Dante Moore's true stripes

Word out of UCLA is that recently enrolled freshman QB, Dante Moore, is frustrated by his NIL situation and is already considering transferring.  Recall that Rees was all in on Moore big time with no back up plan and Moore played him like a fiddle till the very end all for the almighty dollar! Thank God, he did not choose to honor his commitment because it seems he has no honor.

Edited by Jersey Irish

I am not going to question a kid's honor without having all of the details. I mean, if promises were made to get him to sign and those promises have not come to fruition, is HE the one without honor?

This is just a side effect of today's version of college football. If promises are made (NIL or otherwise) and they are not kept, then kids can (and should) go somewhere else where they will be happy. Though it makes my skin crawl, this is the current system.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, IrishGuy said:

I am not going to question a kid's honor without having all of the details. I mean, if promises were made to get him to sign and those promises have not come to fruition, is HE the one without honor?

This is just a side effect of today's version of college football. If promises are made (NIL or otherwise) and they are not kept, then kids can (and should) go somewhere else where they will be happy. Though it makes my skin crawl, this is the current system.

Kind of like all things today.  Something shows up in a video somewhere.  Comments are made, conclusions are drawn.  Almost always the details aren't known.  By the time the details are known, everyone has moved on to the next thing.

I am disliking NIL more and more, for so many reasons.  Is it Moore?  Is it UCLA?  Are other people influencing him for their own selfish gain?  Who knows?

I'll still watch for him on Saturday highlights, just to see if he pans out or not.

• Trophy 1
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Rocketsan said:

NIL has ruined what was left of the integrity of college football.

It sure seems a tad hypocritical for these schools to be complaining about NIL etc and then chasing the money by switching conferences. How does USC, UCLA, Oregon & UW in the Big 10 make any kind of sense other than for the $$$. It certainly isn't in the best interest of the student athletes. The whole thing now is a money grab. I enjoy watching the games, but other than that, have no interest any more in what else is happening. Even bowl season is a joke now.

• Heart 3

On 8/7/2023 at 9:06 AM, IrishGuy said:

You mean the kid who was committed to Notre Dame until he got a better NIL deal with Oregon?  The same kid that flipped again to UCLA when they offered him something better than Oregon?  This kid's honor shouldn't be questioned?  L O L
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

9 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

You mean the kid who was committed to Notre Dame until he got a better NIL deal with Oregon?  The same kid that flipped again to UCLA when they offered him something better than Oregon?  This kid's honor shouldn't be questioned?  L O L
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

It is a new world. Are you going to tell me that if you were looking for a job and had 3 offers that you would not take the one that offered significantly more money? What if you accepted that higher paying job and found out they lied?

Let's not act like this kid is unethical because he is taking advantage of his ability (NIL) and could have taken advantage of the rules (transfer) had the NIL been over promised.

14 minutes ago, IrishGuy said:

It is a new world. Are you going to tell me that if you were looking for a job and had 3 offers that you would not take the one that offered significantly more money? What if you accepted that higher paying job and found out they lied?

Let's not act like this kid is unethical because he is taking advantage of his ability (NIL) and could have taken advantage of the rules (transfer) had the NIL been over promised.

Yes, I would take the higher paying job.  And I would expect the businesses in which I screwed over while I chased the dollar to question my honor too 🤷‍♂️ 

19 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Yes, I would take the higher paying job.  And I would expect the businesses in which I screwed over while I chased the dollar to question my honor too 🤷‍♂️ 

At least in your own opinion you are admitting the you are every bit as "honorless" as he is.

I just think in the world we are currently forced to live in, that if a kid is promised a certain amount of NIL and that turns out to be a lie just to get his signature, then it is well within his right (and the rules) to back out of his part of the deal.

None of this is new exactly. Kids have always been swayed by money, kids have always flipped schools during their recruitment, kids have always transferred, kids have always gone to schools for reasons other than a love for the university.....it is just sooooo much easier (and within the rules) now.

As they (and by they, I mean 1985) used to say, don't hate the player, hate the game.

I get it,  we as fans aren't happy with how things are going in the collegiate world....    devils advocate says that these guys are very young men ..and NFL careers aren't likely for them ...   knowing this...why wouldn't a kid take a million extra or whatever it is ...to go wherever...    that kinda money would take 15 to 20 years to make in the real world... ..everyone talks about honor ?    Integrity?   That's all good and im on board with it ... though at the end of the day...everyone of us is a cog in the machine..we get a little grease ...  become useless and then are replaced...  we are just numbers and consumers ...    until people as a collective turn that around ...than this NIL problem is here to stay 

47 minutes ago, IrishGuy said:

At least in your own opinion you are admitting the you are every bit as "honorless" as he is.

I just think in the world we are currently forced to live in, that if a kid is promised a certain amount of NIL and that turns out to be a lie just to get his signature, then it is well within his right (and the rules) to back out of his part of the deal.

None of this is new exactly. Kids have always been swayed by money, kids have always flipped schools during their recruitment, kids have always transferred, kids have always gone to schools for reasons other than a love for the university.....it is just sooooo much easier (and within the rules) now.

As they (and by they, I mean 1985) used to say, don't hate the player, hate the game.

This Is Cool GIF by MOODMAN

Fwiw, I think this is Dante’s dad, not actually him. Last cycle when those recruiting $ lights came on everything changed with dad. Kid has the talent. Hopefully he is able to stay aligned mentally and actually show people that one day. 

Edited by Big23Head
  • Cheers 1