Jack Swarbrick is retiring

I thought he did a great job myself. I met him once….I was impressed with his forthrightness when speaking…..he said he would help me with an ND issue I was having and the next day someone from his office called me to help. Being a pretty much nobody to him I was impressed that he followed through .

20 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

Not a fan.  Should have been gone years ago along with Kelly. 

New guy zero AD experience, not sure how well that will work out.  I believe ND has 7 or so alums who are AD at other DI schools.

Does that make ND "AD U"?

• Heart 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
2 hours ago, JeffV said:

After the NFL caved, I'm not feeling confident that we won't all be paying to stream Peacock in a couple years.

I have it anyways so it won't bother me.  As of now, if you have access to a .edu email address you can get Peacock for something like $2 a month.  I know its the principle of having to pay to stream the games, but, just throwing it out there.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, JeffV said:

After the NFL caved, I'm not feeling confident that we won't all be paying to stream Peacock in a couple years.

Oh, that's coming for sure.  If they're still with NBC.  One of the many things with which Pete will have to contend.

6 minutes ago, JeffV said:

It will bother me.  Once it's the only option, they will flood it with commercials.  Worst of both worlds.

It already has commercials.  You have to pay extra for the premium+ version to avoid commercials.  It does suck to have to pay and still deal with commercials.

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, AnTostal said:

Oh, that's coming for sure.  If they're still with NBC.  One of the many things with which Pete will have to contend.

It’s simple.  We all need to take a day off of football and boycott.  I don’t understand why our fans can’t have a little backbone and go do something else the day of a Peacock game…. It’s one game to send a message.

13 minutes ago, irishwavend said:

It’s simple.  We all need to take a day off of football and boycott.  I don’t understand why our fans can’t have a little backbone and go do something else the day of a Peacock game…. It’s one game to send a message.

It'll never happen, unfortunately. 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

Thankfully the wife subscribes to every goddamn streaming service ever invented 

Better than mine who has everything ever sold on QVC….like seriously…do we need a rice cooker…?  Isn’t that what a pot and pan are for…?  Pancake maker?  Again, pan….  😜😜😜  At least your wife contributes to ND Football for you…haha

• Laughing Leprechaun 2

2 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

Thankfully the wife subscribes to every goddamn streaming service ever invented 

I'm lucky in that regard that my wife barely ever watches tv.  Which sucks because it takes forrrrevvverrr to watch shit with her, she falls asleep so quick. 

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

I have Peacock too, and trust me, I was totally against it at first. But I’m fine with it all now.

We have so many different subscriptions to streaming services, and really use them all. We also have Xfinity for internet, so we get Peacock Premium for free. 😁

The reason is streaming services are the future, and where everything is going now. Soon that’s all it’s going to be. Just about every newer big screen display is a smart device with apps for all the services and free channels, YouTube TV, whom has the rights to NFL Sunday Ticket. Cable service/satellite is going to end up going the way of the Dodo. Kind of like land line phone services did, or should have.

With that being said, all sports are now in this market and it will never end. No matter if there is a boycott. They won’t care, because your boycott won’t make much of a dent. 😂

9 hours ago, irishwavend said:

Better than mine who has everything ever sold on QVC….like seriously…do we need a rice cooker…?  Isn’t that what a pot and pan are for…?  Pancake maker?  Again, pan….  😜😜😜  At least your wife contributes to ND Football for you…haha

It really depends upon your perspective. Pretty much every household in Asia has a rice cooker, if not 2. 

Watching football without the commercials yields a lot of blank/dead time or watching players standing around waiting on the commercial breaks. It’s probably better with the commercials to fill that empty time. Although on occasion, you catch the announcers on a hot mike when they think no one can hear them! 555

I can vaguely recollect from my youth when they claimed cable would eliminate the need for commercials, really, that was one of the selling points, IIRC!

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

15 hours ago, irishwavend said:

Just wait for QVC+, the premium streamer for home shopping