Curious who has been able to attend a ND game

Have you been to a Notre Dame game?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Home Game

2. 2. Shamrock Series Game

3. 3. Away Game

4. 4. Bowl Game

5. 5. CFP / BCS NC Game?

I’ve been a fan since 2005, but have only been to three games.

First one was an absolute nightmare, 2014 Notre Dame vs USC. I will say, none of the USC fans said a thing while my cousin and I did the death march back to his car. I’m sure they figured since Notre Dame got their butts kicked bad enough, there was no need. 😂

Second was 2016 Notre Dame vs Ohio State Fiesta Bowl. That was annoying as well because we went with old military friends that are Ohio State fans, and we sat in the Ohio State section. It was four hours of hearing thousands of people spell a four letter word. I was also asked to take a photo of a mom and daughter who were Ohio State fans after the game. 🙄 I wanted to tell them to eff off, but I didn’t.

It was after that I felt I was bad luck, and said I wouldn’t go to another game ever again. But, I ended up going to the 2019 Notre Dame vs Iowa State Camping World Bowl. Great game, for obvious reasons, but what made it even better was we had perfect seats on the Notre Dame sideline and right by the Notre Dame band. What made it even better was how confident the Iowa State fans were going into the game, and all the crap they were talking at our hotel. They were real quiet after though! 😜

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

This is for sure dating me, but the 1st Irish game I saw in South Bend was against South Carolina in probably 1979 / 1980 They had a running back by the name of George Rogers who went on to win the Heisman and had a pretty stellar NFL career with the Redskins (can I say that???). He was a beast, pretty much unstoppable that game, still not sure how ND pulled out a victory that day.

This wasn't a game I saw in person, but I fondly remember watching the ND - West Virginia Fiesta Bowl for their last Natty. It was something like 3-4 am in Manila at a place called the Hula Hut. Great time, great game, and some scantily clad waitresses!

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

Grew up in an ND family with some family members who went there in the 90s and 2000s. I used to go to 1-2 games as a kid. My first one was Northwestern in 1995 (don't really remember it, but plenty of pictures). Luckily, one of my brothers was a student there in 2005, so I was at the Bush Push. Unfortunately, he was also a student in 2007, so I was at 2007 Navy...

I was a student there as well, but my four seasons were the last two seasons of Weis and the first two seasons of BK - not great!

After graduating, I went back to 1-2 games every year until a few years ago when I pulled the trigger on season tickets. I live in Chicago, so it's an easy drive.

Away Games: Syracuse 2016, North Carolina 2017, Georgia 2019, Michigan 2019, Navy 2022

Shamrock Series: Syracuse 2018, Wisconsin 2021

Bowl Games: CFP/Clemson 2018

I've never been to game out in California at USC or Stanford, so those games are on my bucket list. 

• Heart 2

19 hours ago, 1Redrum said:

I have been to 15 - 18 games.....went twice a year sometimes and once a year for sure for an  8 year stretch plus some games when I was younger with my Dad.  Live in Canada so its a commitment...tickets, hotel, food, hours driving but love it.  Have not been since Covid and currently hoping to make it back this year.  Perhaps even for Ohio State.  Go Irish!

where in Canada?

Been to a lot of games over the years starting in the early 80’s with my dad. Sat all of the stadium. On the field bleachers front row in the end zone @against Pitt, in the new luxury boxes, row 26 looking at Touchdown Jesus and the Golden Dome, first row in the Gold Seats,etc. Best seats however were on the tunnel in 2019 on SeniorDay. That was the day I reached over the railing and caught the ball after Doerr made a field goal right before halftime. I have a better kick catch percentage than Chris Tyree!

• Laughing Leprechaun 2

18 minutes ago, Joey D.... said:

Been to a lot of games over the years starting in the early 80’s with my dad. Sat all of the stadium. On the field bleachers front row in the end zone @against Pitt, in the new luxury boxes, row 26 looking at Touchdown Jesus and the Golden Dome, first row in the Gold Seats,etc. Best seats however were on the tunnel in 2019 on SeniorDay. That was the day I reached over the railing and caught the ball after Doerr made a field goal right before halftime. I have a better kick catch percentage than Chris Tyree!

Welcome aboard. I love that you shared an experience as your first post. Amazing way to end it, too! 😆

Thanks for joining!

• Heart 1

Mike
This post was recognized by Mike!

SpeedsterX was awarded the badge 'Superstar' and 50 points.

A perk to being a South Bend Police Officer, I have worked in stadium security for every home game for 20 years. And yes, the vast majority of that job includes being able to watch the game. Another perk is access to almost anywhere in the stadium and on the field. Now that I am semi-retired but still a Police Officer with SBPD I can NOT work in stadium security due to how it is paid to Officers but I AM allowed to work football game day traffic which after the majority of traffic is in, I am allowed to enter the stadium on field to watch the game BUT I have to leave the game 30 minutes early to be ready for outbound traffic so I would not be able to watch the end of the games. 

Short answer, Yes, I've attended MANY games.

• Flames 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Leprechaun 2

On 8/19/2023 at 11:23 PM, FaithInIrish Forever said:

`

I can't ever thank you enough for believing in me on here man.  More importantly, Thanks for your service to your community and leadership overall!

I knew you were more than able and I was very happy you accepted the position. Thanks for the nice comments. You've made this site better Brian. 🙂

• Heart 3

ND fan since watching Lindsey Nelson recaps when I was 6. Bucket list trip with nephew to see Irish demolish Texas in 2015. 3 of the best days ever. Jaw hanging to the ground the entire time on campus and around South Bend. Then saw the Irish double up on Navy in San Diego in 2018. 

• Flames 1
  • Leprechaun 1