Game Thread - #13 Notre Dame vs. Navy (8/26/23)

1 hour ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

That would be sick and my wife would never believe me lol. 

Her:  "So what you're saying is you're going on a football trip to _____ with a bunch of guys from the internet that you've never met in real life?"
Me:  "Yup"
Her:  "Who is she?"
Me:  "First of all, bitch, HIS name is @Baldy and its not like that.  Its just a bromance, no homo"

Is @Baldy wearing khakis like Jake on State Farm (the original Jake)?

• Laughing Leprechaun 2

Yeah JBrown.. That's what I would suspect. I do like the fact we had all camp to spend time prepping for the Naval Academy.  There will be some things you won't see on defense the rest of the year.. That being said, it may present some things such as personnel packages and front looks you can use situationally throughout the year in short yardage/goal line downs.

• Heart 1

The O-line on the 2 deep looks pretty young.  That surprised me, to be honest.  Hopefully that's a good thing. 

I LOVE the wide receivers' 2 deep, and even if Hartman goes down, I think Angeli will be a very good QB getting the ball to them.

If ND can be effective on defense against Navy, this game could be very high-scoring for ND.  Just have to get the middies off the field.

14 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

The O-line on the 2 deep looks pretty young.  That surprised me, to be honest.  Hopefully that's a good thing. 

I LOVE the wide receivers' 2 deep, and even if Hartman goes down, I think Angeli will be a very good QB getting the ball to them.

If ND can be effective on defense against Navy, this game could be very high-scoring for ND.  Just have to get the middies off the field.

One difference between HH and Rudolph regarding the OL is that it seems that Rudolph values size over experience and 'mauling' over technique. As a result, you are seeing some of the younger OL who are raw but have greater frames move into the two deep.  Note that Michael Carmody who is listed around 290 has dropped in the depth chart despite starting at least one game at OT in the past.

Edited by jbrown_9999

Pete's first tweet was good. rish had 3 main goals for camp: Build depth, cut down injuries, enhance leadership. Said Irish checked all 3 boxes. Notes 10 guys got double digit votes to be named captain. Also notes concussion/soft tissue injuries down. Correll sounds just ok. So thats worth monitoring. Staying the Night in Ireland because its a night game there(day game here) last time it was breakfast with the Irish. Loves Sam Hartman.

As usual I'm just home from work so I will listen the press conference later.