Curious who has been able to attend a ND game

Have you been to a Notre Dame game?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Home Game

2. 2. Shamrock Series Game

3. 3. Away Game

4. 4. Bowl Game

5. 5. CFP / BCS NC Game?

I am lucky in that I live within driving distance of South Bend so that I have been to a decent number of home games over the years. Also have been to ND games at Northwestern, Purdue, Clemson and Louisville as well. Just curious who else has been able to to attend Irish games whether at home or elsewhere.

• Heart 1

35 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

I am lucky in that I live within driving distance of South Bend so that I have been to a decent number of home games over the years. Also have been to ND games at Northwestern, Purdue, Clemson and Louisville as well. Just curious who else has been able to to attend Irish games whether at home or elsewhere.

My only trip to South Bend was October 2018 vs Pitt.ย  I was able to see them in a bowl game in Orlando back when Rees was QB against Florida State.ย  Walking back to the car after that loss was BRUTAL!!

1 hour ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Forgot about seeing ND play at Pitt the day Tuitt got ejected for targeting. Still disagree with that call to this day.

16 minutes ago, nd_irish said:

1 game at home versus Washington and 3 games away versus Purdue. ย All 4 were wins.

We might need to get a fundraiser going so we can getย @nd_irishย season tickets and transportation. A small price to pay for a National Championship.

:trophy:

• Heart 1
  • Trophy 2

My lone Irish game was a Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium against Rutgers.ย  It was the year after the BCSNCG.ย  I just remember being pissed we went from the NCG to the friging Pinstripe Bowl and there were a lot of field goals and the Irish won.ย  The only other college football game I went to was another Pinstripe Bowl which was Syracuse and Rutgers again I think.ย  Possibly Syracuse and Miami.ย  I don't remember much of that game.ย  It was also boring.

edit - It was Syracuse and Kansas State in the inaugural game in 2010.ย  I would have never remembered that if I didn't Google it lol.ย  KSU jumped out at me as soon as I saw it though,

Home Games - Lucky enough to have grown up near South Bend with uncles who had season tickets for years. My old man and I always went to the Navy games as my uncles never had an interest in going. ย Also went to a couple Purdue and Air Force games.ย 
ย 

Away Games - Was at the Air Force game in 2002 as it was my senior year. ย Several Purdue games since my wife is a Purdue grad, so it has been easy to get tickets. ย Also was at the FSU game for the bogus moving pick call when I lived in the panhandle. Then there was the Navy game in Jacksonville. Talk about a huge let down loss for that day.

Itching to get to a few more games in ACC country while we are still in the area. Maybe NCST this year.ย 
ย 

Shamrock Series - Just the 2014 game vs Purdue in Indy.ย 
ย 

No bowl or CFP games yet.ย 
ย 

ย 

8 minutes ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

ย 

Away Games - Was at the Air Force game in 2002 as it was my senior year.ย 
ย 

ย 

Only game I missed seeing in 31 years...this was on an obscure CSTV as a pay per view, not available in Canada...

13 minutes ago, Rocketsan said:

Only game I missed seeing in 31 years...this was on an obscure CSTV as a pay per view, not available in Canada...

It was a good game for the Irish and the stadium atmosphere was the best it had been the entire four years of being forced to attend the games. ย Place was sold out and they even added standing room only sections. ย 

Pretty good spirit week as well. I had ND stuff up on my door which was great rooming down the hall from the starting AF QB. ย Was worth getting โ€œnukedโ€ by the freshman just to get under some peopleโ€™s skin.ย 

• Heart 1

Went to school there, so went to every home game for four years. Went to the Sugar Bowl when they lost to Georgia. Went to the Ice Bowl against Houston. Have gone to several home games over the years. Went to the playoff debacle against Clemson. Painted my shaved head ย gold and velcroed a golden Mary statuette to it. The cheerleaders even got me up on stage to lead a cheer before the game.ย 

• Heart 3
  • Flames 1

I have been to 15 - 18 games.....went twice a year sometimes and once a year for sure for anย  8 year stretch plus some games when I was younger with my Dad.ย  Live in Canada so its a commitment...tickets, hotel, food, hours driving but love it.ย  Have not been since Covid and currently hoping to make it back this year.ย  Perhaps even for Ohio State.ย  Go Irish!