Hold on Nelly! I'm not sold yet on Sam.

5 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I know you guys mean well, but, you're all wrong.  Yea, he's an outstanding QB and all.  But most importantly...look at him
Sam Hartman Selected For Davey O'Brien Watch List – Notre Dame Fighting  Irish – Official Athletics Website

He is beautiful 😍

I Bet Snoop Dogg GIF by chuber channel

5 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

But in all seriousness Book, Coan, Buchner, Pyne, Wimbush, Zaire, Rees don't have shit on Hartman.  The only Irish QBs in the last decade plus that come anywhere near Hartman are Kizer, who's talent was mostly wasted here, and Golson, who was a headcase from what I remember.  Hartman doesn't have the legs that Book, Zaire, or Wimbush had but he can move enough and smart enough that he won't get into trouble back there very often.  He's not going to be the statue in the pocket that Coan was.  And like mentioned, Hartman has what none of the other Irish QBs have had in over a decade.  EXPERIENCE.  I don't wanna get too caught up in one game against Navy, but, the writing looks like it is on the wall here.  We heard it all summer.  It came to fruition on the field this past weekend.  His tools along with the talent around him and this staff's willingness to trust its talent, young and old, are going to take this team to fun places.  I think we're going to be in for a ride this year. 

Preach Amy Poehler GIF by Sisters

• Flames 2

13 hours ago, Joey D.... said:

I’m sold on Sam for a few reasons…..

• he doesn’t have Rees holding him back
  • he doesn’t have coaches that can’t find a way to get talented players on the field(Greathouse 2 touchdowns in his first game,  wouldn’t happen under Kelly/Rees/Alexander)
  • he’s much more advanced in reading and reacting to defenses
  • he’s taken over 3500 snaps and seems like he’s cool under pressure

sam is the “King of Dublin”

Greathouse wouldnt be here with Alexander here!

• Flames 2

4 hours ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

Off platform throw with a linebacker hanging on him anyone?

Saban still hasn’t named a starting QB for this week. From ‘Bama fan sites, looks like Buchner will be third on the depth chart. 

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

17 hours ago, AnTostal said:

Saban still hasn’t named a starting QB for this week. From ‘Bama fan sites, looks like Buchner will be third on the depth chart. 

odds are he will be at a new school next year (not insider information, just cant imagine he stays being third)

3 hours ago, Synoptico said:

odds are he will be at a new school next year (not insider information, just cant imagine he stays being third)

Odds that Rees could follow him this time around.  Have a feeling Saban won't keep Rees around if their offense really falters this year.

• Heart 1

56 minutes ago, jessemoore97 said:

Odds that Rees could follow him this time around.  Have a feeling Saban won't keep Rees around if their offense really falters this year.

For some reason I see Rees being a MAC or some lower level head coaching candidate after this year. Probably for the best if Buchner follows him. I root for the kid, but he hasn’t at all appeared to be a high level D-1 quarterback 

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

On 8/27/2023 at 7:46 PM, SpeedsterX said:

Not saying he's going to be a bust at all BUT, Jack Coan did pretty good as did Book. I have not seen anything "yet" to tell me he's any better than either other than better arm strength (probably) than Book. The biggest standout for me in 1 game was the play calling and in-game adjustments (what took so f****** long?!) I'll be satisfied if Hartman is just as good as Coan but some people are talking (shhhhh) Heisman. C'mon now....Who here can give me a reason to believe Sam will be any better than say Book or Coan?

Lol. Crapping on a good feeling. Come on Speedster. He looked hands over feet better and what we have been looking for (well maybe just me). True pocket passer and a pro style offense FINALLY! At least I hope so. 

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

Going to need real in-game adjustments in the SEC. That didn’t seem t be a Rees strong point at ND. Will be interesting to see how the offense does at ‘Bama this year.