Notre Dame in the NFL

3 hours ago, jimbo said:

The Lions kick those field goals, they are on their way to Vegas for the Super Bowl. They had the game in the bag, blew it, and Campbell’s decisions didn’t help matters.

💯💯💯

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, EddieAngel said:

Congrats to Drue on the ring. So unbelievably tired of seeing KC win. Doubly tired of seeing Taylor Swifts stupid face. 

I’m super happy for Tranquill as well, especially with how the Chargers didn’t want to pay him. I’m sure he’s like, man I made the right decision! 😕😂 It hurts me, but deep down, I’m glad for him!

Also, don’t be that guy. They showed Swift like two times. What I want to know is why all you guys have the most fragile of male masculinities!

Like for real, what is it that makes you so mad about it? Genuinely asking, and be honest.

11 hours ago, Baldy said:

I’m super happy for Tranquill as well, especially with how the Chargers didn’t want to pay him. I’m sure he’s like, man I made the right decision! 😕😂 It hurts me, but deep down, I’m glad for him!

Also, don’t be that guy. They showed Swift like two times. What I want to know is why all you guys have the most fragile of male masculinities!

Like for real, what is it that makes you so mad about it? Genuinely asking, and be honest.

Didn't watch a second of it, I don't care for the NFL at all.  The other stuff probably should go to off topic forum for that can of worms.

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

12 hours ago, Baldy said:

They showed her WAY more than 2 times (maybe 2 times per KC drive).

The issue is that most fans of NFL are not Swift fans and they CONSTANTLY show her and make a comment about her celebration/body language/etc. We, as football fans, simply do not care. Meaning that they are just pandering to the few Swift fans that are watching just to see Swift.

I'll be honest, the hate isnt even directed at her, it is directed at the producers for showing her so much and talking about her.

Edited by NDhoosier
  • Heart 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

The issue is that most fans of NFL are not Swift fans and they CONSTANTLY show her and make a comment about her celebration/body language/etc. We, as football fans, simply do not care. Meaning that they are just pandering to the few Swift fans that are watching just to see Swift.

I'll be honest, the hate isnt even directed at her, it is directed at the producers for showing her so much and talking about her.

I watched some of the highlights, and yes, they did show her more than twice. Really though, I was being sarcastic. 😜

I guess since it doesn’t bother me, I didn’t notice it like it does all of you “football fans” over here.  I find it funny that you’re talking to me like I’m not a football fan. But I guess you don’t think so because I’m okay with all the Swifty stuff. 😂

But here’s the thing, I actually love it because it gets my daughter interested in the game, when she wasn’t before. She’s a big Siwfty fan. My wife and I think it’s cute, and she’ll start asking us questions about the game and actually watches it.

The other thing is it doesn’t affect the game at all. Swift is also the biggest and most talented female artist of this generation, who just so happens to date one of the best, and current record breaking in a lot of categories and now 3x SB Champ, Travis Kelce. All Swift is doing is celebrating because of her awesome boyfriend winning! Not her fault they want to show her. They are of course going to capitalize on it, because it brings in new viewers that will replace us one day.

It’s smart business!

19 minutes ago, Baldy said:

I watched some of the highlights, and yes, they did show her more than twice. Really though, I was being sarcastic. 😜

I guess since it doesn’t bother me, I didn’t notice it like it does all of you “football fans” over here.  I find it funny that you’re talking to me like I’m not a football fan. But I guess you don’t think so because I’m okay with all the Swifty stuff. 😂

But here’s the thing, I actually love it because it gets my daughter interested in the game, when she wasn’t before. She’s a big Siwfty fan. My wife and I think it’s cute, and she’ll start asking us questions about the game and actually watches it.

The other thing is it doesn’t affect the game at all. Swift is also the biggest and most talented female artist of this generation, who just so happens to date one of the best, and current record breaking in a lot of categories and now 3x SB Champ, Travis Kelce. All Swift is doing is celebrating because of her awesome boyfriend winning! Not her fault they want to show her. They are of course going to capitalize on it, because it brings in new viewers that will replace us one day.

It’s smart business!

And her brother went to Notre Dame.

And she went to a few home games and had to be on the sideline since it would have been too disruptive fore her to be in the stands.

And, I love her music and pretty much everything she is about.  By all reports just a terrific person, principled, with very good music.  I am generations removed from her, but truly appreciate her.

I think I like her more than I like the NFL.  And I've been watching the NFL a long time.  It would be financial malpractice for the NFL not to optimize their relationship with her.  She is only shown on TV when KC is playing.  KC has the single best QB in all of football, a 3 time Super Bowl MVP winner, so they will be on TV often.  If she stays with Kelce, great.  If not, great.  I'll tune in to watch Mahomes any time, any network.  Dude is special.  If they show her for 25 seconds total out of a 3+ hour game, fine.

Back on topic, though, congrats to both Banks and Tranquil.  Too bad only one could go home with the trophy.

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

The real issue is that the Super Bowl isnt for NFL fans. Think about the actual audience. It is WAAAAY more than a normal sunday or playoff game. 

• Flames 2

4 hours ago, AnTostal said:

And her brother went to Notre Dame.

And she went to a few home games and had to be on the sideline since it would have been too disruptive fore her to be in the stands.

And, I love her music and pretty much everything she is about.  By all reports just a terrific person, principled, with very good music.  I am generations removed from her, but truly appreciate her.

I think I like her more than I like the NFL.  And I've been watching the NFL a long time.  It would be financial malpractice for the NFL not to optimize their relationship with her.  She is only shown on TV when KC is playing.  KC has the single best QB in all of football, a 3 time Super Bowl MVP winner, so they will be on TV often.  If she stays with Kelce, great.  If not, great.  I'll tune in to watch Mahomes any time, any network.  Dude is special.  If they show her for 25 seconds total out of a 3+ hour game, fine.

Back on topic, though, congrats to both Banks and Tranquil.  Too bad only one could go home with the trophy.

I completely agree with everything you said here!

And yes, it sucks only one could win, but congrats to them both.

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Synoptico said:

The real issue is that the Super Bowl isnt for NFL fans. Think about the actual audience. It is WAAAAY more than a normal sunday or playoff game. 

And the people in the stands are less likely to be fans of the teams playing than fans of the spectacle.  Probably because the prices are insane.