0 days until Kickoff

Will I be able to stop myself from posting 100 days in a row..  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Can I avoid posting each day for 100 days?

• No way.
    • Maybe
    • Faith can stop if he wants too. But he doesn't want too.

FaithInIrish Forever
This post was recognized by FaithInIrish Forever!

"Awesome post!"

tneun89 was awarded 25 points.

3 hours ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

@jessemoore97 @tneun89 @Wharton70 @Baldy @The Captain 19 and everyone. What are your favorite Notre Dame Football Moments?

Tough one for me because I was born in 1989 and most of ND's best games in my lifetime have been close losses. But I've been lucky enough to go to a lot of games, with hopefully many more on the horizon.

2005 USC: Still the best game I've ever attended in person. I've never seen an ND crowd like that. When Zibby returned the punt for a TD, I thought the stadium was going to collapse.

2007 Navy: Definitely not a favorite moment, and it was an awful season. But being there in person to witness history is sort of cool to think about.

2009 MSU and Washington: I was a student by then and those are the two games I remember most vividly. Golden diving into the MSU band after the game winning TD and then it felt like ND stopped WA at the goalline no less than 10 times that game before winning in OT. Pretty sure Harrison Smith laid the lumber in OT to break up a pass to seal the win. Also, watching Jimmy dismantle Nevada in the first game was awesome - had so much hope after that win, only to lose to the legendary Tate Forcier the following week.

2011 USC: A microcosm of that season (my senior year), so the game itself was terrible, but probably the most fun pregame I've had and then ND coming out with the new gold helmets for the first night game in forever and the first game with piped in music. The atmosphere was great for the start and then when ND made it close before Crist fumbled at the goalline for a 99-yard USC return TD (just like USF). Really ruined senior year.

2012: The whole season was incredible until Alabama. Too many great moments to name them all, but opening the season in Ireland, dominating MSU, finding a way to beat Michigan in the rain, Manti, Stanford, Oklahoma, Pitt, USC. I think 2012 will always be my favorite season, despite the end.

2014: Stanford game was incredible, although I was in the opposite endzone for Koyack's TD, so I couldn't see anything.

2015: Beating Texas to a pulp in the opener. The Texas fans were pretty nice if my memory serves me, but it was satisfying to watch them all leave in the 3rd quarter.

2017 Georgia: Took a bunch of my buddies to the game, and it was a great game. Even though it was 50% UGA fans in the stadium, the atmosphere was great. And their fans were fun to tailgate with.

2018: No games really standout besides witnessing Clemson destroy us in the Cotton Bowl. But Dexter Williams running for a TD on his first carry of the season against Stanford (after being suspended for the first four games) was awesome to see live. His 90+-yard TD run against Virginia Tech was also awesome.

2019 Georgia: Another loss, but probably the best away environment I've been to. Fans were really hospitable (probably because they thought they were going to steamroll us, as I think they were favored by 17.5 points, although many commented that they were treated really well in South Bend, so I think it was just a nice way to return the favor). The game was incredible - still can't believe Book couldn't get us in position to tie/win the game on the last drive on Georgia's side of the 50.

2020 Clemson: Had to watch it on TV like every other non-student, but that was probably the happiest I'd been after a victory in my whole life up until that point (2022 Clemson probably tops it).

2021: Seeing Kyren Williams in action - one of my favorite players for a number of reasons. HIs 90+-yard TD run against UNC was unreal - he should have been tackled for a loss.

2022 Clemson: Probably the best ND atmosphere since 2005 USC for me. It being Marcus Freeman's first big win made it feel monumental. Either tied or slightly ahead of 2020 Clemson. 

Edited by tneun89
  • Heart 1
  • Cheers 3

Gosh so many memories.  The first and probably the best was '88 Miami, the first ND game I think I ever watched.  That game ignited a spark and I fell in love with the Irish.  I followed every TV game leftover the season including dismantling SC and the NC game vs WV.

The '93 FSU game, unfortunately taking the heights of delirium to utter despair a week later vs BC.

Any game that we beat the Skunkbears, who I loath.  The 4-5 year stretch Lou kept beating Bo was glorious in the late 80's and early 90's.  And of course when we f'ing blanked them a few years ago.

The Cheerios Bowl where ND laid the smackdown on Florida.

The 2012 season minus the end.  The wins over SC, Stanford, and Pitt that year were such nail biters.  

I'm missing so many.  Two of my other favorites were the only two games I've attended in person '11 Navy which we won and '16 VTech that we lost.  Navy I saw with my wife and the night before the Cardinals won the World Series.  VTech with my 11 y/o son and my dad.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

Gosh so many memories.  The first and probably the best was '88 Miami, the first ND game I think I ever watched.  That game ignited a spark and I fell in love with the Irish.  I followed every TV game leftover the season including dismantling SC and the NC game vs WV.

The '93 FSU game, unfortunately taking the heights of delirium to utter despair a week later vs BC.

Any game that we beat the Skunkbears, who I loath.  The 4-5 year stretch Lou kept beating Bo was glorious in the late 80's and early 90's.  And of course when we f'ing blanked them a few years ago.

The Cheerios Bowl where ND laid the smackdown on Florida.

The 2012 season minus the end.  The wins over SC, Stanford, and Pitt that year were such nail biters.  

I'm missing so many.  Two of my other favorites were the only two games I've attended in person '11 Navy which we won and '16 VTech that we lost.  Navy I saw with my wife and the night before the Cardinals won the World Series.  VTech with my 11 y/o son and my dad.

2 hours ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

The ESPN 30 for 30 or whatever episode about the Catholic vs the Convicts shirt and the game is awesome if anyone hasn't seen it.  One of the best parts of it is when all the interviewed players talk about that moment in the locker room and each is giving their impression of Holtz saying "And save Jimmy Johnson's ass for me"!  It is pure gold and I wish I could of been a fly on the wall when that was uttered by Lou and the subsequent powder keg that blew up.  Arguably #2 behind "Win One for the Gipper" in Irish lore.  Gives me goosebumps man!

• Heart 1