Rees has HC aspirations and his career choices to this point are an effort to build his resume for a HC gig. I honestly think he wants to be in the NFL, but I bet ND is on his list (and he would more than likely be on ND's list as well).

I’m indifferent on Rees. The fact that ND did decent last year with an oline that couldn’t block anyone the first three games, Pyne as a qb, and one receiver. I’m still astonished how they win 9 games honestly. But, at the same time, he ran a lot of Kelly’s playbook imo. I think it limited him on being a better OC. However, I think he’ll be fine in the future with a different coach. 

Rees should not be our head coach.  Parker is such a better OC because he isn’t waiting for any little excuse to go all in on passing.  Rees is like a new kid playing video game football who wants to pick a pass play every single down.  Parker is using our talent all levels effectively by keeping it balanced.

If we hire Rees as head coach, the school has a fundamental problem in general at that point.  Either way, it doesn’t matter…Freeman is here for a very long time

• Heart 1
  • Flames 2

6 hours ago, IrishGuy said:

I think Freeman will be tO$U's top candidate to replace Day (if Day makes it a couple more years).

I have 0 doubts that Rees has HC aspirations and his career choices to this point are an effort to build his resume for a HC gig. I honestly think he wants to be in the NFL, but I bet ND is on his list (and he would more than likely be on ND's list as well).

I've heard people swear up and down that their next HC would be Brian Hartline.  

I think Freeman has embraced ND, and if he keeps having success here he'll stay IMO.  I think with Jack leaving, and a new AD coming in who hopefully will allow MF more autonomy to run the program, pick his staff, etc that will help too.  To me he seems loyal, and if he is highly successful here he will be well compensated for one, and he seems the type that appreciates that we took a chance and hired him.  I could be wrong, time will tell.  I just want him to be really successful at ND.

• Heart 2