Transfer Portal?

13 minutes ago, SDIrishFan said:

No one is “striving” for it. It’s the reality of the situation. ND has fumbled the QB situation for the better part of a decade.

How sad is it that most high profile QB would rather sit behind 1 or 2 other high profile QBs at other schools than come in and immediately start at ND?

It is what it is.

I agree. Complete chicken shit if you ask me. But then again, they are making money, winning championships and eventually going to the NFL. ND isn’t doing any right now. Let’s hope Carr shows that he’s not afraid and willing to be “da man.”  

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, SDIrishFan said:

No one is “striving” for it. It’s the reality of the situation. ND has fumbled the QB situation for the better part of a decade.

How sad is it that most high profile QB would rather sit behind 1 or 2 other high profile QBs at other schools than come in and immediately start at ND?

It is what it is.

part of a decade?  You mean 20+ years.

4 hours ago, NDLincPark said:

This is so depressing to hear ND fans think this is some sort of actual thing to strive for. 

No, not striving, bare necessity. ND isn’t in a position to even be picky. They are in a terrible spot at QB right now. If Hudson Card was graduating ND should go after him, but I highly doubt he’s graduating.  That could be a win. 

On 9/11/2022 at 5:44 PM, chirodomer said:

There is going to be 2 leagues. The pay for play league aka SEC and B1G and everyone else. Granted a few ranked teams got waxed by fcs yesterday but ND was having trouble selling tickets already. Brian Kelly knew he was in for a shit show this year and the coaches we have may be great recruiters but they’re not magicians. Here’s the truth. It is going to take $25M in NIL money to win a title. We aren’t even paying top flight money for our coaches. There needs to be a philosophy change for the entire program or we are doomed to irrelevance once again. I love the helmets and the story but it’s over unless there’s a major change. 

This is literally the most fixable thing ever.  The program and the Athletic Dept need to modernize.  

I get the history - but that was so long ago, literally no one cares. 

They have the Money.  They have the alumni.  Chicago is 90 miles away. 

Join a freaking conference 

Notre Dame is not fully committed to being a Championship Caliber football team. Perhaps they're delusional; Perhaps they're self sabotaging, or a mixture of both.

Expounding on @Chirodomer comment, you're going to need to be all-in 

• Being aggressive in searching the portal
  • Aggressive with Collectives and NIL arrangements
  •  Reduce or Eliminate deterrents on campus and in the classroom for top flite NFL caliber talent (they do not want to play school) They want to play football, study football, and play video games. 
  •  Hire and Retain world class football coaches
  • Invest in top notch facilities / training staff / analysts

If all of these elements are not met, you will not have a team that competes for National Championships. ND is already at a regional disadvantage where all of the DL and OL talent is so they're fighting with a hand tied behind their backs if they do not go all in.

The fewer of those you excel at the further you'll be from a championship caliber team. Brian Kelly probably got this team as far as anyone could have and that will probably be the subconscious mission of Swarbrick and Jenkins to return them to relevance. 

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, JTennant said:

Notre Dame is not fully committed to being a Championship Caliber football team. Perhaps they're delusional; Perhaps they're self sabotaging, or a mixture of both.

Expounding on @Chirodomer comment, you're going to need to be all-in 

• Being aggressive in searching the portal
  • Aggressive with Collectives and NIL arrangements
  •  Reduce or Eliminate deterrents on campus and in the classroom for top flite NFL caliber talent (they do not want to play school) They want to play football, study football, and play video games. 
  •  Hire and Retain world class football coaches
  • Invest in top notch facilities / training staff / analysts

If all of these elements are not met, you will not have a team that competes for National Championships. ND is already at a regional disadvantage where all of the DL and OL talent is so they're fighting with a hand tied behind their backs if they do not go all in.

The fewer of those you excel at the further you'll be from a championship caliber team. Brian Kelly probably got this team as far as anyone could have and that will probably be the subconscious mission of Swarbrick and Jenkins to return them to relevance. 

ND keeps thinking it can “do it differently “ and it’s becoming blatantly clear that’s simply not possible.

Now, the 12 team Expansion helps, but it means ND will need to beat 3 top 12 teams to win a NC. We currently don’t have the horses to do that.

• Heart 2
  • Leprechaun 2

I still think ND better find a way to use the portal more effectively. It really annoys me that USC is going to steamroll us after one hire and one class of transfers. 

We have all these guys transferring out but no one coming in to replace them, so we’re stuck giving scholarships to Davis Sherwood and Matt Salerno, two players who would be lucky to play FCS ball. 

Everyone is complaining about the backers, and I’ve seen a few who’d really help us. Ovie Oghoufo, Shayne Simon and Paul Moala have all looked good and are probably better than our starters right now. Bertrand is so hard to watch. 

Edited by ndomer4
  • Heart 1
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, ndomer4 said:. 

We have all these guys transferring out but no one coming in to replace them, so. 

This is what I’m very nervous about. NDs best players getting poached and not being able to replace them.

you don’t think someone like Styles, with obvious talent, will be getting phone calls after this year due to our QB issues?

and we simply won’t be able to replace him.

ND should be “over signing” every class.

• Heart 2